WGC Bridgestone Invitational [Spoilers]

So what's the over/under on how many questions it take before SW's comments are brought up during Tiger's interviews from Atlanta? I'm guessing 2.
Other than that, as a "Tiger Lover" as SOME chose to label us... it was basically what I expected. Some good and a lot of bad. While I will admit the Tiger fans need to be more realistic in our expectations for the rest of this year, I've yet to hear anything from the Tiger haters about Mickelson's and Gmac's performance... both who have played a lot more that 9 holes in the past few months.
As far as SW/AS and TW.... who cares people? SW is bitter bc after standing by TW though the past few months he was fired. TW is still lost in his game and probably wishes he still had SW on the bag and AS played his A@# off and is lost in all this childish drama. The horse is dead... move on.:deadhorse:

That's really not here nor there...or even a valid comparison. Mickelson and Gmac fans don't act like most (not all) Tiger fans and throw a fit whenever anything is said about them, nor does drama follow them wherever they go. Tiger gets "bashed" like he does by people most of the time because of the way a majority of his fans act like anything he does is ok. I know thats my biggest turn off to him, the he-man-Eldrick-lovers, its alot like Scooter Cameron for my.

Reactions: JB
I'll admit that I just skipped right to the end of this thread because I can't catch up on 61 pages for this one question.

I noticed that Jason Day was using a different putter this tournament. Did he make the switch this week, or was it done earlier? I thought he was doing really well with the other one, and he looked a little off today towards the end. Just wondering...

Congrats Adam Scott. I'm sure this will be the first of many wins with Stevie on your bag.

I'll admit that I just skipped right to the end of this thread because I can't catch up on 61 pages for this one question.

I noticed that Jason Day was using a different putter this tournament. Did he make the switch this week, or was it done earlier? I thought he was doing really well with the other one, and he looked a little off today towards the end. Just wondering...

I actually wondered the same thing aloud today JR, its got to be a REALLY recent switch, like maybe this week?

Great win by Scott. Watched the recording I made and I could tell early on it would be Scott V Ryo. Scott was a bit off early and he held it together. Ryo did as well, but he had to beat Scott by 2 and that wasn't happening today. Day was a bit disappointing. Was expecting a more focused round from him. Fowler had his chances early on and missed some makeable putts. Scott simply won this one outright. Donald played well enough to win if not for his overall putting. However you slice it, Scott flat out won.

On a side note, a bit disappointed in some of the more experienced participants out there. Jiminez, Mickleson, Clarke, Woods, Harrington, and others. C'mon guys. Firestone was not at its most difficult and yet none of them could step up? Seems the youth movement has made a profound statement both on the green and from the tee. Looking forward to the PGA!

Last edited:
And as to the SW v Tiger thing. Gotta understand SW has been around a lot longer than Tiger. If I was in SW's shoes I don't think I would have said anything different. SW had nothing left to prove to me. The guy has carried some pretty heavy bags. It's a shame this seems to detract from how well Scott played.

Media living vicariously through Tiger's ex-caddie? YUP.

Can you explain to me just how that makes me a poor loser? :confused2:

First off, I never called you or anyone else out by name, I made a general comment about the fact the Tiger lovers have to run to his aid every time they think something even remotely negative is said about him. If you go back and listen to SW's interview, you will never hear him say a word about Tiger. What he sayid was out of all of the wins he has been a part of this was the best week of his career. That comment caused the "tiger signal" to be sounded and all the Tigerites had to put down their koolaid and come charging to defend their heroes honor! Maybe, just maybe, SW was talking about how easy and stress free this week was compared to the last 12 years of his career, or maybe he felt he played more of a part in this win than any of the others...I mean a lot of people are giving him a lot of credit for the resurgence of AS.

The point is, it was the Tiger faithful that made it more about Tiger. I mean come on, he was nowhere near the lead pack and yet we saw almost his entire round and then saw it recapped at least twice. And for Bubba or anybody else to say he is really close is delusiona...I mean the guy hit 5 fairways all day! And this was at a course he knows like the back of a Perkins waitresses head.

My point is that the fans of Eldrick are the ones that made a huge deal about this, let's just let AS celebrate one of the biggest win of his career.

Just the watched the entire replay of the final round.....absolutely magical display by Adam Scott. Hit some absolute master strokes in the final stretch especially that 6 iron to the green on 18. Well deserved as he held it together for the entire tournament.

Like someone else pointed out a few pages back, a swing like that truly deserves the accolades and big tournament wins. I really hope Adam can go on and win a couple majors.

I actually wondered the same thing aloud today JR, its got to be a REALLY recent switch, like maybe this week?

I actually think he (Day) changed during the tournament, maybe Friday

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.748791,-84.620728
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skimmers everywhere. hehe
He switched before the event started back to his old Rossa Suzuka. It is what he putted with for a long time. By the sound of his feelings to the tour van guys, he may be headed right back to the Spider.

Great win for Stevie.

Great win for Stevie.

Sure was. I thought he was great in his interview. He was working for a self serving premadonna in Tiger. The guy's a caddie. He makes money when his golfer makes money and Tiger's made hardly any on the golf course in the last two years.

I won't even engage in jziers bs drama in this thread. I'm a Phil and Gmac fan, they both sucked this week. What else do you want to hear?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Sure was. I thought he was great in his interview. He was working for a self serving premadonna in Tiger. The guy's a caddie. He makes money when his golfer makes money and Tiger's made hardly any on the golf course in the last two years.

I won't even engage in jziers bs drama in this thread. I'm a Phil and Gmac fan, they both sucked this week. What else do you want to hear?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Well said bearded one. Go GMAC!

He switched before the event started back to his old Rossa Suzuka. It is what he putted with for a long time. By the sound of his feelings to the tour van guys, he may be headed right back to the Spider.

They showed footage of Day's first Nationwide Tour win a few years ago and he was actually using it at that time, ol faithful I guess you could say.

Great final day by Adam. He powered through and really looked cool coming down the stretch. It was nice to watch. I was rooting for Ryo to pick up one or 2 more, but it wasn't to be.

Martin Laird proving he has what it takes to be Scottish on the last day too! darnit.

Rickie left so many close puts out there. If he can just improve a little on putting his 13 under would be 17 under. Scott with his long wand has been awesome and it made all the difference in this tourny.

I was pretty pumped about Adam winning; I pretty much have had a man-crush on that dude for years. Good game, good swing, good style... and heck, he surfs alot too. Although, he did lose a few points when he switched to the broom, but the winning makes up for that.

Rickie left so many close puts out there. If he can just improve a little on putting his 13 under would be 17 under. Scott with his long wand has been awesome and it made all the difference in this tourny.

Yep, and that's what seperate the winners from the losers on the PGA tour.

I think using the old putter cost him the tournament.

LONG LIVE THE GHOST SPIDER !!!

I think using the old putter cost him the tournament.

LONG LIVE THE GHOST SPIDER !!!
JDay looked good with that Ghost Spider. I'm glad he's going back to it.

Smart move in my opinion. I don't think he looked as confident, and he definitely left too many strokes out there. The Ghost Spider will get him back up there, and after seeing AAC today, I think he has a great chance to win this thing.

Back