what courses does the average "hackers paradise" golfer play?

topspark

Reaction score
Handicap
me
Just a question on the type of course the average "hackers paradise" member would play?
Links, treed, desert?????
Also, are the members of this forum private golf course players or public courses?

Public course. Prairie links style.

Tee lined mostly with a little links style sprinkled in.

Mostly tree lined but been known to play Links style

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

here in orlando the courses tend to have generous fairways, but lined with water. lots of water. some courses are cut into marshy swamp-like land, some have trees. but very few courses are what i would consider "tight," and there elevation changes are pretty much nonexistent. so the big defense you'll see around here is water, and green complexes. some courses have huge greens, others tiny postage stamps, and some have "normal" size greens but with stupid undulation.

Public course, links style with quick, Bermuda greens.

Public course that is tree lined.

Public courses, open/tree lined course. Play 2 courses that have LOTs of water. I am up for trying any course though.

Public. GolfNow/TeeOff

I know which courses I want to play and don't want to play.

Starting to get the itch to play more elevation courses instead of flat tracks.

Primarily public and military courses for me. Kind of a mix of course styles here in Hawaii.

Don't play in one particular place as I've not quite gotten the itch to just join somewhere so with that being said- Public to Semi-Private- trees or open.

Public courses, mostly desert style.

%75 private, %25 public

Tree lined--in some cases you might call them parkland

Also lots of water, bunkers, and marshy swamp areas present hazards.

Greens often pretty well protected.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Public and tree lined for the most part because that is number one style of course in US, but I love a good links course now and then.

My home course is public and is pretty wide open. The other course I split time at is also public but much more wooded with a little elevation change.

Member of a private club that you could call tree-lined so I play there mostly. Last year was a member of a military/public club that had two courses one tree-lined and one half tree-lined/half links.

Public course here.

Not really sure how I would classify it other than not links and not desert.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Goat ranch. That is a course design style, right?

Private and tree lined. An awful lot of position golf.

Public and mountain courses that are tree lined.

Public and desert, with lots of houses left and right.

We have one "municipal" type course in vegas with parallel fairways and trees between each. It's fun and quite good.

Public almost exclusively. I guess you could call the course on base "private", but I've only played there twice since I've been here. Mostly tree-lined, but a couple have some linksy elements to them.

Private...links style.
Then wherever when i go to vistit friends

Semi-private / public, tree lined. Fairly generous fairways but OB on virtually both sides on every hole.

I primarily play a private, tree-lined course. I tend to really like links-style courses though.

Back