What did you shoot today?

got out to walk 18 today. A very sloppy 98. Not unhappy considering the conditions and it's my second time out this year.

42/47 89 (21.7 diff).

After an absolutely demoralizing round yesterday, I bounced back to play better this morning. The only lost ball was a 7i I hooked from off the tee on the par 3 17th. Driver was as good as I can hope for... no penalties and only 1 drive that did not leave a shot at the green. I've lost some distance but keeping the ball in play so far this year which I'll take all day long. Contact and dispersion with hybrids and 4w were pretty good today and I've seen improvement overall in that area. It's something I'll need with the driver losing distance. Lots of low-pressure short putts due to good lag putting and tight chipping. Several 1-putts and no 3-putts.

Irons & wedge approach shots were solid on the front 9 but I duffed a couple on the back. I only hit a couple GIR though there were plenty of opportunities for more.

Put down a 79 this morning. Some really good shots hit today. I wish I could pull together a round where my driver and irons were behaving equally as well. I really think today would have been a day to shoot in the low 70s if I didn't have to manipulate some shots out of trouble. Wasn't thinking I had anything to look forward to golf wise for the rest of the year, but today changed that mindset

41/41 82 took a couple bucks from my boy

11 pars but 3 doubles

Getting closer IMG_6239.jpeg

74 today in some cold and wind. Finished bogey, bogey which isn’t ideal but happy with the way I struck the ball for the most part

Played a solo round at the home course this morning. Hit a dozen or so shots with my driver at the range first. I’ve experimented with an exaggerated “turn over” move with my hands as I come thru contact but I didn’t have the nuts to try it on our very narrow course, yet. The range shots felt great and flew like I wanted them to. Pick a target on the right side, turn it over and let a baby draw bring it back, more or less straight down the middle. I was fortunate in that it stayed consistent, I hit 12 of 15 fairways with the driver and the 3 I missed were only a few feet off. I’m finding I get maybe 10-15 more yards off the tee with this shot vs my normal fade also. It all translated to a pretty decent round for me, 41/42=83, keeping my HI at 15.7, for now.

Forgot to post from Tuesday in here, so it's a 2 for 1 today.

Tuesday: Shot 40/39 = 79, 8 GIR, 4 FIR, 32 putts, 1 birdie, 6 bogeys, 1 stupid double and 10 pars. Hit it pretty well and mostly avoided big messes. I definitely made some unforced errors off the tee and disappointingly with irons, but those misses generally weren't too bad. Even hit both of my sand shots nicely. Got a couple good breaks and putted really well in the short range to post a solid number.

Today: Shot 40/42 = 82, 6 GIR, 5 FIR, 32 putts, 3 birdies, 9 bogeys, 2 stupid doubles and 4 pars. Very windy and made it really tough to choose a good club. Came up way short a couple times and way long another few times. Just really tough. Compounded it with some really rough chipping and pitching performances, and missed a couple too many putts inside 6 feet. Generally drove it and hit irons reasonably well though, despite how hard it was to pick a club. Will be working the chipping hard going forward here, it just has to be better.

41/36=77. Couple of PB's for me today, hit every fairway and every green in regulation on the back 9. Didn't really have any good birdie looks but was a lot of tap in pars. Nice having regular playing partners who can offer up something when you are struggling, just a little word and made a difference.

40/42 today in the breeze. Hit some big drives, had some really solid iron play, made a few mistakes with the 100 yard and in game but that’s okay. Things are feeling good right now.

43/48 for a 91

Course yardage was over 5800, par 72.

First time out with no practice or range time in so I was pretty happy with most of it but still gave away quite a few strokes on a few holes that I just fell apart on. I really only missed one fairway with the driver, one bad fairway wood shot, two bad hybrid shots (normally don't play hybrids) and a few bad pitches and slow putts! The wind had something to do with a few of those too! :)

No birdies but I did get a few pars per side! They were real busy and the course was very wet, especially on the front nine.

42/42 84. ESC 83 from that triple on a par 3. Punched greens, gusty at times, and basically low expectations. I don’t get it. When I feel like it’s gonna be great, I’m bad. When I feel like it’s gonna be bad, I’m pretty decent. Golf.

Played some of the best golf year to date today. Shot a 36-36-72 with 5 birdies and 5 bogies. I was -2 after 15 holes and started thinking about my score and bogied the next two holes before I steadied the ship on the last hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48/43=91 that should’ve been a few shots better. Still getting used to the putter and left everything short. I hit the ball well, short game sucked, but overall I’m pretty happy with it considering there was a consistent 2-3 club wind and I didn’t really have any blowup holes.

I shot a 2 over par 38

A pair of 82’s this weekend. Tough conditions yesterday so was expecting a better score in milder conditions today, but it was not to be. Just need to avoid those round killing doubles.

I shot 43 for 9, not bad for a month lay off. Hit some good shots, back was hurting after 6 and couldn't make good contact.

44/39 for an 83. I had three doubles and a triple, and the second double burned me up because it was a stupid mistake/poor shot selection on my part (after a great drive, no less), and so freaking preventable. The triple was on the next hole because I was still steamed at myself and couldn't let it go. Had a chip-in birdie on 18 denied when it hit the flagstick and ended up an inch from the cup. 7/14 FW, 6/18 GIR, 31 putts with one 3-putt and six 1-putts.

Walked 9 and played decently. Shot a 36 with 1 birdie and 1 bogie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My age.

41/45 = 86
Tripled the short par 4 10th to set the tone on the back. Horrible lies in a fairway bunker ruined me there.
2 doubles back there as well.
25+ mph wind gusts made things very interesting.

I went to the driving range today and shot under par. I was en fuego.

Back