What are your favorite casual golf shoes?

That post

aka GolfOrElse
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Boycotting
I’m talking about shoes you can wear for a casual round of golf and also wear day to day for everything else.

I’m in the market. For perspective I enjoy simple designs like Olukai’s or True Linkswear for these types of shoes.

Bonus points if I could also use the shoe for the gym.

I have a couple pairs of Olukai’s and a pair of puma classics I use for my casual shoe needs currently but I wouldn’t golf in any of them.

I have a couple pairs of Olukai’s and a pair of puma classics I use for my casual shoe needs currently but I wouldn’t golf in any of them.
i knew it matthew perry GIF

1 Lows, I play in Crush Fusion sometimes and wear them all around town, couple pair of Eccos do double duty for me, .. I have a pair of Cuaters that I can definitely play in and wear mostly for everyday. Lemme see what model they are.

Air Max 90 fo sho.

I don't have "casual" golf shoes.
I have "range shoes", older Pro SL and Adidas tour 360 that aren't supportive enough any longer for walking rounds.
And I have playing shoes, 1 pair of last year's Puma ( forget the model ) and some newer Pro SL's, FJ Premiers and 2 pair of older Adipure Z
I like a shoe with good lateral support, and the casual, athletic tennis shoe types don't cut it.

True Linkwear. All models.

Yeah I wear FJ Teaching Professional black shoes all the time to work. Very comfortable but unfortunately I don't think FJ makes them anymore 😕

I want the Callaway Pacific SLs that were introduced in a thread earlier. Can’t get them on Callaway for some reason though so I’m holding off on getting some

I bought a pair of Ecco Biom hybrid 3’s this winter. They are so comfy I always want to wear them.

Air Max 90 fo sho.
I had a pair of the 90s golf shoes in Gray. I loved them for golf but not necessarily for everyday wear. A bit too stiff.

I’m talking about shoes you can wear for a casual round of golf and also wear day to day for everything else.

I’m in the market. For perspective I enjoy simple designs like Olukai’s or True Linkswear for these types of shoes.

Bonus points if I could also use the shoe for the gym.

I have three pair of Footjoy Flex that I wear on and off course, in any casual environment, gym included. Both for style and function, they work very well.

How do I collect my bonus points?

There is a reason they have different types of shoes. The laziness now days is crazy.

True Linkwear. All models.
It might be time for another pair of True’s. I’ve been looking at True Lux Sport but apparently they aren’t making them anymore and selling thru current stock and don’t have my size.

Last edited:
There is a reason they have different types of shoes. The laziness now days is crazy.
It’s not laziness, it’s efficiency, and as they say, if the shoe fits….

Cuater Wildcard. That's the model I couldn't think of. They're kind of boring, but the spikeless pattern is good and works surprisingly well for actual golf.

It might be time for another pair of True’s. I’ve been looking at True Lux Sport but apparently they aren’t making them anymore and selling thru current stock and don’t have my size.

I have two pairs of those and they are really good. They have been sending out emails about new models so you could be right about them phasing that model out..

An older pair of Callaway brown leather with white sole things. I think they were called something that conjured 'suave yet casual'. Wearing out now but great for the clubhouse and walk to town

Inexpensive. Very well built. Great support and traction. Tremendous value. And I love golfing in them in cooler, sloppy weather.

I ended up buying these True Lux Sports
046a1a4c-51a0-4729-a9d1-69030e6336f2.jpeg

They came back in stock somehow this weekend so I snagged him should be here this week

I'm not sure if I'm 100% on track with your wants here, but the Asics Kayano are a great option that can be work anywhere.

I'm not sure if I'm 100% on track with your wants here, but the Asics Kayano are a great option that can be work anywhere.
Basically, I’m always looking for multifunctional shoes. Some thing I can wear on the course or sim something I can wear to work something I can wear maybe to the gym on light days.

I think the Lux Sport I bought this weekend can fit that bill. I’ll probably buy Jordan 1 lows next bc I love the look.

I had a pair of the 90s golf shoes in Gray. I loved them for golf but not necessarily for everyday wear. A bit too stiff.
Interesting, I would have recommended the same, along with 1s. Pegasus maybe? Noticing a theme?

Back