Vision Golf Ball Forum Review Thread

Smerg_Oz -- Man I want me some blue balls in a bad way! I like the little bear on the side as I believe he will be a good luck symbol for me. Is this ball going to be in the lower compression style?

Smerg_Oz -- Man I want me some blue balls in a bad way! I like the little bear on the side as I believe he will be a good luck symbol for me. Is this ball going to be in the lower compression style?
The Bear balls where a test model that he sent out to the Aussie Test team. for us to try. At first I was a little confused at the reports coming in about this great ball " The Bear" . I did not like the one I got very much. Then BOZ let on that there were 2 models. One Pink , One Blue, as in Smergens pic.
Apparently the Blue ball was Terrific. The Pink one was not quite so good.
Cannot complain though. The service we all receive from Boz is second to none ,And it is Fun getting these strange looking balls to test out.
Personally I will stick with the X3 white until something better comes along.
Hint hint:banana:

Hey guys. Thought I'd give a bit of information about 'drop bears' and the humour in the title. Obviously the 'bear' on the ball is a koala bear and there is a old yarn that often gets past around to watch out for 'drop bears' that attack. Or koala bears falling out of trees! It is a joke story but I've heard the bear balls are awesome and look forward to their rerun. Gotta love Boz's humour and sticking with the Australian identity.

The Bear balls where a test model that he sent out to the Aussie Test team. for us to try. At first I was a little confused at the reports coming in about this great ball " The Bear" . I did not like the one I got very much. Then BOZ let on that there were 2 models. One Pink , One Blue, as in Smergens pic.
Apparently the Blue ball was Terrific. The Pink one was not quite so good.
Cannot complain though. The service we all receive from Boz is second to none ,And it is Fun getting these strange looking balls to test out.
Personally I will stick with the X3 white until something better comes along.
Hint hint:banana:

I completely agree with the bolded part. The Boz is the man. As for that blue ball that is awesome! I myself am partial to the UV:X3 so ill be following your testing to see if you find something you like better than the X3 line

I completely agree with the bolded part. The Boz is the man. As for that blue ball that is awesome! I myself am partial to the UV:X3 so ill be following your testing to see if you find something you like better than the X3 line

Well said Tex! I got two sleeves left of the UV:X3 so I am looking forward to the results of the blue bear ball!

I went out and played 18 on Tuesday and played the 808 and I was bombing that ball! I have gotten to where I really like not only this ball but the Artic as well. I guess it is abut time to talk to Boz and see about ordering some more.

I went out and played 18 on Tuesday and played the 808 and I was bombing that ball! I have gotten to where I really like not only this ball but the Artic as well. I guess it is abut time to talk to Boz and see about ordering some more.

I am thinking I need to do the same royalwulff. These balls work so well for me

Might be time to give this thread a little leg up with some pretty pictures... Or are you guys all just out on the course addicted to the Vision gear and not coming in?!? :act-up:

The "Rainbow Connection" getting their first run outdoors in failing light last night.

215969c6355243de7b2cd72a1632f668.jpg

The trial UVEE ball after I threw him in the garden bed to see how easy he was to spot....

6e8e48dd3b3dbd15ccd6050229d43cce.jpg

Looking forward to getting the UVEE out on the course this week to play around in the dusk and trial it there. Not sure if I'll bring the other two, but the 808 ball will get a run, as will the UV X3. Hope to grab some shots to help people realise that not only does this gear help your game, it extends the hours you can play as well. Can only be a good thing!

Might be time to give this thread a little leg up with some pretty pictures... Or are you guys all just out on the course addicted to the Vision gear and not coming in?!? :act-up:

The "Rainbow Connection" getting their first run outdoors in failing light last night.

The trial UVEE ball after I threw him in the garden bed to see how easy he was to spot....

Looking forward to getting the UVEE out on the course this week to play around in the dusk and trial it there. Not sure if I'll bring the other two, but the 808 ball will get a run, as will the UV X3. Hope to grab some shots to help people realise that not only does this gear help your game, it extends the hours you can play as well. Can only be a good thing!

Awesome pics, I'll be ordering some soon with the fall coming. What does a dozen run?

Awesome pics, I'll be ordering some soon with the fall coming. What does a dozen run?

You would need to PM Boz to confirm, but I'm pretty sure the three I've posted here are just trial balls and not in circulation just yet. However the 808 ball definitely glows and extends playing time and is available for purchase. Once again you'd have to PM Boz yourself to get accurate postage and order costs. Here is an older photo of two 808s and current UVX3. As you can see, they're pretty bright!

c7b8666cfd4fca37694a6474e6b31eaa.jpg

I will reiterate to others though, these balls aren't just a 'novelty' item. These are legit, playable balls which often share the same or similar platform/chassis set-up to Vision's "regular" balls. The 808 is currently my game ball of choice. Not because it glows and is a funky colour, but because it's a great performing ball. I simply take these shots because I have an interest in photography and like any 'big kid' love things that glow in the dark...

Wow it looks really cool! And what's better is that it's in the UV series :D

Those glow in the dark UV balls look awesome! Way to go Vision! I may try some Vision balls in the near future...

OMG~~.. might have to re-up another pilot pack upon seeing these pics!

we need info from da man himself!!!! why so mysterious!!?! hehe...

I'll let Boz reply to this InitialDL. He knows what he has sent me and knows their history, development and probable availability. But to the best of my knowledge the "Rainbow Connection" including the UVEE are test balls. The 808 and UVX3 can be all yours if you just get in touch with Boz and tell him what you need/want.

I'm still playing with these and really liking them a lot. Had some great shots yesterday with these that really made me happy and even caught my playing partner's attention. Had a beautiful draw on hole 5 that let me with a lob to the green. Stuck a 7 iron from ~165 out to about 8 feet on the par 3 9th. Even bounced a six iron shot out of a pond (was about 3 feet short of clearing it) and up into the rough on the other side. Ended up shooting a 41 on 9 tying my lowest 9 hole score thus far. These balls keep on performing well and every round I play there's several shots that just make me happy I'm playing these, whether it's holding a green, or a drive getting up and just seeming to sail out there. Really happy to have been able to try these out.

A curiosity question...has anyone noticed less roll out than other balls in wetter conditions? I felt like this was the case yesterday, but I may just be tripping.

I'm still playing with these and really liking them a lot. Had some great shots yesterday with these that really made me happy and even caught my playing partner's attention. Had a beautiful draw on hole 5 that let me with a lob to the green. Stuck a 7 iron from ~165 out to about 8 feet on the par 3 9th. Even bounced a six iron shot out of a pond (was about 3 feet short of clearing it) and up into the rough on the other side. Ended up shooting a 41 on 9 tying my lowest 9 hole score thus far. These balls keep on performing well and every round I play there's several shots that just make me happy I'm playing these, whether it's holding a green, or a drive getting up and just seeming to sail out there. Really happy to have been able to try these out.

A curiosity question...has anyone noticed less roll out than other balls in wetter conditions? I felt like this was the case yesterday, but I may just be tripping.

What type Vision ball are you gaming? I play the X3:UV and they have good action on the greens in all conditions. I would imagine any of the balls would slow down on the damp greens so have you compared it with another brand, to see what difference you might fine?

Cool! That is some awesome pics and I will have to have some of those colored balls!!! Keep us posted as to when they will be available for purchase.

AS you guys know I was an original tester for Boz and his Vision Golf Balls here on THP and since then have become a big fan of his products. I've been talking to him about trying to get ahold of some logo wear, specifically bugging him about a hoodie since I'm in NY and winter is approaching...
IMG00238-20111003-2144.jpg

Here's a couple of Polos: I like the bottom one quite a bit... it has more of a poly feel and more my style. The top is very traditional with a cotton feel.
IMG00241-20111003-2147.jpg

IMG00243-20111003-2147.jpg

You can't get a few more tops without getting a few more hats... and an old sleeve of Fantom balls.
IMG00244-20111003-2149.jpg

And of course if I'm going to get a shipment from OZ, it's going to contain some of my gamers as well. I cannot either confirm or deny that Boz sent me more than I paid for...
Check out the Red pring on the 808 protos on the right, I'm a fan!
IMG00245-20111003-2150.jpg

Thanks again Boz as always!!!

I have the solid white Vision hat and love it, wish Boz would open up an online store so I could grab some more gear!

Couldbeu -- That is some awesome apparel for sure! Man you are going to be all decked out and looking good. I love the golf shirts you displayed and all of the Vision products are top notch!

To pass on some of Boz's generosity, I passed a few sleeves of UV-X3 balls to some guys here, and am waiting for some feedback.

nice apparel! i love his hats i wear the one every range session. so comfy. i also ordered 18 of the gloves and split them with my instructor after getting the trial one. testing them out now long term! still using my X3s and impressed with them

What type Vision ball are you gaming? I play the X3:UV and they have good action on the greens in all conditions. I would imagine any of the balls would slow down on the damp greens so have you compared it with another brand, to see what difference you might fine?

X3 and X3:UV was playing them against ProV1 and nike one tour D. Seemed to get considerable more roll out of the nike than the X3s, never really had any shots where I noticed a difference with the ProV1. I hit a couple drives that were real low straight drives (never seemed to get more than 5 feet up) and the nike rolled out like 40 yards further (at least). I was really shocked. Always possible I had something slow the roll, but they were both darn near dead center of the fairway and I thought they were both going to roll for days. I was still happy with where I ended up, don't get me wrong. Just was a bit of an interesting anomaly that made me wonder.

I have the solid white Vision hat and love it, wish Boz would open up an online store so I could grab some more gear!

Gave my white cap to a golfing buddy but really like my yellow visor---darn near as much as a like Boz' balls!

Back