What would you fill a staff bag with?

WOW i thought i carried a lot of stuff in my bag ? Guess i need to load up more maybe the Blue diamond almonds sounds good...

The same stuff I would put in my other bag. They are large and heavy, so adding stuff just because there is room is brutal. I didnt find myself adding anything because I could. The only place you have added room is the shoe pocket, which I didnt even put my shoes in.
I think I'll be the same as one-t. I currently carry what I need and can't really imagine adding more.

Duh.

fluff.jpg

Rain gear is a big one, but mostly beef jerky. What can I say, the fat kid has got to eat. hehehe

Man in my nike performance carry bag I can fit rain gear....2 bottles of water and a banana and protein bars in my insulated cooler pocket. a Few dozen balls in their sleeves and shoes if I even tried....extra gloves easily fit as well. I think a staff bag to carry would be excessive and I would not need all the extra space as i still have room in my bag and i even bring my cell and wallet with me as well as extra pairs of socks!

Blue diamond almonds, for sure! Rain gear would be added, and more food. There was a thread "what's in your bag" or something, and I posted a pic there...this is what I have in my carry bag...and I carry it quite often.

So a staff bag with a lot of space is more than welcome :D

kuvanp.jpg

In fact this picture is a good idea as I have that same wrench pouch and 2 nike towels hanging with a brush on my ring outside of the bag and more balls and more food and water but I have yet to pick a rangefinder from bushnell I want.....but this guy carries a lot more gloves then I do as I only carry 2 but very similar with the amount of stuff I can fit in mine and be comfortable!

With some of the stories I read on here, I might have to add pepper spray and a taser.

I think if I had a staff bag I would carry,

Extra cleats and wrench
club wrench
rain/wind gear
towels
gripes(dont have any)
balls
tees
markers
divot tools
snacks
Range Finders

in my stand bag I have my spikes, golf balls, divot tool/ball marker, TaylorMade torque wrench, water bottle & raincover. I keep my glove on the velcro piece on the outside & my club towel & tee bag are hooked to the outside loop. the only thing I would put in a staff bag that I don't already carry would maybe be a towel for my hands and face & an umbrella

Last edited:
This is what came out of mine. I'm not sure how old those granola bars are :act-up:

IMG_1149.JPG

question: what is that long aluminum looking bar?

edit: is it a stimp meter?

I've had a staff bag for several years. After having my first one, I'll never go to anything else when I'm not walking. I have full rain gear in there, plenty of balls, tees, and other normal stuff. I also keep several extra gloves. I usually have a couple of snacks and protein/energy mixes as well. I'll also have an extra towel and my range finder/skycaddie. You don't want to fill it all the way up. You still have to carry it from your car to the golf cart. I almost got cussed out on one trip to myrtle beach. I had about 6 dozen balls in the bag and when the man that was tending the bag drop grabbed my bag and tried to pick it up, I thought he was going to have a hernia. He wasn't exactly pleased that the bag weighed a ton when he tried to pick it up.

If I ever end up buying a staff bag I'll probably just add rain gear to my bag 'o' junk. I use a couple of different cart bags and they have plenty of room for everything I carry (a lot of junk) but rain gear won't fit without bulging the pockets out really bad.

One of these days I'll probably buy one but as of yet I don't have enough game to pull one out without looking like a twit.

About 3 years ago, my wife decided to take my son to GolfTown as she wanted to buy me a new bag. He, of course (age 6 at the time) knew exactly which one I wanted, right up to the moment when he was faced with several hundred of them, so instead of the TM stand bag that I actually wanted, I ended up with a TM staff bag. I'm not one to complain about a mistake like that. I'll have a dig through it some time, but I'm an avid collector of golf oriented junk, and the bag weighs a ton, so I know there's a good collection of stuff in there. I might even surprise myself.

I don't know that I'd treat a staff bag any different than my normal carry bag. That said, I've never owned 'for golf' rain gear, so I'd consider including something like that.

The driver wrench is a good idea. I always seem to lose those suckers, so keeping it in the staff bag should prevent that.

IDK, tinkering on the course tends not to work out so good, leave that for the range..lol BTW I would only change settings during practice play etc:

IDK, tinkering on the course tends not to work out so good, leave that for the range..lol BTW I would only change settings during practice play etc:

I would never change the driver settings mid round, or even before I play. But on the range yes, but if I don't have the wrench in my bag, I'll loose it or forget to take it with me.

Why do you like th six way divider better?

I absolutely hate the 14 way divider. Have yet to find one that does not have the clubs get stuck at some point. 6 way divider is much easier in terms of taking clubs out or putting them back.

If you were playing in a tournament and changed your driver mid round its a penalty, kinda a dumb rule I think unless its PGA.

Our club reconstructed the greens and changed the turf from bent to bermuda this year. The greens speeds were all over the place so before I play or practice I test the greens. I putt 10% feel and 90% mechanics so if I cant judge the green speed then my short game is waaaay off.

That's neat. I don't know anyone who has one of those. How/when do you use it?

I know there's one person on here that needs a staff bag just to carry a couple pairs of spare pants.

Back