What's your 2017 Tournament Schedule?

ChristopherKee

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of you play 10 or more tournaments in a year? Also, any big tournaments you signed up for this year?

For me, I'm committing to 15 tournaments this year. Some are qualifiers. My big tourney that I'm most excited about (have to qualify) is the 104th VSGA Amateur ChampionshipTuesday-Saturday The Club at Creighton Farms, Aldie. Love multi day multi format tourneys and the 104th VSGA is stroke play and match play. Going to be awesome! I just need to qualify first!

Zero actual tournaments for me.

I am going to try to get into a few THP events and I may get into a league over the summer, but that's it.

I have a club tournament once a month. Other than that, I have no clue yet. I think it'll depend on what direction my game heads.

Playing in 3-5 golf channel amtour tourneys this year (so far) and 72-hole nationals in September buuuuut honestly I've played on that for 4 years, if I got into a THP event, THP Would easily take priority, i really want to play in one or multiple if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on how many, if any , THP events I can get into.

Currently playing in #SnellKickoff. The only other tournaments that I am currently aware of are tournaments at my home course end of April and sometime in October. Hope to get into another couple of THP events.

My member guest with lightning bolt then RR, then member guest with my old roommate in Columbia. Hopefully more to come

I played in a couple NYSGA tournaments a couple years ago but didn't enter any last year. I'll have to check their schedule this year and see if there are any courses on the list that I'd like to play.

I played in a couple NYSGA tournaments a couple years ago but didn't enter any last year. I'll have to check their schedule this year and see if there are any courses on the list that I'd like to play.
I didn't enter last year either, but did you see that they now have "Team Events?" Two person team entries at various events throughout the summer just like the one we played in at Turning Stone. They accept male, female, and mixed teams. Alyssa and I are sitting down tonight when we get back to Albany to figure out which ones we want to enter (and then I'm going to ride her coat tails ALL SUMMER long).

I didn't enter last year either, but did you see that they now have "Team Events?" Two person team entries at various events throughout the summer just like the one we played in at Turning Stone. They accept male, female, and mixed teams. Alyssa and I are sitting down tonight when we get back to Albany to figure out which ones we want to enter (and then I'm going to ride her coat tails ALL SUMMER long).
What's the format?

So, is that best score between the two?
That is correct. Players play their own ball, and the lower of the two scores for each hole is counted for the team.

I have quite a few, already have 2 in:

1/14 - 1 day club tournament:didn't place
2/4 - 1 day club tournament: 4th place
2/25 - 2/26 - 2 day club tournament
3/25 - TBA - team match play, should be 20 teams, 2 man best ball throughout
4/22 - 4/23 - NCGA qualifier at my home club
5/6 - California Regional Rivalry!
5/20 - TBA: Individual Match play, 32 players
6/4 - 4 man team Club Tournament
6/17 - NCGA net qualifier at our club
7/8 - 5 club tournament (trying to decide if I want to do this one this year)
7/29 - Jr Fundraiser Club Tournament
8/19 - 8/20: Club Championship

There is a tournament of Champions in September, hopefully I am in it after winning at least one of these club tournaments.

I have quite a few, already have 2 in:

1/14 - 1 day club tournament:didn't place
2/4 - 1 day club tournament: 4th place
2/25 - 2/26 - 2 day club tournament
3/25 - TBA - team match play, should be 20 teams, 2 man best ball throughout
4/22 - 4/23 - NCGA qualifier at my home club
5/6 - California Regional Rivalry!
5/20 - TBA: Individual Match play, 32 players
6/4 - 4 man team Club Tournament
6/17 - NCGA net qualifier at our club
7/8 - 5 club tournament (trying to decide if I want to do this one this year)
7/29 - Jr Fundraiser Club Tournament
8/19 - 8/20: Club Championship

There is a tournament of Champions in September, hopefully I am in it after winning at least one of these club tournaments.
Nice. What's your home course?

Nice. What's your home course?

Metropolitan Golf links over by the airport. Great men's club. 14 tournaments a year (a coupe are senior only) and only $90/year.

Get 1 free round plus the handicap, plus some cool swag that changes each year.

Playing in the MS gulf coast golf week am tour opener next week. Don't have a set schedule but plan to play a handful of those events.

Kicking around the idea of playing in the Greater Cleveland Am qualifier this coming season. It's at a course that I know well, it's not difficult and it would be real fun to play some competitive golf again

Kicking around the idea of playing in the Greater Cleveland Am qualifier this coming season. It's at a course that I know well, it's not difficult and it would be real fun to play some competitive golf again
Tske winchell with ya

He usually caddies for a buddy of his. Which to me is nuts because he should be playing in it
Cool id play but since there is no Hall of Fame tag on the line its kinda a waste for me

Going to play in 1, maybe 2 Golf Channel Am tour events this year, haven't ever done any of them.

Cool id play but since there is no Hall of Fame tag on the line its kinda a waste for me

Well if there is a HOF tag up for grabs that weekend I'm gonna try and win that first. I need my 5X belt buckle

Playing in our 2 Ryder Cup style tournaments, probably some MGA events and maybe the club champsionship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have 17 club tournaments this year. The first 2 were rained out. And any THP events I can get into..

Back