What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a day long awaited, I shot 43-38, 81. Today was my first time playing since full knee replacement on March 21, five weeks, four days ago. It was a terrible ball striking day, hitting 7 FW and 7 GIR but all that putting in the garage during recovery was time well spent since I had only 29 putts today. disclaimer, I played the white tees-5661 yards, which allowed me to leave the driver in the bag for the most part. It was good to be back out, now it would be nice to start hitting the ball again.

Ddec and I decided to get 9 holes in today after work at our home course, which I have never broken 50 at before until today. I shot a 46 today. Only one 3 putt, 3 double bogeys, 4 bogeys, and 2 pars.:D

On a day long awaited, I shot 43-38, 81. Today was my first time playing since full knee replacement on March 21, five weeks, four days ago. It was a terrible ball striking day, hitting 7 FW and 7 GIR but all that putting in the garage during recovery was time well spent since I had only 29 putts today. disclaimer, I played the white tees-5661 yards, which allowed me to leave the driver in the bag for the most part. It was good to be back out, now it would be nice to start hitting the ball again.

tough to beat 29 putts, welcome back!

Ddec and I decided to get 9 holes in today after work at our home course, which I have never broken 50 at before until today. I shot a 46 today. Only one 3 putt, 3 double bogeys, 4 bogeys, and 2 pars.:D

She was hitting the ball real well. Easily could have shot 3 strokes better. It was great to see how excited she was when she drained her last putt on the number 1 handicap hole(missed her par putt about 5 inches short) I said nice 46. She was grinning from ear to ear.

As for my round, I hit the m1 off the tee twice and found the ball in the fairway. I had 1 3 putt when a ball took a hop left on the green. I hit 5 greens(2 drives I had to punch out of the trees). Had a handfull of putts just burn the edge and settled with 16 putts. All in all I shot a 40(+4). Playing 18 tomorrow, maybe more. Happy with how I struck the ball today. I used the TP Mills Ming putter again. I really like that putter and I'm going to cry on Monday when I ship it out.

She was hitting the ball real well. Easily could have shot 3 strokes better. It was great to see how excited she was when she drained her last putt on the number 1 handicap hole(missed her par putt about 5 inches short) I said nice 46. She was grinning from ear to ear.

As for my round, I hit the m1 off the tee twice and found the ball in the fairway. I had 1 3 putt when a ball took a hop left on the green. I hit 5 greens(2 drives I had to punch out of the trees). Had a handfull of putts just burn the edge and settled with 16 putts. All in all I shot a 40(+4). Playing 18 tomorrow, maybe more. Happy with how I struck the ball today. I used the TP Mills Ming putter again. I really like that putter and I'm going to cry on Monday when I ship it out.

Well played both of you!

After playing 18 at my home course that I posted above, I snuck out for a quick 9 at this little 9 hole course that is just up the road from me. Its where I first started to play and learn golf, and a year and a half ago I would have been happy to break 50 there. Today the greens were scored and fertilized and it is not the best course to begin with but I shot a 38 (par 35). It would have been lower I suppose, but the greens were like a normal fairway, and the fairways like rough. Anyway, good round.

I played my home course and shot 77(41/36). The second nine I had 3 pars, 3 bogies and 3 birdies.

I hit driver well all day and mid/short irons well. The putter was decent, made a couple good ones and no 3 putts.

Chipping and long irons were terrible. Twice I was w/i 10 yards of the green on a par 5 in two and boggied them after horrid chips. I normally chip very well so obviously I need to go practice some fundamentals again to get back on track.

Also had a triple on the #1 HC hole after a snap hook into a tree off the tee. Gave away 4 easy strokes on those three holes but overall a pretty good and fun round.

Played 27 yesterday and 27 today. Didn't keep score on anything though. I've kind of lost my swing again and am working to get it back. My golfing may be delayed for a little bit now because I got insane sunburn.

Today was not the day to play golf in Oklahoma, however; I had a rare afternoon off and wanted to try out my irons (which I just picked up Wednesday night and hadn't even taken to the range yet). I played a local course that I'd played once before and enjoyed myself, despite the 35 mph wind and up to 50 mph gusts. I shot 101(54/47). It was the first time I'd shot 100+ in 12 years. I wasn't happy with that, but a day on the course(wind and all) is still better than a day in the office. I sure look forward to getting back out on a day with "normal" wind.

Ugly 87 today with a 10 (yes, "ten") on a par-5. That, plus two triples and a double. So for those counting at home, four various holes amounted to +13 while on the other 14 holes I was only +2.

For most of the day I was very consistent, hit a lot of good shots, chipping and putting were solid. But the blow-ups were very bad and too plentiful. But, I'm this >< close, I swear!!! :wink:

Shot 79 yesterday, +7. Got 3 shots up to make the cut, teeing off in 4 hours. The course played soooooo difficult. It's quite easy from the tee, but 4-club wind makes approaches really tough. 7600 yards long. The greens are like cement, 10 on the stimp and the greens feed balls into runoffs and bunkers. One bad bounce and you're virtually toast. Sometimes you have no shot.

I played well but those last 10% are missing, mostly because it's the first tournament since october. It'll come with practice and it's a good test. Also "interesting" to come to a course where their fairways run faster than our greens at home! You have to adjust pretty fast.

Stats:
31 putts
35% FW (unimportant stat, there's virtually no rough, just stay out of the potbunkers)
44% GIR
40% Scrambling.
33% sandsaves.

WTG nerfny! Can't wait to play again with you at the outing!

shot 5 over yesterday
got to the course and it was wall to wall ppl with 6 groups waiting to tee off
so i jumped off the back on an open hole
5 over thru 5 holes... ugggh

WTG nerfny! Can't wait to play again with you at the outing!

Thanks Kelly! Can't wait to play with you again at the outing!!

Played 27 yesterday and 27 today. Didn't keep score on anything though. I've kind of lost my swing again and am working to get it back. My golfing may be delayed for a little bit now because I got insane sunburn.

You need me to send you some sunscreen?

shot a horrible 105 today. Nothing worked as it should. Oh man...

I played Friday after a marathon work trip and started without any warm up. The first few holes killed me and I ended up with a 44 front, but something clicked and I ended that round very well.

The back nine turned on and while I did mess up one hole I had two eagle chances and ended with 39. Putting found 31, but that included several from well off the greens as an experiment of sorts.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Played 9 last night with a buddy and a couple guys I never met before (other thread about it). I shot a 42. Hit 5 fairways and par'd both par 5's. Can't wait till my birdies start coming and the dreaded doubles leave.

Saturday Apr 30 0800 shotgun start tee time 55 degrees warming to 85 - NICE!
Pine View / Lake View - start on 9 Lake

9 par 4 5

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 5
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 4
8 par 4 4
9 par 4 4

1 par 4 5
2 par 4 5
3 par 5 4
4 par 3 4
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 4
7 par 5 5
8 par 4 4

Pine 36 Lake 40 - 76

A tale of two sides today, as I play the Pine side well, hitting 5 of 7 fairways and and 7 greens and a fringe in regulation, playing it even par. On the Lake 9 my evil clone took over, tho not on the tee as I barely missed one fairway of 7. When I pulled out my irons the troubles began, as I hit only one green from the following yardages: 114 (AW pulled left), 190 (5I just short right), 30 (LW to front fringe - actually a good shot from an ugly place), 145 (9I pulled left bad), 160 (8I GIR!), 160 (8I to trap), 100 (SW front fringe), 100 (FAT SW 40 yards short), and on #9 as my opening hole 115 (AW spins into trap). I guess 76 ain't bad for only 8 greens in reg, but I need some serious iron work before I go again...

Last edited:
well, today was AWFUL, below is a summary

49-51 for a nice 100

Hit 2 fairways all day
Hit 0 Greens in Regulation
Had 4 penalty strokes in the final 5 holes
1 of those was on 18, a long par 3, in which I hit right off of the tee, and hit the top of the clubhouse with a ton of people watching

Driver-Awful...just couldnt get it going in the finla round with the R9, my best balls that did stay out of the trees were only 220 off the tee
Irons-Awful, contact was bad, a few irons I topped trying to punch out of the trees
The course for whatever reason hasnt mowed the rough in forever, it was higher than US Open rough, a few times I tried to swing my way out forward, and it crippled me
Putting-Not bad, 1 three putt, 1 one putt and the rest were 2's. Tried a new technique, and while the control was better, I left a few short
Niblick-ehhh, had a few good ones, but had a few bad ones, managed to blade one, even though I wasnt sure that was possible.

All in all, just a bad day, it all started with the tee balls, and even on par 3's I was topping them

Oh well, theres always next week, and on monday the Superfast 2.0 arrives!!

Well I got a break from the sun today and played in some pouring rain. Got some nice rain pants but again didn't keep score. My play is just awful right now and I am all over the place.

played 27 today, shot 87 on 18 and then 43 on the my next 9. I didn't hit the ball as good as I did last night, but it felt great to get out and play 27 holes.

played 27 today, shot 87 on 18 and then 43 on the my next 9. I didn't hit the ball as good as I did last night, but it felt great to get out and play 27 holes.

Good job Mario! Sounds like you had a day choc full of golf and sometimes that's the best thing for you.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

5 over 77, 1 birdie and 3 bogeys on the front, 3 bogeys on the back. Wind started blowing hard and it started raining in the middle of the round and slow greens got even slower, plus had a run in with some idiot hitting into our group that probably cost me 2 of those extra shots, at least.

76, +4. Missed cut by a couple. 64% of the fairways and 66% of the greens = my game was really good. Hitting the ball as good as anybody but I just couldn't convert. I holed three putts over 10 feet...and they were all for par. I needed to shoot 71 to make the cut and I could've easily done that with better putting and chipping. 4 bogeys, 14 pars. Basically, when I missed the green I made bogey. Like I said, the runoffs and ondulations made it really tricky but I guess I sort of knew that my short game would be my weakness this week. I just haven't been able to practice the kind of shots that were required. Very pleased with my long game and how I handled myself mentally - in that way it was a good week.

76, +4
34 putts
64% FW
66% GIR
50% Scrambling
0/1 sand save

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back