Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike,I can't give any input as I have no eye for what to look for.I leave it to the pros! I do know that the pro at Golf Galaxy did fit me with my driver which I hit pretty well(much better than I had) and this is where experience comes in.Shef is certainly qualified to help!

thanks for the advice guys! I think I am going to take jimmys advice and just work on getting my timing and smooth swing done and not over think. then if I still need improvement on the driver look at it next spring / summer. I think jimmy is right about the sim, I am over thinking.

only club I ever broke was an 8 iron the the range. I hit a ball and the club head broke half way down the hozzle. the head traveled about 20 yards.

Yeah,my last driver was a Cobra.........took a 3/4 swing to a narrow fairway and the head flew further than the ball!

I played about 5-6 times with my buddy and his cousin, who is in his early twenties. Of those times playing with him, he broke 3-4 clubs, all out of frustration. None of it was bad luck. I've broke 2 clubs in my lifetime, both when I was in my twenties. I have since mellowed :)

I put a pitching wedge up in a tree, but we don't need to discuss that. :)

Never broke a club though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never broken a club either. Lord knows I've wanted to!

Anyone getting out this weekend? Weather is looking somewhat promising. Might try and sneak out on Saturday depending on what time I get out of bed after working till 3am. Tough work weekend for me this weekend.

Anyone getting out this weekend? Weather is looking somewhat promising. Might try and sneak out on Saturday depending on what time I get out of bed after working till 3am. Tough work weekend for me this weekend.

Saturday is supposed to be really nice, unfortunately my weekend is booked. Gonna sneak out tomorrow though.

Saturday is supposed to be really nice, unfortunately my weekend is booked. Gonna sneak out tomorrow though.

Awesome. Tomorrow looks nice too just not as warm as Saturday. You going out to Arrow Head?

Awesome. Tomorrow looks nice too just not as warm as Saturday. You going out to Arrow Head?

Arrowhead closed for the season. Kinda surprised with the nice weekend. Gonna play Buffalo Tournament Club. If you're free, come on out.

Arrowhead closed for the season. Kinda surprised with the nice weekend. Gonna play Buffalo Tournament Club. If you're free, come on out.

I would love to, but unfortunately I'm working 16 tomorrow.

jimmy and i talked about chilli cc this saturday...hope the weather report holds. anyone else in for saturday?

I put a pitching wedge up in a tree, but we don't need to discuss that. :)

Never broke a club though.

I threw an iron up into a pine tree once. Luckily it slowly "plinkoed" it's way down. Thought I had gotten it stuck up there for sure.

Andy,I'm surprised also about Arrowhead but have fun at BTC. Sunday morn I'm going back to WillowBrook. Next week isn't looking too good but on Thurs. a high of 45 and sunny right now...........who knows what lies ahead!

I threw an iron up into a pine tree once. Luckily it slowly "plinkoed" it's way down. Thought I had gotten it stuck up there for sure.

I wasn't so lucky. Got stuck up the tree for a day.

Here's a story that'll only interest me. A few years ago I got angry after a bad 3 iron and kind of just "bumped" it off the back bumper of the golf cart. Well, it just so happened to "bump" the bumper right where the steel exhaust pipe was (that you can't see unless you're under the cart) bending the shaft of my club. It wasn't bent at a 90° angle, but it also definitely wasn't playable.

Three weeks later, I'm playing with a coworker and two of her friends. One of them locked his keys in his pickup truck after the round. Trying to figure out what to do, I noticed that his extended cab window was vented open on the passenger side. Using my bent 3 iron, I was able to put the club through the vented window, and drop it on the unlock button saving the day (ok, at least some time and aggravation). Without that 3 iron being bent, it never would've worked.

Here's a story that'll only interest me. A few years ago I got angry after a bad 3 iron and kind of just "bumped" it off the back bumper of the golf cart. Well, it just so happened to "bump" the bumper right where the steel exhaust pipe was (that you can't see unless you're under the cart) bending the shaft of my club. It wasn't bent at a 90° angle, but it also definitely wasn't playable.

Three weeks later, I'm playing with a coworker and two of her friends. One of them locked his keys in his pickup truck after the round. Trying to figure out what to do, I noticed that his extended cab window was vented open on the passenger side. Using my bent 3 iron, I was able to put the club through the vented window, and drop it on the unlock button saving the day (ok, at least some time and aggravation). Without that 3 iron being bent, it never would've worked.

It was an omen!! No body likes 3 irons anymore anyways :)

I wasn't so lucky. Got stuck up the tree for a day.

So you had to go back to the course the next day to see if it came down, too funny :)

Andy,I'm surprised also about Arrowhead but have fun at BTC. Sunday morn I'm going back to WillowBrook. Next week isn't looking too good but on Thurs. a high of 45 and sunny right now...........who knows what lies ahead!

Me too. Played there on Veteran's day and it was in nice shape and the weather has been good since. All the wind should have dried it out even more.
Playing BTC around Noon, figured that was too late for you.
I'd love to play Thursday but we go into the hospital early Friday morning so no-can-do.

Me too. Played there on Veteran's day and it was in nice shape and the weather has been good since. All the wind should have dried it out even more.
Playing BTC around Noon, figured that was too late for you.
I'd love to play Thursday but we go into the hospital early Friday morning so no-can-do.
You would take the delivery of your baby over a November round? Can't believe it's so close...............you've gotta be excited(just before the holidays).Hope she's feeling ok and get us some pictures when it happens!

Sedgefield Country Club today. Course is gorgeous.

zuje6udu.jpg

7y6uba2e.jpg

#14 on Sedgfield

paqupy8y.jpg

#18 a Par 5 that I managed to Par. Shot a 44 on the back for an 86 (42/44).

ajeje6yh.jpg

eru6age4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back