What kind of golf hats do you prefer to wear? Flat Bill, Flexfit, Fitted, Golf Club Manufacturer, Clothing Brand

KeepGolfSquiggy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was discussing golf hats with a few friends, which turned into an interesting debate. I am very interested in people's opinions on the perfect golf hat. I only wear Flat Bill Snapbacks with large embroidery. When I am not on the golf course, I pretty much wear black hats exclusively but when I'm golfing I prefer colors or a floral print. I am drawn to large bold embroidery both off and on the course. I am interested in everyone's opinions..

Ive got such a wide range of hats and wear just about all of them from trucker to rope to snapback to high crown to wool to bucket to straw.

If I had to pick one I'd probably go with the unstructured 'dad' hat.

My favorite hat is my black Callaway Liquid Metal. I prefer snapbacks with a curved bill. Not a fan of flexfit because they never fit. I don't care for flashy colors any of that. I also prefer the lowest profile possible. I don't understand why some hats are so tall. I don't want it to look like it's sitting 5" above my head.

Whatever the Callaway bars are. They are my favorite.

Aussie Chiller is my favorite. Especially in the heat of summer. Or in the rain. Helps keep the Sun from blistering me.

fedcc0b38b779c9059102bf1ac620452.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fan of Imperial & Branded Bills, not so much with manufacturer logos but courses.

Not a flat bill or wide brim fan but do enjoy the high crown visor.

All of the above except I am not a bucket hat guy.

No flat bills, no snapbacks. If it's flex fit and says L/XL, it better be more XL than L.

Lightweight, unstructured. Just a regular cap.

Any and all, I like a variety as long as they fit my dome. Flatbills look stupid on me, but I wish I could pull them off.

I'm a bucket hat fan

I prefer flexfit and have a bunch of snapbacks. No flat bills. Most of my golf hats are Puma or Travis Mathew.

I prefer Imperial lightweight hats

Anything I can find that fit my melon without looking like it's a kid's size hat. Mostly brand agnostic. Usually a few Callaway Tour Authentic Performance hats in the mix as they're light and fit me pretty well, plus I can usually get them fairly cheap with rewards points. Otherwise a mix of hats I've picked up from different courses.

Travis Mathew Flex Fit L/XL are my absolute favorite. Have at least 10.

Last edited:
I wear almost strictly visors, except for inclement weather. Flex fit visors, and snapback ball caps. Usually for whatever brand of club I buy each year, so have a pretty good collection. Though my wife, and daughter don't think I realize they throw the shabbiest one every year.

I wear the Aussie style hats, at the recommendation of my dermatologist. I've already had two basal cells removed, so fashion is not my priority. I alternate between a Rhoback and classic Titleist.

1702063579474.png

Go to on course is always Imperial X210P. Off course, Flex Fit.

My hat game is a problem. I don’t look good in unstructured caps. Structured caps make me look like I’m playing little league in the 80s again. I’m too old for a flatbill. And too vain for a bucket hat….though my wife strongly suggested it when it was 105* when I played about this summer.

I probably have 10-15 caps and only 2 I feel good in.

FlexFit
I'm real fan of New Era 39Thirty stretch fit

Wide variety of styles and fits , what ever the look / style / colour , that attracts my attention…at the time .

As you call them “ flat bill “ no thanks
The peak of the cap has to , shade and protect eyes . It’s not a verandah . lol

loving the comments. I never thought I had a big head but it seems the only fitted / flexfit that sits comfortably is the L / XL. Does the S / M fit anyone other than kids ?

Back