Who makes the Best and Worst driver adapter?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Personally the best is Callaway dual cog and its not really close because the shaft doesn't turn which, I'm really not sure why others haven't tried something similar.

Anyways who makes the worst adapter and why is it Titleist?

I definitely agree it’s titleist. I don’t want to have to search for a conversion chart when I want to make a tweak.

Nike's adapter was still the best.

I think Cobra for me. It's easy to understand and easy to install because it's one piece (no ferrule).

Oddy enough Honma might be near the top too. Their change comes on the sole of the club with a dial. Keeps the presentation clean on the hosel. They lose points for it not being as clear what setting you are on.

Now for the worst...I don't care for Titleist because you need a damn chart to figure it out. Srixons has gotten significantly better thanks to no more square wrench. They used to take that mantle of worst.

• Admin
Nike's adapter was still the best.

I think Cobra for me. It's easy to understand and easy to install because it's one piece (no ferrule).

Oddy enough Honma might be near the top too. Their change comes on the sole of the club with a dial. Keeps the presentation clean on the hosel. They lose points for it not being as clear what setting you are on.
I do agree Cobra's is pretty good and would be 2nd best on my list, no ferrule is nice and it is easy to understand but the turning of the shaft is a bit annoying, especially when using Align grips haha.

I do agree Cobra's is pretty good and would be 2nd best on my list, no ferrule is nice and it is easy to understand but the turning of the shaft is a bit annoying, especially when using Align grips haha.

I fat fingered my post but went back to edit the worst part too haha.

Align grips, yeah they help Callaway a lot by not moving orientation

As much as you need a manual to make Titleist work even as a Titleist homer, it's still pretty damn good.

Hard not to give it to Callaway though. No twist is a great thing. That said, I cannot tell you how many people I've seen anchor it wrong and not line up the little white dashes hahahaha

Cobra for me. Its definitely a downside that the shaft turns when you make an adjustment, but its easy to use and isn't huge. Some of the larger adapters I have to wonder if all of that mass is causing a sacrifice in performance somewhere down the line.

Nike still made the best ever.

Srixon’s old one was the worst ever, square freaking screw. Worst now? Probably TM’s to me.

1. Cobra
2. Callaway
3. Mizuno

haven't tried any others

Callaway and Hogan are best I have used.

Worst - any adapter that changes the shaft orientation

The old Ping's I have used the adaptor was really small so that is a plus.

Nike still made the best ever.

Srixon’s old one was the worst ever, square freaking screw. Worst now? Probably TM’s to me.
TM more confusing that Titleist? You need a manual to figure that one out haha

Callaway and Hogan are best I have used.

Worst - any adapter that changes the shaft orientation

Hogan? Interesting. I have struggled a bit with their adapter. Sticking in spots and overall quality. But I have heard that is fixed.

Hogan? Interesting. I have struggled a bit with their adapter. Sticking in spots and overall quality. But I have heard that is fixed.

I haven't expereinced any issues like that over the 3 years I have been using them. The only other 2 OEM drivers with adapters, besides Callaway, that I have owned are Tour Edge and Mizuno and the changing shaft orientation when changing settings drove me nuts.

Callaway is the best because of the shaft issue with others. I didn’t know what I was missing when I went from Callaway to Cobra and assumed others were made the same.

Best:

Callaway
Titleist
Cobra

Don't have a ton of experience with some others, the Mizuno is ok, but hate that it twists the orientation.

The best of the ones I've used is Callaway hands down. I don't know why other OEMs haven't figured out a way to do it without rotating the shaft. Cobra is the most straightforward of the rotating options that I've tried.

I am not a fan of TM adapters and I also found the PING adapter a little odd the first time I tried to get it aligned properly, but after that it was fine.

Manual or not, I like the Titleist adapter. I just keep a snapshot of it on my phone. I've never used one from Callaway. Any that turns the shaft for me is a miss.

I have to agree with everyone regarding the Callaway adapter as the best due the shaft orientation staying the same no matter what setting it’s on. As for the worst, I’m not sure how I would pick as all the ones that rotate are all very similar in the way they work just look a bit different? At that point do you pick based on size/weight?

How would you rate a Cobra adapter over say TM or Ping? Genuinely curious.

Also I see a few mentions that Nike had a great adapter but I have never used one but remember them possibly being bulky? Could be totally wrong on that but what made them so good?

Manual or not, I like the Titleist adapter. I just keep a snapshot of it on my phone. I've never used one from Callaway. Any that turns the shaft for me is a miss.
Does the Titleist one not turn the shaft? I haven't seen one in quite a while I can't remember

Does the Titleist one not turn the shaft? I haven't seen one in quite a while I can't remember
As long as you only change the top A-D, It doesn't. I think it does when you change 2-4. Fortunately for me I only changed to B1. I could be wrong on this tho 😁

Last edited:
Not too crazy about the Callaway cause I never could remember what the settings are, but I do like the Cobra adapter as it is very simple to set.

Callaway is the best. No movement of the shaft so grip and shaft stay exactly how you want them. Also easy to understand.

Worst I would say is Titleist because it's confusing as hell. At least on the other ones that move the shaft, you still know how much you're adjusting.

If the sticking is fixed then that’s HUGE. I battled that terribly in the two drivers I reviewed.

I do also love Nike's adapter. Still have a Nike club in the bag

Back