What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really is a such a great ball. I hit some at the outing and loved them. Very crisp.
Last round I used the Bridgestone B330-RXS. It was pretty solid all around, felt great off the tee.

I am going to try a new ball this weekend, but I don't know which one I am going to get. Any suggestions?

I have to have feel around the green, so it has to be something with a decent cover.
I don't have tremendous swing speed, but my driver SS is over 100.

I have been using Srixon almost exclusively over the past few months and I love them, but I want to try something new.

A Pro V1X I found in the range ball bucket (!). Even managed to play the entire round with it, but it was a little beat up when I found it and even more so now. But pretty nice ball. :good:

I really want to try that B330-RXS. Will have to do that soon...

Well my e-6 experiment failed horribly. I just could not get a feel for the ball, sometimes it would feel good and then it just feel like I was hitting a marshmellow with a sledgehammer throughout the bag. Ended up donating them to a co-worker who is getting into the addiction...I mean game.

I went back to my notes and saw that I was also fitted to the Wilson Staff C:25 so I'll be playing it this afternoon and tomorrow.

I figure you got to try the RX series because of the outing. I think I remember you tried the Penta, if not give that bad boy a shot.

I also really think Wilson Tx4 (if you can find them) or the Nike One Tours might be fun. Both should be had pretty cheap now. I'm kinda just throwing stuff out there lol. The Tx4 is a firm soft. Hard to describe but I loved it. The One Tour to me is just a fantastic ball.

Or you also thnking a non urethane cover? Wilson Zips!!!! Lol.

I figure you got to try the RX series because of the outing. I think I remember you tried the Penta, if not give that bad boy a shot.

I also really think Wilson Tx4 (if you can find them) or the Nike One Tours might be fun. Both should be had pretty cheap now. I'm kinda just throwing stuff out there lol. The Tx4 is a firm soft. Hard to describe but I loved it. The One Tour to me is just a fantastic ball.

Or you also thnking a non urethane cover? Wilson Zips!!!! Lol.

I will probably try the penta's again next time I can get my hands on some.
I will also give the nike balls a stab.

Taylor Made TP Black yesterday. Good ball. More spin than the B330RXS or Z Star I have been playing with lately. Checks up nicely on the greens and stopped on a dime (and even backed up a little more than a few times for me, which never happens) with approach shots - and the greens were not exactly soft - no rain around here for weeks. I was very happy with them.

However, I did have trouble following it in the sky, especially on tee shots. I think my eyes have gotten too used to following a nice Z Star Yellow, lol.

I am going to try a new ball this weekend, but I don't know which one I am going to get. Any suggestions?

I have to have feel around the green, so it has to be something with a decent cover.
I don't have tremendous swing speed, but my driver SS is over 100.

I have been using Srixon almost exclusively over the past few months and I love them, but I want to try something new.

Seth, how about the e5? It's a great ball, has a soft cover, and should stand up to your swing speed.

refurbished Pro V1x from RockBottomGolf, and they were great.

been switching from TP Black and Yellow Z Star. still really liking both balls. was able to find a 2nd hand box of TM balls mixed in were a few TP Reds. they were nice also. too bad you don't see them as often as the TP Blacks.

This is true.... OR

Spoiler
CHROMAX

Seth, how about the e5? It's a great ball, has a soft cover, and should stand up to your swing speed.

Seth already hits the ball too far. If you gave him a Chromie, he would surely outdrive every hole. Those babies are looooong!

They are! And great around the greens once you get used to them. Haha. I need to buy some more.

nxt tours today... it surprised me that it got scuffed so easily and i wasnt in the sand or anything all day

haha, thanks guys. I am going to grab a few rounds this weekend and I think I will go with Penta for a dozen.

I played the Titleist TEST ball. I actually really liked the ball. It spun more on the greens than TP RED I have been playing and held up better than Prov1x. I just hate paying Prov1x prices. I bought 10 dozen of TP Red when they were $20 a dozen and will be using those until I'm out. I really would like to find great prices on B-330s.

nxt tours today... it surprised me that it got scuffed so easily and i wasnt in the sand or anything all day

same problem I had with those balls man!

This past weekend - Callaway HX Bite - I don't have a problem with length as I hit the ball long but tend to scuff balls alot and need more feel around the green. Found these locally for $22 a dozen (if you bought 2 dozen) so I gave them a try. Very nice around the greens and the length held up to some others I have played since I picked the sticks up again. I just can't make myself pay $45 for ProV1 yet and may never. Still need to check out the Bridgestones and may do that over the next couple of weeks. Need to do the fitting with them first to make sure I pick the correct ball. My home course is closed for 1st round of Q School qualifying this week so it will be nice to get back out over the weekend.

This past weekend - Callaway HX Bite - I don't have a problem with length as I hit the ball long but tend to scuff balls alot and need more feel around the green. Found these locally for $22 a dozen (if you bought 2 dozen) so I gave them a try. Very nice around the greens and the length held up to some others I have played since I picked the sticks up again. I just can't make myself pay $45 for ProV1 yet and may never. Still need to check out the Bridgestones and may do that over the next couple of weeks. Need to do the fitting with them first to make sure I pick the correct ball. My home course is closed for 1st round of Q School qualifying this week so it will be nice to get back out over the weekend.

Have you tried the Bridgestone B-330S or the Srixon ZStarX? I like both of those much better than the Pro V1, but then again I have an irrational disdain for the Pro V1.

I used the Srixon yellow Z-star today..... wow! Slamming these things...... Killed one around 240..... (normally only around 200) and a couple around 220. Man I was bombing these. I also sucked a couple of wedge shots back a couple feet.... This ball was pretty nice.

Glad to hear it worked well for you, Clay. I love the yellow in the fall.

Shot my career low round of 73 on a par 70 earlier this week with the TM Penta TP. I just love this ball around the greens. I got up and down 6 out of 8 holes! 3 of those ups were tricky flops over bunkers to tight pin placements. I chipped within 3 feet for 4 of those 6 ups. I really like the new B330 I have been testing, but it will be tough to knock the Penta off the throne.

shot my career low round of 73 on a par 70 earlier this week with the tm penta tp. I just love this ball around the greens. I got up and down 6 out of 8 holes! 3 of those ups were tricky flops over bunkers to tight pin placements. I chipped within 3 feet for 4 of those 6 ups. I really like the new b330 i have been testing, but it will be tough to knock the penta off the throne.

great round!!!!

Shot my career low round of 73 on a par 70 earlier this week with the TM Penta TP. I just love this ball around the greens. I got up and down 6 out of 8 holes! 3 of those ups were tricky flops over bunkers to tight pin placements. I chipped within 3 feet for 4 of those 6 ups. I really like the new B330 I have been testing, but it will be tough to knock the Penta off the throne.

Fantastic Sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back