Web.Com - Hotel Fitness Championships

Lots of good names at this event.

There are some bigger names going off in the later pairings as well. I will be updating as I can.

Also if anyone is going to watch on the golf channel later I am in my Hackers Paradise Purple Sligo shirt and green THP hat.

On 10 Ben Martin hits his approach close and makes the birdie. He is now -11 and Danny Lee made his par.

On the par 3 11th both make their par and we are headed to the 560 yard par 5 12th.

I think Ben Martin got a little inspiration for his outfit from this years Cleveland staffers at the MC:
avu2ytyr.jpg

Also if anyone is going to watch on the golf channel later I am in my Hackers Paradise Purple Sligo shirt and green THP hat.
I will keep an eye out dude

Two birdies on 12. Martin went long on his second and chipped to about 10 ft and put it right in the middle. Lee found the fairway bunker, played it short to about 100 and then made his birdie from about 8 ft.

On 13 there were some problems from both players. Lee went thru the fairway but managed a par out of it. Martin didn't fair so well.

After this drive
ge5uzumu.jpg

He then bladed a wedge over the green into the water and took 4 more to get in the hole. A triple bogey 7. Took him right out of contention now.

nuhytavu.jpg

We are going to let the Martin and Lee group head out and going to camp in this spot for a little while and follow some other guys closer to the lead.

After a much needed break we watched a few groups come through. None really in contention so we decided to hook up with the Petterson and Wilkinson group to head in to 18 and watch the finish.

Currently Petterson is -17 and Wilkinson is -13 and on the par 4 16th.

The Petterson/Wilkinson group are finished and I am out to follow the last group in til they finish. This will be fun.

We now have a 3 way tie at the top. Cantlay fell down to -19 while Immelman and Cauley are moved up to tie him.

Cantlay is playing the 11th and found the green side bunker. Going to follow the Immelman group in and sit at 18 to watch the final groups come in.

And Immelman is now the outright leader with a birdie at 13! Michael Putnam makes his par to remain at -14.

Cantlay drops a shot at the par 3 11th after hitting it in the bunker. Immelman is safely aboard at the par 3 14th with about 35-40 ft for his birdie.

Well Immelman and Putnam both make par on the 14th. Both are in good position to go for the green in two on the par 5 15th.

Cantlay birdies the par 5 12th to get back within one of the lead and Cauley remains at -19 with a par on the 13th.

After a poor second shot and a lengthy ruling Immelman misses his par putt and drops back into a tie for first at -19. Putnam made his birdie to get it to -15.

We have a new leader to join the other three. Kisner joins the group at -19. Immelman gets up and down from just off the green and Michael Putnam makes a 2 putt par.

17 is a par 4 with a demanding tee shot but of you can hit the fairway you will have a great look into the green.

It's time to park it and watch all the groups come on. Right now we have Seung-Yul Noh and Will Claxton on the green at 18.

Noh didn't judge the roll out very well and come up about 10 ft. short. He barley missed his par attempt and tapped in for bogey to finish at -16 and T7.

Claxton had a long birdie attempt of 30-35 ft. He rolled that by 3 ft and made the comeback for par. He finishes at -16 and T7 as well.

Wow! Just had Trevor Immelman drop his birdie putt for the outright lead!!! He finishes with a 66 and a solid round of golf.

Micheal Putnam also makes his birdie and finishes at -16. Good enough for T7.

This is going to be an exciting finish. Cantlay and Kisner are still tied for second at -19.

I hope everyone is enjoying the updates and whatnot. It's been a great week and I have had a lot of fun!

Bud Cauley hit a great shot but couldn't convert the birdie. He finishes with a tap in par and -17 under.

Oberholser has a rougher go of it and 3 putts for a bogey and finishes at -13 and T18.

Just two groups to go with Bobby Gates and Scott Gardiner on 18. And Patrick Cantlay and Kevin Kisner teeing off on 18.

Great birdie there from Bobby Gates and a routine par by Gardiner. Only one group left to play.

Man, what a finish! I thought Cantlay had that last putt. He ended just lipping it out and missing a playoff. He ends up at -19 and second by himself.

Kisner misses his birdie but taps in for a -18 and T3.

The winner of the first ever Hotel Fitness Championship is Trevor Immelman!

Thanks for all the posts. Glad that you got to attend and also have a great time.

Crazy to think about the depth in golf...this is a 2008 Masters champion trying to get back on tour.

I hope everyone is enjoying the updates and whatnot. It's been a great week and I have had a lot of fun!

I really did. Even though I read today's hours after it happened it was a lot if fun. Glad you enjoyed it.

So glad you had a great time Dan! Thanks for all the posts.

Nice win by the former masters champ. I had a lesson this spring from Trevor's brother and swing coach, Mark. Great people!

Back