• Not Sure, Maybe?

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Delayed a year, but big money behind it. And huge stars involved.

Someone close to it is fairly confident, but then again he has to be. Im excited for it

I voted "Not sure, Maybe?" as I just see to many obstacles in the way. After the setbacks, and the entire year delay vs a few months, I just have no idea if the driving force behind it still really cares or not.

I think it dies before it starts.

Probably, but it'll be a bust, no interest and without the support of every golf fan I don't see this going anywhere, there aren't tons of screen golf fans waiting in the weeds.

Kind of in the I dunno camp- feel like there's good names and money behind it but can they get it across the finish line.

Last I looked they had not even released all of the team members - hard to have a new thing when you don't even have a roster.

A lot of money potentially backing it so it’ll start up but don’t know if it will be a hit or make money.

With the money poured into it, I feel like it has to happen.

I can see the result going one of two ways. The product is a let down which is why it has been delayed so many times or the product is perfect and the delays end up being worth it.

However I do wonder if the delays are weening interest in the league and if they just give up at some point.

PGA and LIV will merge and TGL never gets off the ground.

I don’t think so. The “merger” in whatever form it takes will knock what little steam this thing has out of it.

In the not sure maybe camp. Not feeling any intrigue.

If there is money to be made it will happen and I think there is money to be made.

I’m in the not sure but hope so camp. I was looking forward to it. Over the top sim golf. Hoping it gives us a better look into the players than tour coverage.

Too much invested already to derail it before it begins. I can't imagine it lasts long after starting though

I feel like a lot of the excitement that did exist around it disappeared quickly...curious to see what comes of it, and hope it is something fun and different, but feeling like it's going to be a fast fad

Not sure, maybe for me. But perhaps I read too much into delay.

Will it be getting OWGR?

Okay, I'm leaving.

I think as long as Tiger doesn’t have a setback that would keep him from playing in this it will happen. If Tiger has to bow out and the merger happens it could die on the vine.

given all the money behind it I cannot see how it wouldn't happen. I still don't get the concept and how they plan to make money because it is basically glorified SIM golf.

I think this has a chance with being winter and prime time it might catch on.

This is from yesterday. They are planning for it to happen

Eh... I don't know. Maybe?

It's not a lock that it succeeds, or fails for that matter. It'll be interesting to see I'll say that.

I imagine it being just as much of a thing as summertime game shows that take over network TV when nobody is watching.

I think, with the money invested, it will get off the ground. However, I don't think it lasts as long as the time frame from when it was announced to the time they actually start playing. In the end, I think they're all going to look back and say "WTF were we thinking"?

It has to right?

Back