What percentage of par 4-5 tee shots do you hit driver?

What percentage of par 4-5 tee shots do you hit driver?

• <20%

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 21-40%

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • 41-60%

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • 61-80%

Votes: 32 26.7%
  • >80%

Votes: 74 61.7%

• Total voters
Basically all par 5s, but only a couple par 4s on most courses. The course I’m playing Saturday only needs driver on 3 holes on the front and 2 on the back

For me also depends on shape of hole and hazard potential , no point running into trouble from the tee.

Usually 57% (8/14) at most from our 6,600 blue tees. But it's about to become much less as my driver swing has been killing me. I'm long enough where I can pull 5W (currently my next longest club) for all but 2 or 3 holes and be just fine. Next round, I'll test the theory.

Yesterday I hit driver more often (club skins) and off those swings, I had to punch-out 4 times and drop with penalty twice. Still managed to card an 80 so in between, I hit some really good golf shots. But often wayward with driver has been all too common... and infuriating.

101.23% Have to retee every 98 drives.

When I play Gold-White combo, I use driver on 12 of 14 holes. When I play all Gold, I use driver on 11 of 14 holes. I really need to practice hitting my 4H off the tee for those holes I don't use my driver. I cannot think of a reason I would not use my driver other than... there's a dogleg... or my driver will carry into the water. It is much more difficult to top a tee shot with a driver.

Don't really have a home course but I'd say it's over 80% for sure. Unless hole design takes driver out of my hand I'll almost always pull it. Classic risk/reward for me. I'm erratic in general, so when I do make a good swing and get a good result I want it to be with the longest club. I have to get to my 7 iron before I'm >75% confident I'll get a good result, and there's a substantial gap between my 7 iron and driver :ROFLMAO:

10 of 15 on my current course.

0% now. Longest club I hit off the tee is my 3w. I'm giving up about 35-40 yards not hitting my driver.

Even with the 3w, it's more of a 5/8 - 3 /4 punch like wing......for accuracy. Balls in the fairway are easier for me to see.

Back in the day, I hit driver on just about every par 4 & 5

It is rare that I hit a driver anymore. I did hit it twice yesterday on two Par 4s and hit two really nice drives.

I pretty much hit driver all the time. It's fun!

Driver gets first call, pace of play and design are only reason to go DI

I am not that long but I hit driver straight. On my home course I hit driver on 13/14 non par 3s (frequently I hit driver on one of the par 3s). The one I don't there are a set of mounds that I can't consistently clear with driver so I hit 3 wood short of the mounds.

I am in the 60-80% range but I am not long enough where It becomes a issue.

Driver is always first choice unless the hole dictates something else by yardage layup, tight bend, etc.

Pretty much every time unless its a unique layout or an extremely short par 4.

42.3% this year. I didn’t realize I got so conservative in my old age.

33%. My current muni has 12 non-par 3 holes. I hit driver on 4 of them. Back when I played Iron Valley, it was 57% (8 of 14), but I should be smarter and hit it on 5 tops. I need to start looking at trouble straight ahead and not just on the left/right.

It depends on the course. My home course, and three of the other primary courses I play, (all between 6600 and 6900 yds) t’s between 4 - 6 times, Interestingly, a fifth course a few times a year which is only 6200 yds, I hit driver 11 times.

It all comes down to layout, how it fits my eye and where I want to be on the approach.

Hitting driver unless the hole brings in too much trouble for doing so.

Unless the driver's length would put me into a hazard it's getting used. So pretty much 100%

Unless there is water or a bunker across the fairway, I'm taking driver almost every time. I need the length and driver is consistently accurate for me.

Back