What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeve near he shoulder. Good call TGM.

Im sure I can figure out the first thing you said after it happened too. :act-up:

I'm having a bowl full of Rold Gold pretzels for lunch!
And Diet Coke.

Friends are having a bunch of us over this evening and grilling pizzas. The wine will be plentiful. Glorious weather predicted; it should be fun.

Let me tell you about my dinner last night. I'll give you a hint: amazing! So Balducci's, a nearby overpriced high-quality grocer, is shutting down its DC location. Maybe in relation to that plan, they ran an ad in the Post for Wagyu new york strip cuts at 15.99/lb. Normally, they sell for $49.95. (Wagyu is the American version of Kobe, in a nutshell.) I was the first person in line when the store opened at 8am (I happened to be in the area at that time; I'm not that crazy about beef, I swear) and picked up 3 16oz. steaks, a nice loaf of French bread, and some really nice looking squash (squashes?). My FiL is in town, and we BBQ'd the steaks after soaking in salt/pepper/and lots of EVOO. They were really thick, but we cooked them to perfection: crusty coating, with nice bright red centers. They tasted incredible: among the five or ten best steaks I've had, if I do say so myself. To drink, we had a red wine of course, although perhaps not what you might expect: we went with a Tannat from Uruguay, which really complimented the steaks well. Anyway, it was a great dinner. :good:

Let me tell you about my dinner last night. I'll give you a hint: amazing! So Balducci's, a nearby overpriced high-quality grocer, is shutting down its DC location. Maybe in relation to that plan, they ran an ad in the Post for Wagyu new york strip cuts at 15.99/lb. Normally, they sell for $49.95. (Wagyu is the American version of Kobe, in a nutshell.) I was the first person in line when the store opened at 8am (I happened to be in the area at that time; I'm not that crazy about beef, I swear) and picked up 3 16oz. steaks, a nice loaf of French bread, and some really nice looking squash (squashes?). My FiL is in town, and we BBQ'd the steaks after soaking in salt/pepper/and lots of EVOO. They were really thick, but we cooked them to perfection: crusty coating, with nice bright red centers. They tasted incredible: among the five or ten best steaks I've had, if I do say so myself. To drink, we had a red wine of course, although perhaps not what you might expect: we went with a Tannat from Uruguay, which really complimented the steaks well. Anyway, it was a great dinner. :good:

My blood sugar must be low: I've got some wierd colon fettish going (the punctuation mark, that is).

My blood sugar must be low: I've got some wierd colon fettish going (the punctuation mark, that is).

Well that, and the fact you quoted your one minute old post! hehehe

frozen pizza

totinos-frozen-pizza.jpg

we are doing a test run on a new baby back rib recipe. We are hoping to get it right for our BBQ this Sunday. I think some Texas Toast and Baked Beans will go well on the side.

i hate this thread

I know, I haven't even heard of some of these things. I've posted things you Americans haven't heard of either..

like Lays Ketchup Chips.

and mayonnaise on hamburgers instead of ketchup? (or is it french fries?) (or is it gravy on french fries?) I FORGET!

no no! both on there.

oh. i thought they just put mayo on hamburgers up there instead of ketchup... well, what is it im thinking of that was so weird to me when i was up there? was it gravy on french fries? i forget....

To simplify: Cheese on fries, with gravy.

do they sell that in Burger King? cuz i remember something weird there

also, i was in Toronto if that means anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back