What is the worst ball you ever played?

hschofield

Reaction score
Handicap
Curious as to what everyone thinks is the worst ball you ever played. I think the worst ball I ever hit was the Ultra.

Tie between any of the old top-flite's and the Nike ONE Vapor. :nike: was hard as a rock for me when I played them, don't know why.....but DISLIKE!

I would say Top Flite XL's 2000 & 3000. Those things were bad.

The older top flite balls.

I've always hated the Wilson Maximum... Rocks.

Usually the "new one" just out of the box. They normally hit the cart path or out of bounds. :clapp:

TM's Intergel, it was pretty lame IMO. Came in it's own tube, but that is the only thing memorable about them.

Range Balls.

today after i lost a ball i decided to play a top flite regular trajectory
it sounded like a rock off of all my clubs
played it for 2 holes... after missing a birdie putt i bounced it off the sidewalk and it literally made a weird sound so i tossed it into the pond
worst ball ever

Range Balls.

Pfffft. Clearly you need to upgrade to Rangé.

I don't know about actual worst but I really disliked the 20Xi-X. Weirdo soft feeling at times with a crack like your club just hit a brick of limestone. 15 shots later you have to swap the ball since it looks like a sushi chef had a go against it as stress relief. Not sure I would objectively call it a bad ball though, I'm sure many people like it.

Glowballs.

I got a pack of Bomb golf balls by Founders Club at golftown for like $18 for 24.
I actually hit them farther than pretty much any other ball that I used but they didn't feel that great putting and they really got marked up easily.

Range Balls.

Especially the range balls that are so well loved that they barely have any dimples left. Lovely balls they are.

yeah i can't stand the range balls at my nearest driving range.....

i think the worst ball i've ever used was probably the molitor.....

Those old nitro balls.

I think marketing is truly king when it comes to golf balls in a lot of ways. A good ball for some is a bad ball for others of course, that is why I am so "for" fitting of golf balls. We hear all the time about someone hating the Nike Vapor, but loving the Titleist NXT or vice versa and when one breaks down that ball from a comparison perspective you will see why its so odd. Just using those two brands as an example as others could be used as well.

I played some really good golf today and shot even par for 18 holes. I did so with a ladies Wilson Staff prototype golf ball.

NITROs.

Totally forgot about these. If I had an enemies list, this ball would be on it. Same with anything Volvik.....thanks for bringing up those ideas in me T0AD! :D

Wilson maximum, nike mojo, and top flite xl3000

I will probably get massacred for this. I hate the TM Penta. Just a bad fit for me especially with the driver

Nike Mojo, hands down.

I will probably get massacred for this. I hate the TM Penta. Just a bad fit for me especially with the driver

BLASPHEME!!! Nah, just kidding man. To each their own!

I tried a few of the Volvik's about 5/6 years ago, haven't thought of them since. Yep, there is a reason I have not thought of them.

Hands down it was the Polara.
TapAhoy!

Back