Week 9 - 2014 THP Fantasy Football

For me it's playoff spoiler the rest of the way out. At 4-5 I am on the outside looking in.

I wish that these leagues were 8-team playoffs so that more people would be in contention for the playoffs and not just have to play "spoiler." Might keep more people interested in all of the leagues in the second half of the season as well.

I wish that these leagues were 8-team playoffs so that more people would be in contention for the playoffs and not just have to play "spoiler." Might keep more people interested in all of the leagues in the second half of the season as well.

I think this is a great idea, especially with 16 team leagues. Definitely would rev up the interest.

8 teams waters it down, rewarding mediocrity does no good.

Especially considering the already lack of activity by some

This is my first 16 team and I have to say I like it alot, i feel as of it comes down to two factors, a good solid draft and injury luck. In smaller leagues you can get way better week to week on the waiver but at 16 teams if your looking for a lot you either had a bad draft or terrible injury fate which can happen to anybody any year. I guess I just find it more interesting and challenging because some people I may start would never sniff my lineup in a 10 team league

This is my first 16 team and I have to say I like it alot, i feel as of it comes down to two factors, a good solid draft and injury luck. In smaller leagues you can get way better week to week on the waiver but at 16 teams if your looking for a lot you either had a bad draft or terrible injury fate which can happen to anybody any year. I guess I just find it more interesting and challenging because some people I may start would never sniff my lineup in a 10 team league

Don't forget "legal issues".

Alright League 2, tell me if you've heard this before, I need a RB, who needs a WR???

Alright League 2, tell me if you've heard this before, I need a RB, who needs a WR???

You can have Doug Martin!!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im with you. The draft means more. Finding the diamond in the rough means more. And its a bit more like being a real GM. A guy goes down in the NFL, there are not stars waiting to be picked up. You have to make some moves and get lucky.

Truth, but we've had it pretty good in league 1.

i hope all six 8th place teams finish above .500

while i agree with the slight lack of activity, with $25 invested, everyone should be involved, it's different when it's a free league.
but when only a quarter of the league has a shot at playoffs, and some are eliminated mathematically very early, it's hard to get excited about not having a shot.

i fixed that in my league by paying out more spots and adding other prizes as well. of course, i had to up the fees, but i pay out for a lot of things.
seems to keep the action flowing.
i understand that i run a 14 man league, and THP runs a 96 person league, but just food for thought i suppose.

In an 8 team playoff, your team needs 3 good weeks to win, a mediocre team doesn't do that. Been playing in a league with my college buddies for over 10 years with an 8 team playoff, it keeps up the interest throughout the year.

you'd have to dink with the schedule too, so i'm not sure what's the best answer.
6 teams? 8 teams?

currently, you play everyone in your league minus 1 team at 14 weeks...which is about as fair as you can get with 16 teams. especially since you can't have your championship be Week #17.

idk.

you'd have to dink with the schedule too, so i'm not sure what's the best answer.
6 teams? 8 teams?

currently, you play everyone in your league minus 1 team at 14 weeks...which is about as fair as you can get with 16 teams. especially since you can't have your championship be Week #17.

idk.

Thankfully someone noticed.
The system is in place for a reason and while we change a few things every year (and will again this coming year), we will not be going to 8 team playoffs. And we wont be having any championship on week 17.

Count me in the 6 team playoff camp. I like the idea of rewarding teams that win their division with a bye in the first round

Thankfully someone noticed.
The system is in place for a reason and while we change a few things every year (and will again this coming year), we will not be going to 8 team playoffs. And we wont be having any championship on week 17.

although i've played, as well as ran a league for years now, this is my first THP fantasy year...so i figured there was a reason for what is in place and that it works well overall, behind the scenes. i've also made changes every year, some really huge. so there's always areas to improve upon.

there are many arguments for both sides, but it all comes down to who runs it and what can benefit the most people.
but in order to goto 8 spot playoffs, you'd have to lower the number of teams down from 16 and add additional leagues...which would be a big to-do i'm sure

I like the way things are set up and I learned a lot over last year to this year and have already got a new plan of attack for next year. Being not scared to accept a trade and trying to make one before things go down hill is huge, the more you try to improve your team the more fun it is.

6 teams? 8 teams?

THP leagues are a 4 or 6 team playoff? If it's 6 then I don't see how it would effect the schedule. Also, why would 8 playoff spots force you to reduce the number of teams from 16? Only difference would be no team would get a bye in round 1. Obviously nothing is changing. It was just a suggestion to keep more people interested longer.

4 in these thp leagues

I need to hold on for dear life! 4-5 is just about done

I need to hold on for dear life! 4-5 is just about done

Don't say that! I'm still holding out hope after getting to 3-6 this week that I can rattle off 6 straight and sneak into a playoff spot... You're making me feel a little delusional

Unless luck throws nothing but picks the rest of the night I'll be 4-5 and two in a row. Been a rough year of injuries at RB.

Up 19.5.gotta keep Wayne out of end zone

Back