Who was the first THPer you met?

camden_kid

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Who was the first THPer you met in person and what were the circumstances?

I haven't met anyone yet but I look forward to doing so in the future.

Last edited:
Still haven’t met anyone. I’ve been here less than 6 months though. I’m hoping to change that next season by getting out and playing with Ohio-THP.

I’ve only met the people from the mizuno experience, first was @Desmond who I picked up from the airport.

hope to meet many more.

I met mr.hicksta to buy a club off of him. Big surprise there. I also played a round with golffinnut and another THPer whose username I can’t remember. All 3 were good guys to meet.

@#Cookie who used to be a big part of the community. Miss him dearly.

Drove to Dallas having never met him, then rode with him and his kids to Austin to play in a THP Tour Van stop.

Met @V14_Heels so he could try some driver shafts I have. Other than that, I have never met anyone from THP. I look forward to meeting some THP folks.

I met @Johnny mojo, but I didn't know he was a THPer until a few days later 😆
We got randomly paired at Tobacco Road one day and a few days later something was said on a forum thread that made him put 2 and 2 together that he was paired with PackersGirl and myself.

The first THPer I met knowingly would be @billyh and @MWard. Oddly enough also at tobacco road. Met @Jeff Spicoli briefly that day too.

Pretty sure TeedUpThoughts & I got together for a round at his home course before I met a lot of the other MA/RI members of the forum.

I have not yet met a THP Forum member. That will change in a couple of weeks.

I believe my first was @Jman @MH and @H8tobogie at the airport in Atlanta on our way to an Experience We rented an Excursion and headed out together

Still haven’t met anyone. I’ve been here less than 6 months though. I’m hoping to change that next season by getting out and playing with Ohio-THP.
If you are not afraid on fall or winter golf shoot me a note, we can fix this

Technically it was @choppstixxx but I met him before I even knew there was a THP site. Beyond that, after I joined the site, has to be the man, the myth, the go-kart legend himself, @BigDill

The first THPer I met was @SkiBumGolfer earlier this year. We played at my home course in chilly temps and wind so strong that I lost a few shingles on my house and it was hard to hear each other talk 😳

Who was the first THPer you met in person and what were the circumstances?

I haven't met anyone yet but I look forward to doing so in the future.
The first ones I met are no longer on here, but we had arranged to meet up for a round whilst I was down south visiting family

There are still a group of us who keep in touch as we used to organise our own annual UK gathering with folks coming from all over the UK to play - hopefully once things settle down again we might be able to look at starting them up again as we haven't had one for the last couple of years now due to circumstances beyoned everyones control

@Wildcat4life @Putterbutter & @j_sizzle9 all at the same time when I arrived at our VRBO in Savannah, Ga for the 2019 Titleist Experience. A little later @Carolina Dundee & @slimjim32. I talk to most of these guys almost regularly. We always talk about how crazy it is that a group of strangers, who would probably never cross paths, come together for a THP Experience and leave lifelong friends. Special place this is.

The first THPer I met was @SkiBumGolfer earlier this year. We played at my home course in chilly temps and wind so strong that I lost a few shingles on my house and it was hard to hear each other talk 😳

Yeah that was sure interesting! Overall a fun day though. We need to play again at some point!

Back