What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Caught up on the experience a bit at work, bent a set, played a few holes, put together my new irons and wedges.

THP. Busy work week and not able to get away for a range session today. I may putt tonight but doubtful.

Tried something different this morning.

For decades, when I wanted to hit a lower flying, longer running shot, I would just play the ball back in my stance, and adjusted my swing. Most of the time this worked just fine.

However, every so often I would push the ball to the right, because the club face wasn't closing to square fast enough.

So this morning, while needing a lower shot with my 8i, I set up for a normal shot, but used my 5i, with an abbreviated swing. The less lofted club caused a lower ball flight, and the abbreviated swing sent the ball the right distance.

Jury is still out, but something I plan to work with.

More swing work in the garage

Range session last night. Split 200 balls with my son.

- 7W continues to be great, my PW was really consistent
- Everything else sucked compared to Sunday

Golf is hard :)

This was a swing for fence morning for me, and my four wedges. By that I mean I swung the clubs as fast as I could, while still staying in balance. Just wanted to see what I might be capable of. Also still trying out the new knee brace.

Although my horizontal dispersion suffered a little, most of those shots were not that bad. A few were right on the money.

Hit 70 balls, and yardages were verified via two lasers. Average gain per club was 12 yards.
48* 102 yards, 52* 90 yards, 56* 78 yards, and the 60* 65 yards

Not going deviate from my normal swing tempo, but its nice to know there's still a little left in the tank if needed.

I have a date with the short game area of a local course in about 30

I made tee time reservations for Friday. Yay. My first round this year! We'll see how the knee does. I'm probably going to play like dog poo, but who cares? It's supposed to be in the low 80s.

I unwrapped my new :cobra: Dark speed 4i!
That and some THPing.

I finally made it to the golf course. And have green fees gone up. Yikes!

Replaced a few putter grips for a buddy and got ready to shaft some irons.

Pulled and replaced my stock putter shaft with an All In. I’m getting it regripped tomorrow with a Lamkin Sink Fit. It just feels better and lasts longer than the SuperStroke. Installed a strong adapter for my driver. I’ve got a 9* set at -2/N. I’m curious to see how it performs in that setting. Hit a few shots with the Mizuno Pro 245 at Golf Galaxy. They have my attention. I’m going to try to hit the JPX 923 Forged while my putter gets regripped.

Solo session at the local TopTracer range for me today as my son is working his weekend job....

150 balls - took my time - was there about 2.5 hours.

First 120:
- Worked my way up through the irons - 52, PW, 7, 5 - still losing my 7-iron out to the right a little bit but the 5i was much better today.....
- Then through the woods - 7W, again very consistent possibly one of my best purchases recently - 3W improved but took 7/8 shots to get direction and distance sorted
- Ended with driver 34 shots - after a few frustrating misses out right I took a bit of pace off my downswing and picked up a bit of accuracy and no noticeable drop in ball speed. Still very much a work in progress but lost very few out to the right. More work on that next week.

TopTracer 30 session to finish. Struggled a little on the first 15 finding water and OOB and was playing at 2x my entered handicap - had a proper word with myself and picked up for the second half including my shot of the day a 5-iron from 189 yards out which stopped 10ft from the hole. Finished up back on HC.

Wife pushed me out the door last night to go to the range. So spent about 1.5 hours at the range working through the swing.

Some indoor putting practice on my WellPutt mat.

Played 18

Didn't have a lot of time. No use in putting net up. Rain forecasted for this evening. This morning, I had a few minutes to hit some balls around the backyard. Just chip shots. Did fairly well focusing on staying down, not being too handsy. All of my shots were pretty straight. I was at the back line of the yard, hitting back towards the house. Not too hard, but make good contact. I did, up in the air, dead straight, and hits the side of the garage on the descent. Okay, time to quit before you break something.

Walked 9.

160 balls at the range to work out some issues and test my epoxied driver adapter. 1 degree of stronger loft made a huge difference. Now I’m stuck between -1 and -2. Tomorrow should still be damp so we’ll see how that lower flight works out.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I remembered playing a par 3 about 30 minutes from my house many years ago. It was in the middle of nowhere. I mean like out in the country if you all know what that means. Me and the wife drove out that way today on the way to a good hole in the wall restaurant. All it is now is a driving range that is barely kept up.

Driving range practice session...state am qualifier next week and time to get ready

Little mid morning practice after b-fast.

Putting was "iffy". Just could not hold my line.

However, 60 yard shots to a practice pin were ok.

Rest of the course is looking pretty good.

Attachments

• 20240514_102509.jpg
    20240514_102509.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240514_102517.jpg
    20240514_102517.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 0
Back