What is your golf goal (currently)..?

To play the best I possibly can in the Morgan Cup in October.

Continuing to shoot my age or better.

Keep turning through the ball to get rid of the toe strike and pulls.

I’m working on trying to break 80 again. It’s been a few years now... and I can be in the low 80’s... it’s just been a barrier I haven’t been able to overcome lately.

Just trying to remember/get back just Some of my old Swing. 20 yrs ago so maybe hard ask. I'm gonna get off my Knees now, I'm too old to pray this long. 😀

I’m working on trying to break 80 again. It’s been a few years now... and I can be in the low 80’s... it’s just been a barrier I haven’t been able to overcome lately.
What holds you back, Putter, Short Game, Mind Game?

Mostly inconsistent short game (or, approach shots from 80y and in).
Sounds like more time having some fun on your Range creating some short shots. Are you having body issues were you can't practice as much as you want? That's where I'm at right now.

To achieve a sound, but, above all, consistent, smooth full swing with reasonable club head speed.

My current goal is to get below a 10. I’m currently at 14.4 and trending down. I think I can get into the 12s by the end of the season

Keep turning through the ball to get rid of the toe strike and pulls.
...and staying DOWN thru shot. That was/is at times my Bugaboo.

Sounds like more time having some fun on your Range creating some short shots. Are you having body issues were you can't practice as much as you want? That's where I'm at right now.
I’m 69... and in pretty good health. I tell my buddies that I only have so many swings left in me... so, I don’t want to waste ‘em on the range. I love to practice my putting... but, I hate to just hit balls on a range. But, you may be on to something. 😊

At this precise moment in time, just to be healthy enough to play - I thought I was well on that road until this week happened and laid me up again

Trying to break 80 again. Would like to get to where I can do so every 10 rounds or so.

Break 80, I’m really close then next up is 5 rounds in 70’s.

Scratch.

My short game has been junk the last couple of months. I need to clean it up.

Suck faster.

I've had several nines of 43-45, but can't seem to string together a full 18 without a blowup.

Have a consistent swing, hit the ball well and make no worse than boogie on each hole.

To work on consistency and eliminate the stupid mistakes as much as possible. I can play good golf, but I can't play *consistently* good golf - even within a single round. There are always a few doubles or the occasional triple that blow the scorecard up.

Be consistently in the 80s, get my handicap into the mid teens...

Back