What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally play the Bridgestone B330 Rx. Bought a dozen of the Titleist Velocity and can hit them a mile. Still pretty good around the greens.

I played an RXS today and an e6 for the final few holes.

I didn't think the distance was the best with with the RXS but I bet that is just my messed up swing ATM. I did really like how it reacted around the greens. The course I played had some firm and fast greens which is why I gamed the RXS over the RX. The ball held well and the check from those 50 yard pitch shots was phenomenal.

I played the Top Flite Gamer V2. Such a good freaking ball. Definitely going to be my gamer from now on due to price. Sweet.

Tried the Bridgestone e6 today and absolutely loved it! Will be keeping these in my bag for quite some time!

Try Walmart, if you are near one. The one here in my town has them for $19 a dozen. Very hard to beat, at that price.

I'll definitely look there then. I know my local (somewhat) Dick's doesn't have them. I hope Wal Mart does.

Penta TP - really like this ball. Great distance - good stopping power. Didn't play as well as it could have yesterday. The ball does not grip well when greens are wet and tends to run so I kept dropping the ball next to the flag and having 20' putts. By the time I started compensating the greens were drying out and the ball was sticking better. My old TP Blacks stuck better off wedges, so next week its TP Black and TP3's.

Played the front 9 with the Q-star... bummed because I didn't much care for it.

Played the 10th with an e6 and remembered how much I don't care for it.

Played the rest of the round with a Z-star and remembered why I love it so much! Though it did backspin on me a good amount... Ballooned off the driver. I recently found out that I am playing a driver that is not right for me (10.5 rather than a 9 or 9.5). Can the driver really be the cause of the ballooning/backspin? My SS is 100 mph but I launch the ball high and generate tons of backspin...

Hell yeah. Now I need to find a place by me that sells them.

Best deals are on eBay. I haven't looked for awhile but 90 balls were going for $56ish.

prov1x and a srixon soft feel
the prov was by far the better ball all the way around

RX.

Love my RX. Need to grab some e6's for nostalgia though.

Last years TM Penta in place of the E-6. The e-6 wasn't stopping on approach shots they way I want. The Penta does, so for now I need a higher spin ball. May look into the rxs bridgestones.

Last edited:
Yeller Q-Star. Played them yesterday (only lost one) and today (almost lost one but it was barely in the water. I'll have a better idea of the spin and durability later in the week but so far so good.

Yes! I usually get my TourD's from golfballsdirect.com. They sell used balls and you can get them for about $8 a dozen.

Does anyone else miss the Nike One Tour or Black? I used to love that ball an last I saw them was last year when the One Tour was two dozen for $30

Tapa Slice

Hex Chrome for 18. Solid ball..

Callaway HEX Chrome and i am in love it was a free sleeve i got at a local golf shop i will be buying a dozen before my next round, shot 89

Played some Pro-V1's and I have to say I like my Penta's much better

Local Pro Shop had a bunch of "Titleist Pro V-1" Golf Balls, brand new but were the Practice ones that were said to have different colors or little in-fragments on them. They were 35$ but i got them for 25 bucks so i couldn't say no that that..

I just finished looking threw the whole package and everyball was pretty darn mint i only had 1 that had a little bump on it. But it was still totally useable so i will see how they are hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday and tell you how i like them compared to the Taylormade or Vision Golf Balls, I;ve never really used many Titeist's

On a side note: I used the Callaway Hex Ball, and it was one of the best balls i have driven with.. Like the Hex's went a mile and straight. This is the second time using one but i will give it another go aswell. I just was not a huge fan with it around the greens and short shots but i will give it a second chance only because the driver was so long with it.

my buddy gave me a few of this year's pro V1's to try out this past weekend when we played.

WOW! Is all I can say. It didnt seem like the longest ball Ive ever hit, but it was extremely responsive on the greens. Im not much of a spin guy, but had one back up 8 feet on the next to last hole. And had a few others check up, which Im not used to, so needless to say I had some longer putts to attempt than normal. Bt all in all a very solid ball

I used Noodle's; I've tried quite a few different balls out there, but these one's always perform the best for me.

I've been using Callaway Hex Black the past few rounds. I got a dozen as a tee gift at a tournament. I'm really liking this ball. Distance off the tee seems better than average. Not quite as spinny as the original Penta which has been my favorite. I'll probably game these for awhile.

Used Nike's 20XI-X for the last two rounds. I like it, but at the moment I think my preference is the 20XI-S.

Still undecided between the Nike's and Z-Stars as to which is my favorite.

You guys make me wanna try the old Nike Tours....

Used a Bridgestone B330 RX (first time using any Bridgestone product) my last round and have to say I was incredibly impressed. Normally have always been a "Titleist guy", but I'll be making that switch for the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back