What club do you chip with around the green?

Bzainthemd

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been experimenting to try to get my chipping better. I've gone everywhere from an 8 iron to a 58 degree wedge. I'm trying to be more consistent with fewer short hits. I had been using my 52 degree. What do you use and why? Thanks.

54 it is easy to get it to land where I want it to and rolls as far as I need it to.

I use my 54* 90% of the time

It totally depends on the shot. I'll use anything from my 7 iron if I want a lot of roll to my 52 degree if I don't.

More often than not I use my 58* as I find it versatile enough to hit low, spinning shots, runners, flop shots etc etc. For shots with alot of green between me and the hole I use a PW and run it most of the way.

As already mentioned, it depends on a few things - how far the shot is, whether it is uphill / downhill, how flat the ground is and whether or not there is anything between me and the hole that I need to carry

So it could be anything from a 7i to my 64* wedge

It depends upon the shot. Depending upon how much I need the ball to fly and hot much rollout I want, I may use anything from a 7-iron to a gap wedge. I may even use my hybrid if Im in the greenside rough because I like how the sole of the hybrid slides through the grass, instead of cutting through it and doing weird things like an iron can.

I always use my 60 regardless of lie, etc. When I first started golfing, all I had was a 60, so I just learned how to hit every kind of shot with it. It's by far the best part of my game, and I think only using one club has helped.

Depends on how my lie is & how much green I have to work with... either my 51, 56, or 60.

Situation dependent but it's the 54* the vast majority of the time.

Here's a good video that I watched the other day that helped me understand chipping a little better.

Can be anything from 7i to 64*, but I'd say 95% shots close to the green are either 56* or 8i. I always found it easier to use fewer clubs and know what's going to happen.

depends on the grass, usually my 58 if its thick, otherwise I'll roll a 54 on there or perhaps use the putter

56* almost all the time, sometimes ill use a 52* or 60*, but I'm money with the 56* sand wedge.

Anything from a 9i to 54*, depending on situation.

58 is my usual club. I'll use anything from a 6 iron on up for "special" situations, but the 58 is my go-to.

Snap hooked from my Galaxy S3

8i to 54* depending on the lie, carry distance and total distance.

I use the 60º for the majority of the shots, any others are the 56º. I learned by using one club a variety of ways rather than using a variety of clubs. Not everyone agrees with that method but it really comes down to what is comfortable and successful for the individual.

I usually use either my 49, 53, or 57. Most times its the 57.

I usually choose between the 53 and 57. It just depends if I want loft or roll

My greens are very inconsistent and in bad shape, so I almost always chip/pitch with my 64° wedge. Lets me carry it to the hole and not worry about stupid bounces/different speed greens.

Almost always my 58. I don't have a lot of practice time, so I use just one club and practice with it as much as I can. My instructor tried to get me to use everything from the 7i through 58, but to be good you need lots of practice.

I am getting better with my short game by just using the one club. Before I would try to use different clubs depending on the shot, but found I was more inconsistent that way.

I use my 56* for all shots around the green. I guess it is because I am more comfortable using it. More versatile. I haven't practiced much with other clubs and when I try to use others around the greens it shows. Every once in a while I have sucess with a hybrib, but only if I am a few feet off. Moral of the story is, I need to practice a lot more!!

60 is my go to club. Probably the best club I hit in the bag

Back