What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Penta TP5 yesterday. I didn't care so much for it the first time around was yesterday was solid. I spun balls back on almost every approach from100 yards and in, ball flies straight off the tee, just seem to miss some distance.

Tried out the Bridgestone xfixx ball for an 18 today. Very nice around the greens but I was getting too much height on all of my drives and losing a lot of distance compared to the q-stars I was gaing the previous few rounds. Was really hoping this ball performed better due to the price point so I could play it at my usual course were I may lose 1-2 balls per round and the harder out of town courses were I might lose a half dozen a round without being too hard on the pocket book.
i played the fixx and it was terrible... i dont know if it was old or water logged but i think i popped the core... even with a flush shot it wobbled less than 100yrds
id love to hit a brand new one to see how it would play

today i played a prov1 and it was solid

Maxfli C3 Gold yesterday during my scramble. Such a great ball. I only have one left from the dozen I found at DSG a year ago.

i played the Bridgestone e6 today for the first time. i was very happy with how straight it was off my irons and with my driver. i play a fade off the tee and my misses are BIG slice which didnt happen at all today. i was happy with the action around the greens and my approaches (lots of one hop and spin back shots). i was also happy with how durable the cover is and how it feels off the putter. i would really like to see how this ball performs during dryer conditions because there was a storm here last night so it was real wet out and i didnt get much, if any, roll off the tee. i will for sure be playing this again and i think this ball may be putting up a good fight against the q star

Still playing the TM Penta TP. I'm trying my hardest to get rid of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still playing the TM Penta TP. I'm trying my hardest to get rid of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
you should let me hit them off the tee. thatll help

cally warbird plus... lost 3 of these babies

Q-Star Yellow started with 3, ended up with the same 3 :)

Bridgestone 330 RXS. I'm a huge fan of this ball for my game, it does everything I ask of it.

TP5 and TP Black. TP5's I like. They are softer than the Penta TP's. Very controllable coming into greens.

TP Blacks are and old favorite and they are much like the TP5's except they don't release as much. Take some getting used to after playing other balls.

Played a Nike PD Soft and it worked well for me, was kinda surprised with its performance.

Played another Bridgestone B-330RX today, started and finished with the same ball. I really like this ball, it does very well off the tee and I do alright with it around the greens.

Normally I play the Callaway Hex Black but today tried a Bridgestone B330-S. It wasn't too bad. Certainly playable for me until I hooked it into the water on the 9th hole.

Last edited:
I've tested the following balls for the past month.

Pinnacle Gold
Bridgestone e6
Bridgestone B330 rxs
Bridgestone Tour B330

Given I just started back this year after many years of layoff. I started off with the Pinnacle Gold to save money on lost balls while trying to dial down my swing. The Pinnacle Gold carries long but ball feels odd at impact. Relatively accurate on the approach shots.

The Bridgestone e6 was recommended by the Bridgestone online fitting guide and by the online chat rep. The e6 felt hard on impact and had good carry. I didn't like the harsh feel and sound at impact. The rep suggestion was not the right choice for me.

Anyway I decided to go a bit further with Bridgestone and spend a little more $$$$. Up next I purchased a sleeve of b330 rxs. This ball had a great feel and good carry but too much of fade on my hits.

I then proceed to get fitted for new irons by a custom fitter. He ran the numbers while making my swings. I tend to naturally generate high spin rates with my irons and realize needed a lower spin ball. Also my SS 110ish. After this fitting I went out and bought the Bridgestone B330 Tour. Took these babies on the course today and wow these are great balls. The softness, the feel, the spin, the distance....The ball either sat or spun back on landing for me. Nailed a 5i 195 shot with a minimal bounce of 6". My approach shots were dead on along with the added confidence I've felt when striking these beauties. Chipping and pitching were soft with a smooth feel. Putting was again, soft with my Ping Scottsdale Senita. Having this B330 Tour balls was one less thing to think about on the course. I think I've found the ball that works for me.

If you get fitted for some new clubs, gather the numbers and discuss with your fitter about ball type.

I played a Dixon wind. Someone was asking about recycling golf balls and I saw these for $15 bucks at golftown. I was shocked they wont last much longer than a full round but the performance was a great match for me no distance lost and played well on approch shots and around the green. I'm found a new ball and one of the cheapest ones available.

I recently had a few Slazenger Extremes given to me and they honestly worked better than I expected. They feel like rocks but they actually spin pretty decent.

Hex Black and HX Diablo Tour. Both good balls.

Used the Hex and practice Titelist Pro V's Friday and Saturday both great balls! But i still prefer the Taylormade Burners TP

Also used the Vision X3's and I think they were unreal!

Innovex V-Motion Tour

For anyone who likes the Penta but would like to save a few bucks, I whole-heartedly recommend this ball. Not exactly cheap but $33 on Amazon is cheaper than the premium balls today. I compare it to the Penta because that's the ball I played prior (2011 version). The V-Motion is longer and straighter for me but with much the same feel and spin. Fantastic ball for my game.

Played today with a 1 HC player and tossed him one to play with. His usual ball is the Srixon Z-Star, great ball. He was very impressed. Although I said I'd give them to him, he insisted on paying for a sleeve to play more thoroughly. So far two buddies and a random stranger may possibly switch. Considering its performance, I'm amazed practically nobody's heard of them.

Hex Black and HX Diablo Tour. Both good balls.

Love the HX Diablo Tour my friend. What a great ball for a great price.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Love the HX Diablo Tour my friend. What a great ball for a great price.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
I have a crapload of them. Lostgolfballs.com, haha

Innovex V-Motion Tour

For anyone who likes the Penta but would like to save a few bucks, I whole-heartedly recommend this ball. Not exactly cheap but $33 on Amazon is cheaper than the premium balls today. I compare it to the Penta because that's the ball I played prior (2011 version). The V-Motion is longer and straighter for me but with much the same feel and spin. Fantastic ball for my game.

Played today with a 1 HC player and tossed him one to play with. His usual ball is the Srixon Z-Star, great ball. He was very impressed. Although I said I'd give them to him, he insisted on paying for a sleeve to play more thoroughly. So far two buddies and a random stranger may possibly switch. Considering its performance, I'm amazed practically nobody's heard of them.

I was waiting to hear your comments about this ball. I don't think you can get them up here in stores.

I was waiting to hear your comments about this ball. I don't think you can get them up here in stores.

Same here, I haven't seen them in a store yet. I order them from Amazon.com or Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back