What are the Top 5 lost golf balls found on your course?

ChristopherKee

Reaction score
Was digging through my shag bag and hitting the yucks into the range and started looking at what I had accumulated and started seeing a trend.

This got me thinking, what are the top 5 lost balls people find at their course. For my home track, Brambleton GC in VA the list is as follows.

2017:

5. Titleist ProV1
4. Callaway Warebird
3. Callaway SuperSoft
2. Nike Mojo (how is this even still being purchased)
1. Pinnacle Distance

I'm sure this changes as you play on more expensive tracks, but for my course this is pretty accurate. I'm pretty sure all the Callaway SuperSofts are the same guy losing them since they are usually just off the fairway and in clear view. I'm guessing he tee's off just before me most of the time =)

1) ProV1
2) Chrome Soft
3) Warbird

I don't know about top 5 but Pro V1s are every where when I play.

Good thread, I dont find a ton of balls, but this is my best guess based on what I have found (usually in the heather)

1. Titleist ProV1
2. Titleist ProV1x
3. Bridgestone E6
4. Srixon Z Star
5. Bridgestone 330RX

1 - 4. Cheapest balls Walmart sells
5. Pro V1 / Pro V1x

Playing at a muni, I find mostly Bridgestone/Precept and Nike Surlyn balls, and sometimes, a ProV1.

Good thread, I dont find a ton of balls, but this is my best guess based on what I have found (usually in the heather)

1. Titleist ProV1
2. Titleist ProV1x
3. Bridgestone E6
4. Srixon Z Star
5. Bridgestone 330RX

Those are some nice balls you're finding! Makes me wonder if courses with better balls equal better players?

I don’t generally do a count but here is what I generally find

Pro V1
E6
Pro V1x
Velocity

The Costco Callaway super hot
Prov1
Bridgestone e6

Those are some nice balls you're finding! Makes me wonder if courses with better balls equal better players?

no, its crappy golfers that think expensive balls will help lol

Like I said I dont find a ton so its a really small sample.

Was digging through my shag bag and hitting the yucks into the range and started looking at what I had accumulated and started seeing a trend.

This got me thinking, what are the top 5 lost balls people find at their course. For my home track, Brambleton GC in VA the list is as follows.

2017:

5. Titleist ProV1
4. Callaway Warebird
3. Callaway SuperSoft
2. Nike Mojo (how is this even still being purchased)
1. Pinnacle Distance

I'm sure this changes as you play on more expensive tracks, but for my course this is pretty accurate. I'm pretty sure all the Callaway SuperSofts are the same guy losing them since they are usually just off the fairway and in clear view. I'm guessing he tee's off just before me most of the time =)

1) ProV1
2) Chrome Soft
3) Warbird

Are you two following me around? I played the Warbirds for a while and I know I donated a few to the woods and the water. I've never really paid attention to what golf balls I find on the course. I might have too next time I go out, but I also really haven't been picking up lost balls either. I might grab one here or there if I'm looking for my ball and come across them, but I generally just leave them in the cart for the cart barn guys or the next guy that happens to get my cart or if it's a really bad round so I don't keep losing golf balls I purchased.

1. Bridgestone e6
2. Srixon Soft Feel
3. Nike
4. Chrome Soft
5. ProV1 and 1X (the old guys hunt till they find them so not a lot there)

I take my nephews out ball hunting when the course is dead.....I filled two 5 gallon buckets and 90% are premium balls. ProV, ProVX, B330, TPX5.

The funny thing is there is someone at my club that marks their ball with 2 big N's and a green line. Whoever this is must lose 2 dozen every round.....its crazy how many we find. Ive been putting those in a separate bucket. Once I find out who it is I will return them. I am sure we will all have a good laugh.

The funny thing is there is someone at my club that marks their ball with 2 big N's and a green line. Whoever this is must lose 2 dozen every round.....its crazy how many we find. Ive been putting those in a separate bucket. Once I find out who it is I will return them. I am sure we will all have a good laugh.

It would be funnier if you jump ahead of him on the course and just dump them all in the middle of the fairway =)

I honestly have no idea at my course, but the places where you are likely to lose balls is OOB where you can't actually get to to try and retrieve them when you head down the fairway

A fair amount of Pro V1 and V1X, along with NXT Tours. Recently, I've seen more chrome soft and super softs. I never pick up other people's balls because people have a weird way of spitting on them all the time and that really grosses me out, so there are likely a lot of other brands too.

The majority of our club members are in the 40+ age range look for the ball they feel that best fits their game (distance-accuracy-spin-etc). The top five lost/found: Pro V1 - E 6 - Precept Laddie - Callaway Super Soft - Top Flight.

ProV1’s, Callaway chrome soft, Srixon. In that order.

1 - 4. Cheapest balls Walmart sells
5. Pro V1 / Pro V1x
Yep. Usually it's Nike Mojo, Pinnacle Rush(Clubhouse Special), Precept, Wilson

I find more Titleist than anything else. Various Callaway would probably be next and then it's a pretty equal smattering of any and everything. They don't even stock some brands (TaylorMade, Srixon) in the pro shop or there'd probably be more lost ones out there.

My local courses are going to have variants of Top Flites and Pinnacles as the top 5 balls. After that, there's a lot of recycled ProV1s and such. Those might make it in a shag bag if reachable, but not likely.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Multiple flavors of Pro Vs followed by a random buffet of different manufacturers and models. I do seem to find more Bridgestones than I used to.

I don't know who plays at those courses with all the ProV's, etc. being found, but at my course the crap balls outnumber Titleists by about a 10 to 1 margin:
Mojo
Top Flight
Slazenger
Pinnacle
Bomb

We find a lot of :
Pro V1----The number 1 lost ball in the world...:clapp:
Noodle
Top Flight Distance
Callaway Supersoft
Callaway Chromesoft

Mine from previous rounds