Wedge shaft question

weemohack

Reaction score
Handicap
For those of you playing graphite shaft irons what are your wedge shafts? I went w the A wedge and gap wedge from my set so full swings would be the same. I'm happy on full swings but not thrilled w turf interaction on partial swings and some pitch shots. My sand wedge is already steel as it doesn't really get hit on full shots but I'm considering going to a steel in my 52 as well but I'm a bit nervous how much heavier it will feel.

I'm considering Edison 2.0 for the 51/52

I play graphite shafts in my irons and wedges. I like it. My current setup is steelfiber i95 in irons and i110 in wedges. I like the additional weight in the wedges. I play full and partial shots with all of my wedges. This approach works well for me.

I used to play steel in my SW with all other shafts matching my set. Latest clubs I bought had a deal for 7 irons, and as I don’t use anything below a 6, I decided to get a set SW. The shaft matches the rest of the set, the Mitsubishi MMT 70, and have to say, it worked like a charm on its initial outing.

My PW and GW are very light graphite (~60gr, off my head), and SW and LW are steel.

I like the extra weight in the higher lofted clubs, helps with touch. The SW gets full-swing once or twice per round, and I don't mind the extra weight there. Never bothered me enough to consider switching.

The LW is a no-go on full swings off the fairway, but that has nothing to do with the shaft and everything to do with avoiding blowup holes from a 100 yard blade rocket.

Last edited:
My current wedges have Steelfiber i95s which is what was in my irons at the time. Currently irons have RT 95s next set of wedges will have RT100 wedge shafts.

Recoil Wedge Protos here

I'm considering Edison 2.0 for the 51/52
I would strongly recommend this!
I just put a 90 gram ust mamiya Dart V TSPX in my 49 and 105 gram wedge shafts in my 54 and 59. Playing four at 9 with them tomorrow night.

I have Steelfiber i95 regular flex graphite in all my wedges to match the irons.

I matched all my wedges with my irons, Rapid Taper 105gm but did stock tipping for the 50* and tipped as 8i in the 56* & 60*. The shafts got moved to the Wingman wedges so still getting used to them, may look at moving to the 115 wedge shafts in the Rapid Tapers.

I play graphite shafts in my irons and wedges. I like it. My current setup is steelfiber i95 in irons and i110 in wedges. I like the additional weight in the wedges. I play full and partial shots with all of my wedges. This approach works well for me.
I'm in a similar boat. Accra Tour 90i in irons 5-PW & 48* GW, and Tour 100i Tour in the 52* & 58* so that they are a bit heavier.

UST Recoil DART 90's in my irons and GW. Dart 105's in my 54/58.

Back