Which Is the Best Nippon Shaft For You?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nippon Shafts are becoming more popular at all levels and with a full lineup of products, it can be a bit confusing selecting which one might be right for you. Fitting is the best way, but sometimes that is not possible, so we wanted to get a run down for everybody on the different shafts available.

THP TV sat down with Nippon Shafts and had then explain the different steel shafts and who they are geared for.

I'm a big fan of the modus 105. I was fit into those in a recent fitting. By far the best feeling steel shaft I've used. I'm using graphite now but I'd put that shaft in play again in a heartbeat.

Modus 120s for me. That's what I am gaming now. Fantastic shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clear and concise explanation of the three lines.

I'm gaming the modus pro 120S, however when I hit the 125 I liked the shot profile a lot more. But I'm looking for something that will launch and maintain a shot profile similar to the C Taper S+ without the weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have loved Nippon shafts for years, and migrated from the NS Pro 1050 to the Pro Modus3 105.

Love, absolutely love the Nippon Modus lineup. The Tour 130s are such a great shaft for my swing. I moved away from them to PX after a fitting but still want to get them back into some irons some day.

Good stuff. I have used the NS Pros in several different irons and really liked them. Nice high flight with great feel.

I've got an NS Pro shaft in my pitching wedge and I really like it a lot. If I ever get those 565's in my bag, that would be the shaft I'd want.

Good info. Never spent any time with Nippon but would consider them.

Had NS Pro 950 GH in my irons before, but would love to try their new NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 for mid launch, spin and heavier weight option, really good shafts.

That was a good video. I've had the Modus 3 120's in my last two sets of irons and have really enjoyed them.

Love the NS Pro 1050. Would love to try the modus 105.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

great stuff. i'm a huge fan of nippon iron shafts. it would be cool to get a rundown of the different modus3 options since these seem to be so popular these days.

I have the 1150 ns pro in my wedges and really want to give the pro modus a try. I like the idea of the lighter 105 but not sure if they would be a best fit.

My f7's came with modus 105's and were the first Nippon shafts I've ever swung. I really like them and think the 120s might be even better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I feel like I would benefit from the modus 105 50 plus tour wins is legit confirmation of great shafts too

I have the the NS Pro 8950GH in my irons, and I love it.

I feel like I would benefit from the modus 105 50 plus tour wins is legit confirmation of great shafts too

i would like to know the breakdown of that. seems like it would be heavily skewed to the asian tours. and i thought most pga tour guys played the 125, not the 120.

Modus 3 Tour 105 in a set of Ping iE1 and really loving them. Funny thing is I went heavier shaft in my driver and lighter in the irons.

Choices

ce227ce9c8cc3954810409fe884d62a2.jpg

That’s a lot of shafts.

Back