What did you shoot today?

Driver was spotty today and score showed it. Shot a 39-40-79. At least after practice chipping this past week my chipping game is back on point. I got up and down to save par 5 out of 6 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure who or what possessed my body today, but I was 39/37 for a plus 3 round of 76. Front side was 6 pars, 3 bogeys. Started with a bird on 10, and ended up with one double, one bogey, three birds and four pars on the back to finish even on that side. The birdie on six was certainly unexpected; left my approach just out to the left and just off the green, used my 8 iron to chip. It was rolling straight at the stick, wobbled just a pinch left then right. Went past the stick on the left edge of the hole, and fell in the back side - I thought it was going to hang on the edge.
Real consistent day with the driver - the course didn't feel dried out, but I was hitting second shots from places I have never been before. Honestly probably my best putting day in as long as I can remember. I focused on trying to make contact in the same spot on the face each and every time. I had a couple where the pace got away from me, but I also rolled in some putts I normally wouldn't make. My putter fitting was confirmed for early June, so my current gamer has another 10ish rounds to validate itself.

started okay, new shaft in Driver, mostly okay. shot 81 on par 71 and it was mostly crazyness on the back nine

43/41 = 84. Didn't have any good holes, but kept the blowup holes to a minimum. Had to take a couple of frustrating drops for lost balls in the middle of wide open fields (seriously, how do balls get lost with nary a tree in sight??). Driver is still eluding... I think it might be a shaft issue. Not sure I'm in a financial position to go shopping though...

New iron striking swing thought: "Ignore everything else and focus on hitting the middle of the club." Seems to be working so far.

I scraped it around the course for a 6 over 78. One birdie. One double. A couple of sand saves, including one for birdie on a par 5.

After 8 holes I was 11 over. Played to a 10, told my partner I needed to finsish out one under to shoot my handicap. Birdied nine so 46 front. Par, birdie, par, par, par, bogey, double, par, eagle to shoot 36 on back. 82 for the day. 10 over. Success from the jaws of defeat.

79 and lost by about 12 to a guy I got paired with. Always fun to see a dude who bombs it past you by 30-40 yards and I am really not that short of a hitter. Fun round and fun to watch.

Best part he was just a really nice guy

Last edited:
Screenshot_20220501-100200_TheGrint.jpg

Went all out on a few drives and paid the body price in the end, but grabbed some skins along the way and had a bunch of fun dancing out there. Good music day. Weather is perfect right now.

76 yesterday

Front 9 wasnt bad yesterday 41 but followed with a 46 for an 87

…an ugly 94. Losing tons of distances off the tee, irons are coming up short, and pin placements yesterday were placed on the crest of every slope.

72 today, albeit from the whites.

Wasn’t thrilled with my iron game today but kept things going with the Hogan putter.
It just gets me…

Few highlights:
Drove first green, two putt bird
Dropped a 30 footer on 8 for bird.
Two outt bird on par 5 9th.
Birdied 18 to end the day.
Held off a double bogey on 3 occasions.

Shot a pedestrian 94 this morning. 51/43 split. Not having range time prior to the round caused it's normal problems with my swing. Still had fun and had some amazing shots.

89 Friday
85 today

39-43/82 skins game, birdie on 18 didn't get anything but the birdie on 6 got a net skin.

One under 70. One over on the front and two under on the back. Three birdies, two bogeys. 6/13 fairways (my home course has 5 par 3s). 16/18 GIR. I had three drives of over 300 yards, which is unheard of for me. I had 11 legitimate birdie looks, but had 34 putts. If I could have made a couple more putts, I would have shot my ATB. Still, an incredibly satisfying round.

3E27CD3B-8CEC-4250-A943-912274AC1E2D.jpeg4422221C-6633-4DCF-BA6D-24E3316C202A.jpeg

One under 70. One over on the front and two under on the back. Three birdies, two bogeys. 6/13 fairways (my home course has 5 par 3s). 16/18 GIR. I had three drives of over 300 yards, which is unheard of for me. I had 11 legitimate birdie looks, but had 34 putts. If I could have made a couple more putts, I would have shot my ATB. Still, an incredibly satisfying round.

View attachment 9085164View attachment 9085165
What was the bag setup for the round?

What was the bag setup for the round?
Cobra LTDx LS driver
Cobra LTDx LS 3 wood
TaylorMade Stealth 19* hybrid
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 23.5* hybrid
Cobra Forged Tec X irons 6 through pw
TaylorMade MG 3 wedges - 47*, 52*, 56* and 60*
Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K triple wide
Bridgestone Tour B XS

I actually predetermined to play the Stealth driver on the front and the Cobra on the back. The Cobra came alive for me today. I have not driven the ball as well in years as I did today with the Cobra.

72 today, albeit from the whites.

Wasn’t thrilled with my iron game today but kept things going with the Hogan putter.
It just gets me…

Few highlights:
Drove first green, two putt bird
Dropped a 30 footer on 8 for bird.
Two outt bird on par 5 9th.
Birdied 18 to end the day.
Held off a double bogey on 3 occasions.
It sounds like a fun round.

A billion.

37/40 77 on a par 59 exec course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like a fun round.

To be honest, I’m thrilled with the score. Surprised by how poorly I hit my irons though. Its always something….

Back