Which hybrid/rescue should I choose??

The 5DX was my favorite (I had the 3H-5H), though the 3dx rc was pretty nice as well. The Nickents were my hybrids of choice till the Bobby Jones took over. No real offset on the 5DX, they look pretty open at address, yet they still are easy to hit straight, so you will like that. The lofts are pretty strong on them, a club up to replace iron distances. The faces are deeper than the Bobby Jones, and so not quite a easy off thin or tough lies. Great choice though and cheap!

Vote for Mashie. After a demo with it sold my rescue and bought a Mashie

mashie, but like you said its hard to demo.. good luck in your search!

I have been testing the Taylormade R11 Rescue and have compared it to other hybrids. I would try it as well as the Mashie, those two seem to be the best hybrids out there right now.

Golf shop near me had a demo days this weekend. Was small, only 4 at a time at the range. Today I got to hit Wilson and Tour Edge. Was extremely impressed with the Wilson Fybrid and the Exotics Trilogy. Hit the irons as well, but you were asking about hybrids. These 2 clubs have me rethinking my bag setup. The Fybrid is so easy to hit and pretty darned long. The ball flight of the Fybrid is just what I am looking for.

The Trilogy's were spot on as well. What set them apart from the others (all hybrids are pretty easy to hit) was the crappy lie performance. I did observe distance loss when I worsened my lie, but I popped them out and they went straight. Ball flight was ideal with these as well. I may grab a 4H in this for a true rescue type club.

edit: I have demoed a ton of clubs this year and the only one that made me say "Wow" after I hit it was the Fybrid. Was not expecting the performance it gave.

Back