Voice Caddie G1 GPS Watch

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
@JB introduced the THP community to it back in October 2020, but now, fresh out of the box, we have the Voice Caddie G1 GPS Watch in for review. Using a GPS watch has become commonplace for passionate and casual golfers alike and unique features are what makes one brand stand out from another. And the G1 GPS Watch has some features I haven't come across to this point: (1) green undulation maps and (2) slope adjustments to the center of the green right on your wrist. It looks like Voice Caddie G1 is aiming to give the benefit of a range finder without the added cost of multiple devices.

Features from the company:
  • Green Undulation Data (where available)
  • Course Layout View (where available)
  • Color Touch Screen
  • Customizable Pin Placement
  • Bluetooth Compatible
  • Automatic Slope: Automatically Calculates Slope Data to the Center of the Green
  • Smart Scoring – Automatic Scorecard
  • Waterproof
  • Completely Fee Free
  • Stats/Scoring History
638B83DB-52F8-46FD-989A-D7422C8D51B7.jpeg
0404373A-EE48-45DD-8BA4-A93405604BC0.jpeg
FAE7D4A6-9F68-48E1-BF63-24F8D7277C21.jpeg

If a laser rangefinder is more up your alley, check out @ddec and the Voice Caddie L4 thread here: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?threads/voice-caddie-l4-rangefinder.8924945/

This watch looks very promising. I have grown accustomed to using my Apple Watch w/Arccos but there are a lot of bugs on the watch app section.

I would be very interested to see how this plays out in review. Especially, the smart score detection.

I like that this one can pass as a classy smart watch off the golf course. Feature rich watch. Tons of features too. How easy is navigation on the watch to get different views and distances?

I like that this one can pass as a classy smart watch off the golf course. Feature rich watch. Tons of features too. How easy is navigation on the watch to get different views and distances?
I haven’t gotten it on course yet (that comes Friday) but moving around the different faces is super easy. Touch screen is really responsive and it has physical buttons (remember those?!)

I was trying to get familiar with the G1 before it’s first round and I’m pretty impressed how snappy it is. And it has physical buttons! I can use it with a glove!

We got the G1 on the course today and I alternated between a laser and the watch and my snap impression was that the distances were solid. The slope distance to the center was helpful but it also has its obvious limitations (it’s just to the center and big greens/tucked pins are much tougher to judge). I don’t think my course has the undulation mapped because I couldn’t seem to figure that out today but the course layout and planning was Arccos-like for planning my next shot. I got stuck on the wrong hole once but navigation is an absolute breeze on this thing.

We got the G1 on the course today and I alternated between a laser and the watch and my snap impression was that the distances were solid. The slope distance to the center was helpful but it also has its obvious limitations (it’s just to the center and big greens/tucked pins are much tougher to judge). I don’t think my course has the undulation mapped because I couldn’t seem to figure that out today but the course layout and planning was Arccos-like for planning my next shot. I got stuck on the wrong hole once but navigation is an absolute breeze on this thing.
Did you find it as fast as I did? There was no lag at all.

Did you find it as fast as I did? There was no lag at all.
Yeah, I was messing around with it before I went to the course the other night and it’s snappy as all heck. It’s well designed and comfortable too.

Awesome initial thoughts G.

Is there a way for you to check if your course has the undulation mapped?

Awesome initial thoughts G.

Is there a way for you to check if your course has the undulation mapped?
Yeah, the app has previews of it. What’s your home course and I’ll check!

Same offer goes for others - name a course and hole and I’ll try to find it. Best way to see the tech in action!

548FB3EA-8EE0-4F1A-92D3-C74197336013.png
It might be a little sideways but use the bunkers to orient yourself (a few were off center on my course)

How do i read the heat map? Bunkers ate correct

appreciate you
I’m pretty sure it should be red at higher locations and blue at lower if I was a betting man. You will have to tell me if it’s accurate

I’m pretty sure it should be red at higher locations and blue at lower if I was a betting man. You will have to tell me if it’s accurate

Yup that matches up perfectly damn you selling me on a new watch

No one else wants to see a green on their course?

No one else wants to see a green on their course?

Do you have the follow courses:

Ledgemont

Warwick CC

Wannamoisett CC

Thank you?

I think you need to take advantage at your “closed” club thursday

Do you have the follow courses:

Ledgemont

Warwick CC

Wannamoisett CC

Thank you?

I think you need to take advantage at your “closed” club thursday
Planning a little RI trip? Yeah, all there!

Okay so I really like this thing. Looks good as a watch, has great features, real buttons and is crazy fast.

Okay so I really like this thing. Looks good as a watch, has great features, real buttons and is crazy fast.
How have your found the slope rating adjustment? In my tests it has been close but not without some questionable readings (maybe 5 yards off, Max)

How have your found the slope rating adjustment? In my tests it has been close but not without some questionable readings (maybe 5 yards off, Max)

It depends. If I compare it to my Bushnell, it is a bit off by 2-3 yards. The problem is, I find the Bushnell to be off. It seems pretty close to my Precision Pro though

Back