Which piece of equipment isn't going anywhere?

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me remember if this thread has been done, but I've been here awhile and nothing springs to mind.

Anyway, we all ponder our butts off and dream of shiny new clubs for our bags.

However, my driver is as safe as you can be in a THP Tester's bag. I've hit drivers that are as good as this one, but there is just something about my set up that makes me love it. I love the performance, look, and sound of the SuperTri and the Kusala Silver just plain works for my swing. I think about lots of different clubs, but I don't have any plans on seeking a new driver. It's also the one club that I know really fits me, so I don't doubt it if I have a bad day with it.

Is there a club that you don't see leaving your bag any time soon?

Putter & Rescue 11 5h.

I like my 56* wedge. I have been using it a lot more lately.

The Mashie! I can't help it, I am in Mashie love. If anything, I may add another one!

At the moment I would have to say my Mashie, although that could change if I get selected for the Yonex testing

Everything else is replaceable

I would have said my Method 003! I love that putter, but it's out of the bag right now because of the Tour Black 9 and that is giving it a strong run for its money.

I would say my wedges. I'm really comfortable with them and with the XFT's I have some extra face plates that I can just swap in and out.

Bridgestone J38 wedge. Thing is just awesome. Great flexibility around the greens

I have yet to hit a "new" driver that I like better than my current one.
The Machspeed Black came close but not enough to drop the $$$ on...

Good question and a tough one for a Morgan Cup participate to answer to be honest. Now that the RXT's are in the bag, they'll be there for a long time.

Man, I'd love to say my C Kua shaft isn't going anywhere lol.

I don't know dude. I think once I get to point where the club has my full trust, I don't see changing it for awhile.

Great thread though.

Driver and 3w. I just can't see in the foreseeable future that I would replace these.

SeeMore Si1....just the start of a long and beautimus relationship.

Putter.....

The only club that's safe in my bag currently is the Titleist Vokey 56* wedge. I love that club, and I think the club loves me the way it's throwing balls near the pin.

A close second would be the TM ghost putter.

Driver and 3W for me. The driver is about 8 years old and the 3W is 15+. I'll replace them when I can find something I hit better. I don't have the money to replace either anyway, but if someone were to offer me a free set of clubs, these would be the last two clubs I would try and replace. Anything else in the bag I could find a replacement for without much problem.

It would be a toss up between my putter or Mashies. Everything else is take it or leave it. The driver is the most likely to be gone honestly.

Right now the answer is no. I wish I could say a club is off limits but that is just not the case.

i love my putter!

I cant wait to get my R11 - i was killing it up at olympia fields with the new shaft. it just worked - i saw great ballflight - and the best distance to date. i cant wait to get rid of my irons though.

The lobwedge isn´t going anywhere for now, so that might be the one.

My pitching wedge and my putter have helped me out in my past rounds. But if I had to choose one I'd say my PW has been one of the most consistent clubs in my bag.

Bridgestone J38 wedge. Thing is just awesome. Great flexibility around the greens

Great to hear that you love that wedge so much.

Like TC said, this is really hard for a Morgan Cup participant to say, but I'd probably say my Rescue 09 3-hybrid.

I've got 2. First my putter. If we are supposed to have 36 putts for 18 of golf, I'm doing not too bad with my last 3 rounds being in the 35 to 37 range. It sure was nice to have only 35 putts on the Champion at PGA National.

Next is my 3 wood. The new Cleveland is amazing. I've never had a club I was so excited about. I love just drilling the long ball with it. I hit it and it just goes and goes and goes!! I'm getting more length out of it than my driver! That club is going no where!!

Back