Waste Management Phoenix Open Thread (Spoilers)

What's up with mahan? Is he still playing?

Beast mode from tapatalk

I do not see him in the "field" listing on my PGA Tour iPad app.

Couples has also WD if that affects anyone.

What's up with mahan? Is he still playing?

Beast mode from tapatalk

No, Hunter Mahan is playing the Qatar Masters this week

Which has a very good field by the way.

Must not be that good. Did you see who is leading after round 1? I will not say the name because I don't want to spoil it. :bananadance:

No, Hunter Mahan is playing the Qatar Masters this week

He's not on team Kmac anyway so I'm not sure why I'm worried about mr no short game foley.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Must not be that good. Did you see who is leading after round 1? I will not say the name because I don't want to spoil it. :bananadance:

Hey he shot 5 under in some pretty tough conditions....now can he hold it together for 4 rounds...doubtful...but 5 under in any condition is a great round.

I'll spoil it....Gonzalo Fernandez Castano.

Or do you guys just get abbreviated leaderboards with only the US players showing? :alien2:

I'm more excited about watching the Qatar. I like golf in conditions with Euros more than tweenage fanboys going HAM on the 16th.

I'm more excited about watching the Qatar. I like golf in conditions with Euros more than tweenage fanboys going HAM on the 16th.

you just like watching John Daly. Don't lie to me.

you just like watching John Daly. Don't lie to me.

I did like watching him go all Tin Cup in Australia. He just emptied his bag of golf balls and peaced out. You should try to emulate his swing dude.

I did like watching him go all Tin Cup in Australia. He just emptied his bag of golf balls and peaced out.

That was awesome.....in the old days he would have drank the town dry after that!!

1 hour frost delay now at this tournament.

Speaking of the 16th, we need to go there sometime. You, me and marcawesome assuming he still lives in AZ if and when we go. All day long on a Saturday, pounding beers and screaming profanities at golfers.

I am such a newb, but I really enjoy the 16th at the WM.

Bubba has the General Lee at the WM this week. Photos are on some other golf forums and also by googling WM or Waste Management along with 'General Lee'.

It seems like Euro golf is more about birdies and bogeys, whereas PGATour golf is about less birdies and less bogeys. Its far more entertaining.

I could watch a camera dedicated to just that spot all day

Yeah I think it's kinda cool too. A buddy went 2 years ago and sat in the corporate VIP area on the 16th hole for 3 straight days and has some awesome stories about how much fun he had. People sit there and get effin' bombed and watch golf.

Speaking of the 16th, we need to go there sometime. You, me and marcawesome assuming he still lives in AZ if and when we go. All day long on a Saturday, pounding beers and screaming profanities at golfers.

I would ruin IJP's life if we did that. I also would want a Sanora dog. The 16th is a cool golf hole. I can't imagine hitting that shot with all those people there. I suspect I'd hear boo's.

I would ruin IJP's life if we did that. I also would want a Sanora dog. The 16th is a cool golf hole. I can't imagine hitting that shot with all those people there. I suspect I'd hear boo's.
I would think you'd be nervous just anticipating the eruption of screams the second you make contact with the ball. That part alone is insane.

Dude we'd go HAM on some golfers from the stands, not to mention we'd get all their WAG's wanting to come party with us.

I would think you'd be nervous just anticipating the eruption of screams the second you make contact with the ball. That part alone is insane.

Dude we'd go HAM on some golfers from the stands, not to mention we'd get all their WAG's wanting to come party with us.

I would fake out my tee shot. Like full on whiff, and just see what happened. LOL

By the time you would walk off 15 green and get onto 16 tee, that crowd would've already completed a life history on you and found out if you were a UNC/NCSU/Duke fan and then sang one of the other fight songs the entire time you were on that hole.

By the time you would walk off 15 green and get onto 16 tee, that crowd would've already completed a life history on you and found out if you were a UNC/NCSU/Duke fan and then sang one of the other fight songs the entire time you were on that hole.

They don't mess around do they? I love it. We play in this scramble tournament back home to raise money for one of the local volunteer Fire Departments. It's hosted at one of the private clubs, a joint called Mountain Top, which is insanely awesome. They bring all the Volunteers and their families and members of the community and set up a grandstand behind the tee box on this par 3. It's about 155 yard shot but you have to carry a ravine so it's a spectacle. The put a 15 foot circle around the flag and you can donate $10 and if you land one inside the circle you get a dozen balls and a pro shop gift card. There's like 150 people there, plus a guy on a Microphone just blasting you while you hit your shot. It was awesome. You'll see some shocking golf shots on that hole for sure.

Here we go! The frost delay is lifted. There are scores from the 1st groups on the leaderboard.

Back