Wedge Finishes - Your Preference

I have 2 satin and a black. Used to have a raw/rusted I liked a lot..basically anything but chrome for me.

I prefer black because of how it frames the ball and doesn't glare. Chrome just gets too shiny in the Florida sun for me. I also prefer no rust so I try to keep mine from doing so as best I can.

I did love my old Cleveland BeNi lob, though. Soft as melted butter and ded sexy.

Tapped from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Satin cause its classy

My favorite would probably have to be copper (oil). I've never had one but constantly drool over the Oil Vokey's in the golf stores. Unfortunately I don't think I would game the copper color wedges unless I had some copper color irons to go with them. Yes, I'm that shallow.

Mizuno Black Satin from the MP-10 wedges. Starts off matte black and slowly fades to raw. I also love the Callaway copper finish.

Black for sure. Just love the look of the pearl black Cleveland's or Bridgestone J40's. Hate the raw or slate finishes that rust. Drives me nuts.

Raw. Second is copper.

I prefer satin, but one of wedges at the moment is chrome which isn't to bad at the moment in the winter but it wont be nice in summer. Also like the look off the black ones even though ive never used one. Not really a fan of the rusted look.

I like satin myself. I like my clubs to look like new all the time, so no rust for me.

I used to be chrome / satin guy...but once I realized how much easier it is to hit with black oxide / rust / raw rusted club since the sun doesn't glare in your eyes, I've changed my mind :)

Satin. I prefer a finish that looks natural and that isnt too dark or too shiny. Ive owned a few oilcan Vokeys and Mizunos with raw finishes and didnt care for the rust. Its just a look that I want on my clubs. Not to mention I didnt experience that added, "softness" of those finishes that some people claim.
Ive never had a wedge with a black finish but I did have a set of Bridgestone J36s with the black finish and it was kind of cool at first but I got tired of it after a while.
I dont mind a gunmetal finish though. Ive owned a couple sets of Ping irons with that finish and my Slingshots kind of have a gunmetal finish and I dont mind it.

I really like the black oxide because it allows me to open the face without glare. Also the extra bit of spin you receive when it's slightly rusted helps lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2 wedges are black oxide and while I like them, I'm thinking next set will be satin chrome. I like my clubs to look tidy and the black oxide doesn't tick that box. I wasn't exactly aware of what black oxide was and assumed it was like black nickel that would rust over time. Within one practice session the face was silver and they just haven't rusted like I thought they would. Ah well I know for next time.

My black oxide J40s are a work of art with the amount of rust I have on them. Can't wait form my next set

My black oxide J40s are a work of art with the amount of rust I have on them. Can't wait form my next set

Really? Mine have barely rusted. I wash hem to get the grooves clean after a round but thats only with warm water and an old toothbrush. I like them but I am thinking of getting rid of them and replacing them with the MD2's or maybe MP-T4 in satin chrome.

Really? Mine have barely rusted. I wash hem to get the grooves clean after a round but thats only with warm water and an old toothbrush. I like them but I am thinking of getting rid of them and replacing them with the MD2's or maybe MP-T4 in satin chrome.

It's extremely humid in Florida so I guess this aided in the rusting. It's almost like a rust camouflage

See that's where we're different, where I live is not at all humid which probably explains the difference. Thanks.

Raw followed closely by black

See that's where we're different, where I live is not at all humid which probably explains the difference. Thanks.
Some have soaked their wedges in coke to get that rust look. You may have tried but if not it's worth a try

I use CG 16 Black Pearl wedges, love them, but the 56* could do with replacing for the new year, so I was looking at the MD2, they only come in Chrome and Slate...I was hoping for maybe satin this time round :disapointed:

I love the looks of my copper wedges, next one will be copper or black

I love black wedges and the new Hopkins that won't rust are on my radar, I do not like the look of a rusty club.

I game the black or gun metal finish on my wedges. Cuts the glare from the sun I used to get from Chrome.

I have always been a chrome guy. Maybe it's time to open my mind a bit. Like the looks of the black oxide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back