What are your wedges of choice?

Right now the ones in my signature. SM9s and an S23. The vokeys soon to be replaced by mizuno T24s

Man, my wedge swing has been very off at times this year. So, of course, I've blamed the clubs. No idea how many wedges I've been through already, but I'm on my third brand, a couple of models within two of 'em.

Currently playing (only 4 rounds with GW/SW) Mizuno S23. LW will see its first play this week.

Callaway Jaws Raw, 54°S and 58°J Full Toe.

Mixed bag right now waiting on whatever Callaway does likely in the winter time I’d guess. In the market presently would be the new Ping release

Currently have the Cobra Snakebite & Snakebite X in the bag and don't foresee any changes in the near future. I love them

CBX4 48*, 54*, and 60*.

Vokey because I’m too stubborn and like the mushy thud.

Currently have the Cobra Snakebite & Snakebite X in the bag and don't foresee any changes in the near future. I love them
What's the difference between the snakebite and the "X"?

Last 2 seasons were zipcores. Switched to sm10’s this year. Will also pick up a set of Wilson ZM wedges later in the year as well.

Corey Paul wedge heads with BGT ZNE shafts.

What's the difference between the snakebite and the "X"?
The Snakebite is your more traditional blade type wedge and the X is a more forgiving cavity back style

1713833351346.png

1713833384092.png

I have a Cleveland CBX Zipcore 46*, and CBX2's in 50*, 54*, 58*. I have played Cleveland just about all the time I have played golf. I use to play Cleveland 900's. And now, I have a Cleveland putter...

Artisan. What else.

Three hour fitting to fit everything to you.

My pecking order:

1.Artisan
2. Tie: Ping or Mizuno

I like blades.

Artisan 55 Sole Grind.jpg
Artisan 59 Address.jpg

Of course, they've developed a patina after three years.

Last edited:
Well, as a follow-up, I'm really diggin' the S23 GW and SW (50° & 54°) through now, 11 rounds. So darned easy to play, forgiving, and accurate.

But, at least for now, the 58° must give way to my 60° Glide 4.0 Eye2. Although I prefer the S23 for all shots other than the sand, it's not by enough. The Eye2 handles all shots well enough, but it's absolutely extraordinary (for me) out of greenside bunkers.

Jaws raw 50, 56, 60

I want to get a 60 in the C grind to try out.

Currently playing SM10s…I really love the T grind on the 60. Just sits nice and flush to the ground. Been playing around with Mizunos and the feel is really nice too!

I finally settled in on CBX Zips in 54 & 58 and a 64* Cleveland Smart Sole lob. Picking up the lob let me keep the 58* Zip in the bag for more forgiveness gouging out of the really thick rough on the course I most frequent, because without having to open the 58 much I dont need a blade wedge in that slot.

I’ve been playing Clevelands for the last decade. I haven’t really tried anything else as I love the shape and turf/sand interaction of the soles. I replace at least one of them each year as needed as the grooves wear down.

IMG_0619.jpeg

Recently picked up a Vokey SM10 60M and like it a lot. So much I'm doing a local Titleist wedge fitting session next week to add one or two others. Historically were Ping (still have an Eye2 grind that I like) and set gap wedge. Never did get along with Taylormade or Callaway for whatever reason. ymmv.

Was fortunate enough to be chosen for the Vokey 2024 experience. my wedge fitting experience was very good, the data, and the shaft configurations that I was able to try were impressive.

I was playing SM9, fit into SM10’s with Modus shafts. I’ve only had these in the bag for a little over a week, but the feel and the distance control is very impressive. I am able to flight these different trajectories pretty easily. Still want to get in a lot of wraps, but these are impressive clubs.

I can’t recommend getting a wedge fitting enough. Hope you found some great clubs at work for you.

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 54 and 58. I've just put these in play the last couple of weeks and so far I really like them.

Cleveland SS 50* and W/S HT 56/60 currently in the bag. Have 54/58 raw SB Cobras on standby. Highly considering a SS FF 58/64 both bent 2* strong or new CBX 54/58.

low end of the bag now filled out. The 54 is bent 1* weak making it essentially a 55.13D.

vokeys - 1.jpeg

Last edited:
Maltby TSW. Feel is addictive.

Back