What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am with Jacqui, Smallville, no hamburger helper for me. That thing is full of salt, that's the only thing I can taste.

That's probably why I like it.

Yes and it really pisses me off when I go through the drive thru order two Chipotle BBQ snack wraps, crispy and I get two crispy, honey mustard snack wraps. :angry: Can't they ever get anything right in the drive thru?

Tonight for dinner I think we are doing beer brats. They are made with Miller Light. We'll see how they taste. :fingers-crossed:

The brats last night were pretty good. They were "made with" Miller High Life. I'm sure they weren't made with Miller but maybe boiled in Miller at some point. I still hate charcoal grills. Burnt the brats pretty badly. I'm sure it was more my fault than the grills but I still hate charcoal. They still tasted good though.

You guys have honey mustard snack wraps? Awesome,

They just brought up the Grossest thing at Mcdonalds, its a patty shaped so it can fit into a snack wrap, its called the Macwrap.

I don't care for honey mustard so they weren't all that great.

Does the Macwrap have the mac sause on it? (I know Harry that's just was a perfectly throw softball) That might not be too bad. We'll see if it makes it to the States though.

Tonight we are having some sort of Hamburger Helper. I think it might be the Manwich "flavor". We'll see how that goes. We might be going to McD's to pick something up if it's too bad.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of people dont care for it, but its quick, easy and cheap. (just like me...LOL) :D
Its perfect bachelor food because all you gotta do is brown some hamburger in pan, add some water, milk, noodles, sauce and let it simmer for a little bit and youre good to go.

It's also the perfect "poor newlyweds" meal. I can't tell you how many Hamburger Helper meals my wife and I have had in the 6 years we've lived together. I'm sure it's been enough to keep General Mills in business though.

I think it's steak night since this is the last day without rain for the next 40!

The brats last night were pretty good. They were "made with" Miller High Life. I'm sure they weren't made with Miller but maybe boiled in Miller at some point. I still hate charcoal grills. Burnt the brats pretty badly. I'm sure it was more my fault than the grills but I still hate charcoal. They still tasted good though.

I don't care for honey mustard so they weren't all that great.

Does the Macwrap have the mac sause on it? (I know Harry that's just was a perfectly throw softball) That might not be too bad. We'll see if it makes it to the States though.

Tonight we are having some sort of Hamburger Helper. I think it might be the Manwich "flavor". We'll see how that goes. We might be going to McD's to pick something up if it's too bad.

Thats another thing! When I asked for Mcchicken sauce they said "Do you mean Bigmac Sauce?"

What the hell is that?

The Recipe For Big Mac Special Sauce
From McMenu - McDonald's Do-It-Yourself Recipes:

1/4 cup KRAFT Miracle Whip
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons, heaping, WISHBONE deluxe French salad dressing (the orange stuff)
1/2 tablespoon HEINZ sweet relish
2 teaspoons, heaping, VLASIC dill pickle relish (Heinz dill relish also works)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon dried, minced onion
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon ketchup
1/8 teaspoon salt
Mix everything very well in a small container. There better be no streaks! Microwave 25 seconds, and stir well again. Cover, and refrigerate at LEAST 1 hour before using. (to allow all of the flavors to "meld") Makes nearly 1 cup… enough for about 8 Big Macs.

From: http://www.tommcmahon.net/2004/06/the_recipe_for_.html

That is awesome smalls!! Thanks, but unfortunatly I didn't like the sauce, didn't taste too good on my fries, but good on the Mac though.

Thats another thing! When I asked for Mcchicken sauce they said "Do you mean Bigmac Sauce?"

What the hell is that?

What the hell is what??

That is awesome smalls!! Thanks, but unfortunatly I didn't like the sauce, didn't taste too good on my fries, but good on the Mac though.

You'd be surprised how many people want a cup of Big Mac sauce for their fries. Even some people that didn't order a Big Mac will get a side of the sauce for their fries. There was a time once that I hated the Big Mac sauce. Then one day my mom forgot to order my Big Mac without the sauce so I was facing the decision of eating the sandwich the way it was or going hungry. I chose to eat the sandwich. So for a week now I've liked the Big Mac sauce. :laugh: It's been just short of 20 years probably.

You'd be surprised how many people want a cup of Big Mac sauce

mlb_a_mmcgwire_300.jpg

What the hell is what??

You'd be surprised how many people want a cup of Big Mac sauce for their fries. Even some people that didn't order a Big Mac will get a side of the sauce for their fries. There was a time once that I hated the Big Mac sauce. Then one day my mom forgot to order my Big Mac without the sauce so I was facing the decision of eating the sandwich the way it was or going hungry. I chose to eat the sandwich. So for a week now I've liked the Big Mac sauce. :laugh: It's been just short of 20 years probably.

Haha that's weird, that don't serve that stuff seperatley in Canada

I made burgers and brats on the grill tonight. After working all day in a factory and then playing 9 holes of golf (and I walked, no cart); those burgers and brats smelt soooo good on the grille and I was soooo hungry.
Plus, it was such a nice day today that it seemed a shame to cook something inside. So, I cranked up the radio in the garage and sat outside grilling and jamming out. It was a great end to a near perfect day.

Its a toss up tonight between
i2dw5nf19ms0abxklO5LfyZoo1_500.jpg

The Bacone
A bacon cone filled with scrambled eggs and country gravy topped with a biscuit.
Or...
i2dw5nf19lum4wu2zUEkNfwLo1_r1_500.jpg

Potachos
Thick potato chips covered with chedder, bacon, tomatoes, onions, ketchup, chives and sour cream.

I'm heading over to your house Gas. Leave the tomatoes off of mine please!

Why would anyone use potatoe chips instead of nacho chips?!?! That's blasphemy.

Spoiler
yes, it was intentional.

"I knew John Kennedy, and you are no John Kennedy."

"I knew John Kennedy, and you are no John Kennedy."

You're old. [Yes, I get the reference--are you analogizing Harry to Dan Quayle?]

Gasman, what is your cholesterol level? Can they even register one that high?

Fundraiser last night. Fundraiser tonight. Fundraiser tomorrow night. Sigh.

Gas, where do you come up with your recipes? Fantastic! Date night tonight. My wife and I are going out for Mexican and then going to see The Killers. Haven't been to a concert in a decade. I'm sure we will be the old creepy couple standing in the corner looking way out of place. Should be fun.

Lloyd Bentsen (or something like that).

But I always thought he said Jack Kennedy, not John (I know, same person).

Lloyd Bentsen (or something like that).

But I always thought he said Jack Kennedy, not John (I know, same person).

No T in the last name--not sure (without googling) if it's Bensen or Benson, but probably the former. And I think it was Jack.

Where's the beef?

I still love that picture! Maybe I'll ask for that for my birthday dinner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back