What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot 78 today again today as that seems like my magic number this month! I love it! I said earlier this year breaking or shooting 80 was my dream score. I am living my dream right now and if it gets any better, I will be shocked!

Great to see my team captain shooting such good scores, keep up the good work buddy.

Shot 84 (44/40) with 35 putts

6,053yds Par 70

Played with THP'er Buckjob today and a couple of buddies in Hurricane Irene weather. Tee game was kind of inconsistent but irons and wedges saved the round for me. Only had one good drive with the driver and found more fairways with the 3w and Mashies which worked out well. Irons and wedges were finding the greens all day but I wasn't near the hole enough to capitalize on hitting the green so I ended up with a lot of 2 putts and only had one 1 putt which was for birdie on the par 4 #16. Played with a Vision ball that Buck gave me for the first 9 and didn't like how it felt off the driver or the putter. Couldn't get comfortable on or around the green with it for some reason and switched it out for a Bridgestone 330 RX for the back 9 and all of a sudden my putting and tee game seemed to improve. The important thing was that I was more accurate with my approaches and lay ups as well as playing smart golf today except for 2 holes and kept big numbers off the card except for those 2 holes.

Good round Hanks!

Good stuff Gray! Moving up to the tees KB used to play is really working out for you.

--
tapatalk

Good stuff Gray! Moving up to the tees KB used to play is really working out for you.

--
tapatalk

Too bad you are on the wrong Team in Blairsville dude... Team Hicks with Sticks is gonna whup your booty :eek:)

thanks man....felt like I left a few shots out there too but was generally happy with the round. Getting my Team THP on early!
Good round Hanks!

thanks man....felt like I left a few shots out there too but was generally happy with the round. Getting my Team THP on early!

Hanks -- I want ya bad man! May 2012 Outing.. You vs ole gray!

after your nap ok? we'll play from the red tees...I don't want to see OG balls and butt when if we play the whites and you don't make it past the reds

Hanks -- I want ya bad man! May 2012 Outing.. You vs ole gray!

Shot 84 (44/40) with 35 putts

6,053yds Par 70

Played with THP'er Buckjob today and a couple of buddies in Hurricane Irene weather. Tee game was kind of inconsistent but irons and wedges saved the round for me. Only had one good drive with the driver and found more fairways with the 3w and Mashies which worked out well. Irons and wedges were finding the greens all day but I wasn't near the hole enough to capitalize on hitting the green so I ended up with a lot of 2 putts and only had one 1 putt which was for birdie on the par 4 #16. Played with a Vision ball that Buck gave me for the first 9 and didn't like how it felt off the driver or the putter. Couldn't get comfortable on or around the green with it for some reason and switched it out for a Bridgestone 330 RX for the back 9 and all of a sudden my putting and tee game seemed to improve. The important thing was that I was more accurate with my approaches and lay ups as well as playing smart golf today except for 2 holes and kept big numbers off the card except for those 2 holes.

That was a nice round in that wind, I am a B-330 RX user for a couple of years now, it is a great ball if it fits your SS. I personally enjoy playing in windy conditions, you really have to concentrate on the shot you want to hit.

Played 36 holes today in the "hurricane" first round only drizzled a little second round was wet.

1st round: 6089 67.1/112 only played the whites my buddy has a scramble and wanted to shoot from the whites to get distances for next weekend. shot a 42-36 for a 78 really feeling it on the back 9 shot 1 over on the back and had 2 bad holes on the front. only had 32 putts which is really good for me. my putting was actually good all day. think i only 3 putt once. so after a quick lunch at Chic Filet which was much needed. met up with Hanks to play another 18

2nd round: 5853 67.1/116 shot a 44-40 for a 84 i wasn't really happy with this round i was not feeling great around the 4th hole just felt a little light headed -(prob from being in Hanks presence) i kinda stopped trying really hard on the last 3 holes. Anyway i lost a couple balls that should have been right next to the green on this course which was really frustrating when you and other guys see your ball land and go right next to or over the green and then you can't find them. happened twice to me and once to 2 other guys including Hanks. that threw my game off on 2 holes and adding the lost ball strokes didn't help my score. also the rain really started coming down on the back 9. had 35 putts on this round but my putting was still good cause i wasn't getting a lot of shots close and i had a lot of tap in 2nd putts. Anyway had a blast today getting in 2 rounds and its always a blast playing with fellow THPers! Thanks again for letting me play the 2nd round with ya Hanks, i had fun!

after your nap ok? we'll play from the red tees...I don't want to see OG balls and butt when if we play the whites and you don't make it past the reds

Me and you from the back tees bro!

83 today with 31 putts. 4 doubles and 1 birdie. Not bad considering the doubles....

Tappin' in support of Team Hackers!

A VERY poor 89. only good shot was my first shot with a new 52* that I actually hit the pin!

Saturday Aug 27 0730 tee time shotgun start 74 degrees warming to 94
Lake View / Island View

7 par 5 5
8 par 3 2
9 par 5 5

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 4
7 par 5 6
8 par 4 4
9 par 4 3

1 par 4 5
2 par 4 4
3 par 4 4
4 par 4 4
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3

Lake 37 Island 36 - 73

A solid round of golf with not much spectacular today. On three of the first 4 holes, I missed birdie from 10-12 feet, but chipped in from the fringe on my miss. Then a stretch of routine pars left me -1 thru 8 holes. I faltered on the next two holes, pitching poorly and bogeying the par 3, then dropping my approach from a horrid lie into the creek on the par 5 - a huge key to my score was the 18 footer for bogey that I sunk. At my 12th hole, I stuck an 8I from a thick lie in the rough and 148 yards to about 8 feet and made birdie to get back even for the day. But I gave it right back up on the next when from 155 in the fairway I put it into the deep rough left of the green - so deep you coulda put another ball on top of mine and it would still not show above the Bermuda grass. I hacked it up to the fringe but chipped 12 feet by, but made my second key saving putt on the day by sinking that really slick downsloper. After that I parred in to finish at +1. 12 GIR and 3 more in the fringe - solid - and no three putts! Still, a funny round in that two bogeys may have been the best holes of the day for me.

Last edited:
Saturday Aug 27 0730 tee time shotgun start 74 degrees warming to 94
Lake View / Island View

7 par 5 5
8 par 3 2
9 par 5 5

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 4
7 par 5 6
8 par 4 4
9 par 4 3

1 par 4 5
2 par 4 4
3 par 4 4
4 par 4 4
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3

Lake 37 Island 36 - 73

Great shooting Steve! Now you need to bring our arse to Blairsville and show us some of this good stuff!!

I had a pretty tough day today.. It took me about 8 holes just to get my head into the round.. Really don't know why..

82 (43-39) with only one birdie.

Hopefully tomorrow is a different story!!

Too bad you are on the wrong Team in Blairsville dude... Team Hicks with Sticks is gonna whup your booty :eek:)

I'm pretty sure I'm on the hicks team, unless I've been traded.

--
tapatalk

--
tapatalk

Yeah, it even says so in OG's thread, he is so excited about the new driver his is having a hard time keeping up with who he has on his team. How are the short putts going Danny? Did you try the exaggerated follow through?

You are on the wrong team bro! Get ready for your arse whupping... LOL

Well, it wouldn't be the first time but it is never an easy job either. :D

--
tapatalk

Danny boy you are on the right Team buddy and I would not trade ya for anybody!

I shot an 83 today. I should have shot better, but started to screw around on the back nine and the driver struggled.

Well I don't know if it really counts but I played in a four man Best Ball... we shot 61 (-9) to win.

Alex

Well I don't know if it really counts but I played in a four man Best Ball... we shot 61 (-9) to win.

Alex

Winning is winning in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back