What are you building? (Club style)

Gotta swap the steel shaft in my Cleveland 11c putter for the All In shaft from my 10.5c, and put the steel in the 10.5c.
This is done. The difference in feel with the All In and the Gravity Grip in the 11c is fantastic. I believe I’m going to love this combo even more than I did the 10.5c similarly configured.

I just put together a 9i through 6i set. Went with the Maltby TS3 heads and FST 90 shafts. After the last several years with graphite iron shafts, I decided to try a lighter steel shaft just for grins. I'm also considering Cleveland CBX wedges for the 44° and 48° spots.

They are nice looking heads, IMO. The first new set of forged iron's I've ever had. The top line and the soles look thicker... seemed slightly more forgiving than some of their other offerings. I thought about ordering and building one for testing but figured these clubs are not going to make or break my game. I just wanted something new.

TS3Specs.png
MaltbyTS3.jpg

Today I finished up a 3 wood...Tour Edge Exotics CBX head on a HZDRUS Yellow XStiff shaft with a Saplize grip. Excited to try it out!

Today I finished up a 3 wood...Tour Edge Exotics CBX head on a HZDRUS Yellow XStiff shaft with a Saplize grip. Excited to try it out!
What is a Saplize grip?

Earlier this season I bought an Aldila Ascent 45 gram shaft in A flex for my driver. At the age of 78 I figured that I wasn't getting any longer and the 10 grams lighter certainly wouldn't hurt. I feel like it HAS helped me reclaimed some of my lost distance. So after yesterday's round where I used my GPS to measure the length of my fairway wood shots, I decided to go "all in" and install lighter shafts in my FW's as well. I've been assembling a collection of "pulls" in 45 gram A's to choose from, so today I headed for my basement workshop! I pulled my old 55 gram shafts, blew off the grips, and installed the lighter weight ones in the 7 and 9 wood heads. They are drying now, and hopefully this weekend I'll get some range time to see if I did my game some good. The only "next step" left is a Ladies flex.....thankfully, they make them in black!!

Apex Pro with UST Mamiya Recoil F3 95 shafts.
IMG_3229.jpeg

will be doing Ram FXT irons 5-gw with True Temper Dynamic Gold 95 shafts. Sonar grips, colorful ferrules.

First time building clubs so will probably tear it up.

Significantly cheaper, how do they compared to the real thing?
I've not used the real thing...I've been a Winn DriTac guy but I do really like the feel of the grips. I think there are a lot of reviews on Amazon as well as YouTube from people far more knowledgeable.

These actually look and feel impressive

1ed73a42-9d3c-4182-9586-9e9cc4d5554a (1).jpg885004e9-9e63-496c-98fd-7e2834db1922 (1).jpg36dd7c14-5d1f-4944-a3f2-04acd128c8ae (1).jpg

I need to pick a hybrid or iron shaft to build up my 2 utility head I have kicking around

will be doing Ram FXT irons 5-gw with True Temper Dynamic Gold 95 shafts. Sonar grips, colorful ferrules.

First time building clubs so will probably tear it up.

Good luck with your 1st build!

Looking forward to how those work out. Let me know if you have any questions.

Back