What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good round partner! The weather was gorgeous in Georgia today and I bet you had shorts on huh? :D

PB's are always smile makers :D. Great job Ndfan301 :clapp:.

I shot 43 + 46 = 89 today and won a few bucks. We did not play our normal blitz type game. We played where you had to put total scores down for every hole without the equitable stroke bologna. If you had a 12 you wrote it down. Once the total scores were added up, you deducted your handicap for the net score. With my handicap being a 19 these days I shot a net 70 which put me in 2nd place and in the money. :bananadance:

Nice going buddy, proud of you $$$$

I was the damn king of knockdowns today, it was a blast. Love that shot.

Struggled mightily off the tee but its not the driver itself, its all on the swinger right now. Not good.

Even hit two rope-hook-me-Jesus shots....JB would have been proud of them.

Haha nice, I was inadvertently hitting rope hook me Jesus shots with the X Hot driver on the launch monitor at the golf shop today!

Shot 90 today, new lowest round!! 47 on front nine and 43 on back nine.

74 today from the tips. par 70. 38/36
Only 6000yd links style public course. 69.2 rating/ 121 slope.
I was hitting the best I have all winter and the putting didn't fail me once!
So much satisfaction walking off the course having used only one ProV1 all day!

74 today from the tips. par 70. 38/36
Only 6000yd links style public course. 69.2 rating/ 121 slope.
I was hitting the best I have all winter and the putting didn't fail me once!
So much satisfaction walking off the course having used only one ProV1 all day!

Congrats on the awesome round

Not a great round today really. Hit 11 out of 12 FIR. 2 out of 2 were with the TM RBZ 3H, the others were all with the new TM Stage 2 3W. That stat doesnt tell the true story though. Two of the tee shots were hit so heavy that they flew about 100 yards up and only 40 yards forward! Still at least by the final 4 holes i really had that club under control and hit the middle of the fairway pretty much. Was hitting it about 220/230 which wasnt bad given how muddy the course is and how much surface water there is.
Short game cost me 9 or 10 strokes in all, mainly duffed chips where I only moved the ball about 1 foot, that is the part of my game that I am trying to work hard on, it is easy off a mat but not off the grass. Once the weather is properly dry here I can get to work off grass, at the moment it is only mats though for practice.
After the first hole I thought it was going to be a great day, took the 3H off the tee, found the fairway. Hit an AW into the heart of the green and rolled in the birdie putt from 25 ft.
Hey ho, 16 over today, handicap had come down to 15.6 before so am up to 15.7 now and know I need to focus on short game.

Got a crazy deal on GolfNow to play a 9 hole executive course for $5. Its a short par 31 and I shot a 36 w/ 16 putts. Really went to work on my short irons and wedges and came away with a solid round. Left the driver in my car. Hit my 2 hybrid once off the tee and my 3W once as well. Dont think I hit anything more than an 8i all day.

Tapping away on my S3

Last edited:
Got a crazy deal on GolfNow to play a 9 hole executive course for $5. Its a short par 31 and I shot a 36 w/ 36 putts. Really went to work on my short irons and wedges and came away with a solid round. Left the driver in my car. Hit my 2 hybrid once off the tee and my 3W once as well. Dont think I hit anything more than an 8i all day.

Tapping away on my S3
A 36 w/ 36 putts? Intrigued.

Mediocre round for me due to conditions, new course, and personal stupidity.....

My home course was closed due to conditions (lots of rain the last few days) so I picked a course I'd been wanting to play, called them and away I went. Took my standard bag which bit me a bit (more on that later) and a box of Bridgestone balls and headed out.

GIR'd the first hole (par 3), greens were soaking wet and required me to pick up my ball, repair the divot, and replace the ball becuase they dropped and sat 1/2 buried. Oh well, tough putting but so be it. The next few par 4's I was lacking on my driving by a good 20-30 yards and wasn't sure what was going on, very humid but warm and didn't think that would be the cause, on and on and on, water ball, OOB, OOB, yada yada hacked my way through the course without a single GIR except all the par 3's (couldn't get a clean strike on the ball it was so wet so unless I was on the tee everything was coming up 10-15 yards short of what I needed).

Anyway, last hole, 440 yard par 4 that I KNOW I have no chance of GIR with my current 220 yard drives that I can't figure out I glance at my driver. I'd taken it apart last night to clean along with my other adjustable clubs. Well geez genius, had you set it back to where it's supposed to be the ball "might" get up in the air and actually fly like it's supposed to..... Quick adjustment, tee up, crunch, 263 down the fairway (granted it was downhill, probably a standard 245-250 on flat ground), the #10 fairway#@$#%!$%!@#$.... Got a bit too much draw on that one. Going to pitch it back to my fairway and get it close (trees in the way, can't make my green from where I'm at with the amount of club I need) and what do I do??? Pick up the 9i instead of the gap wedge (I'm not thinking clearly now wondering what my score COULD have been had I had my normal 250ish yards off the tee) and I fly my fairway and land in 9....... Seriously? At least now I'm a pitching wedge away from the green, so on my 3rd stroke from the opposite fairway I hit the green and 2 putt for bogey.

Oh well, 89 with 6 penalty strokes, actually not a bad round for my skill level, it was a net 67 but could have been a lot better. I've started getting the kinks out of my swing I developed back in Sept and my handicap has started coming down again towards where it was in the summer.

Haha. Yes. I putted all day. Sorry, meant 16

Tapping away on my S3
Haha, they do have courses that are only for putting...

40/42 for a nifty 82 on my nieghborhood course. The slope is only 108 but it was a net 65. I always felt I should be shooting around this number here. Very consistent today as I went 13 holes without anything over a double (then back to back doubles that ended any hope of a sub 80 round).

First off, I wanna say THANK YOU to all of you who peer pressured me into lessons! I've had three in the last two weeks. Went out today and shot a "career"-best 84. Included two birdies. If I can do that again Saturday I'll be shocked though. Shots were just going in my favor!

EDIT: Just factored it into my HCP, dropped to 18.1!

First off, I wanna say THANK YOU to all of you who peer pressured me into lessons! I've had three in the last two weeks. Went out today and shot a "career"-best 84. Included two birdies. If I can do that again Saturday I'll be shocked though. Shots were just going in my favor!

Congrats!

I played 18 today with DZ10. Started of with a double but ended with a birdie. Over all went 42/40 for a pretty nice 82.

Congrats on the pb and the dropping cap

You're improving! Don't feel lucky, feel wise!

Way to go.

^Siri probably sucks.

41/40-81

Actually played well today, just struggling off the tee a bit. It was a fun round.

41-38 for a pb down here of 79.. The knee felt good today!! :drinks:

Shot an 88 42/46 today at a local course by the house. Felt like I played pretty good just had a few bad holes mainly due to bad chipping. Started off with a birdie on the opening Par 5 and then went double double and then kind of evened out. I did play all 4 par 5's at 1 under and almost chipped in for eagle on the Par 5 15th. The course was a little soggy from rain last night but was in good shape and the greens were rolling smooth and fast and holding well. I feel like my game is starting to come back around which is nice.

Some nice rounds in here guys keep it up!

Well today was interesting. The course was very wet from yesterday's rain. So the course played longer then usually. I hit the ball so well. 14 greens and 9 fairways hit. The swing felt so good. I just could not make a putt all day. Everything seemed to just burn the edge. I had 33 putts and only 1 birdie. It was a stressful day with alot of frustration on the green. It'll be alright. I'll just have to do more putting drills.

Stats:
36-37=73 +1
Fwys: 9
Greens: 14
Putts: 33

Got out this afternoon and played had a great day with the driver hitting 11/13 fairways including 100% on the back 9

45/41 = 86

11/13 Fairways
6 GIR
31 Putts
1 sand save

Got out this afternoon and played had a great day with the driver hitting 11/13 fairways including 100% on the back 9

45/41 = 86

11/13 Fairways
6 GIR
31 Putts
1 sand save

Nice work teammate! Great job in the FIRs. Keep up the good work.

JT- solid round buddy. Get that flatstick going and you're going to be deadly.

Excellent round this morning at my local course. Shot a Gross 80 playing off 18 for a nett 62 (38 out and 42 back).

Chipped in twice from off the green, one for an eagle and one for a birdie. First one probably doesnt really count as the hole was some 70 yards shorter and it was a temporary green in play due to poor weather conditions. Second one was on normal greens though and I chipped in there from 40 yards out for the bird.

44 points overall in the Stableford competition overall (25 on the front 9) which I was pleased with.

I've taken the winnings from the school today and brought lottery tickets - guess when your luck is in yo ushould ride it as much as possible eh :)

Nice Mav. Rounds like that are always fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back