Weird reasons you stopped playing a particular course.

I really enjoy walking courses as often as possible. One type of course I tend to avoid is the 'subdivision' course. Meaning, the kind of course that threads through subdivisions and sometimes has a quarter to a half a mile from the green to the next tee. Klein Creek here in Chicago is one that I try to steer clear of because walking the course means adding an extra mile or so onto the walk.

there is one course around here that won't pick up the phone because they want you to make a reservation on their website. I don't mind doing it online most of the time, but sometimes its not possible and their mobile site is painful to use.
there also is a course that will start people on 1 and 10 on weekends, and that always makes for 45 minutes turns, that sucks.

the worst thing is it's one of my favourite courses in the area so I only go late in the afternoon when I know there is nobody there and don't need a tee time.

Fox Hollow up here. I haven't played it but they have a golf dome that is poorly maintained and they charge you a fortune that you pay by the minute and the staff is awful.

Played Fox Hollow for the first time this year. The track isn't all that bad. But wear a helmet. Fairways are adjacent in many places. It attracts all kinds of golfers.Often had to wait on the tee for golfers to hit back into their fairway. Both sides. Balls were flying in all directions. The back nine is closer to the river and not so dangerous.

Yer right about the dome.

I didn't renew my membership from 2 years ago because the course was closed early on 3 different days due to light rain and no one on the course at 2pm. Total garbage dogtrack but for how much I played it ended up costing me $4 a round. Have spent more on green fees this year already then the cost of playing there. Kind of wish I had though, since my game improves a ton playing 5-8 rounds a week compared to 2-3, but I am stubborn.

Back