Wilson DYNAPWR Drivers

Thrillbilly Jim

Naysayer Trendsetter
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
Wilson’s new DYNAPWR drivers. This has been in the works for a while. Gary Woodland was seen testing a “Wilson Labs” Proto driver in the past. Thoughts? Interested to see the differences between the standard and Carbon models.
A9B7B164-A57A-4689-B9E9-B4C407807079.jpeg6C72F1FF-36ED-452F-95E9-A0FE63AAAACC.jpeg

I must confess I’ve got a soft spot for Wilson I like a lot of their gear. It’ll be interesting to see what they SAY the difference between carbon and standard is and what the ACTUAL difference is in testing.

It's a "meh" from me. Their drivers are consistently underwhelming. Granted, early B&W pics aren't much to get excited about, but history shows this probably won't be that great.

And I say that as someone who's had D100 and D7 drivers, and still has D200 irons in the bag.

I am hopeful. They look like they mimicked some of the more popular companies in the shaping and design, which should make people happy.

Another luke-warm first reaction from a W/S fan. Hope it looks better in the flesh. They need driver to perform to get folks to pay attention. Don't need to start another whats wrong with Wilson thread so I will leave it there.

Are these photos from the conforming list? Because they are awful and doing Wilson no favors haha

OMG, I just went on the conforming list for the first time. SOOOO many drivers..... and I cant seem to hit any of them. LOL.

They should abandon all but irons imo. Sorry to say it.

This is the only Wilson I approve of:

When a club goes on the conforming list is the USGA approving the size and dimensions of the club. Also, do they approve the graphics or could they be changed in production.

They should abandon all but irons imo. Sorry to say it.

Yep. They'll never be able to take driver market share from the big dogs like Taylormade and Titleist. Those guys just have too much of an R&D moat at this point. And newer companies like Tour Edge and PXG are there to compete with Wilson on price.

They should just save whatever money they are spending into developing drivers and put it towards their irons and golf balls.

Possibly a changeable weight in the back? Doesnt look like it has a ton of tech in it just from the pics, we shall see.

Once Wilson took on Manolo all creditably went down the drain. Desperate company

Agree that these photos aren't doing Wilson any favors...almost look like an older release, BUT I would love to see another surprising and compelling entry or two in the driver market.

Not a fan of the looks, especially the bright red Dynapower. If they perform, then looks can be forgiven.

The looks are just meh from those photos

Looks like a PXG driver from the crown. Not a lot of shelf appeal here. Love then W/S logo and model name though.
8751FC4D-11EC-44A4-864C-42DD41ACBA48.jpeg8C58413C-E482-4008-AB32-6163E2AFE7F9.jpegD8CBFE52-A528-489C-8B2C-EA31793762AA.jpeg87F72C74-4737-4AD4-80C8-7035A289C982.jpegF4184F05-E6B8-4020-824D-B8412AC8C24A.jpeg9EF182A5-0D3E-418E-91B0-BA1876A47261.jpeg

It is what we saw Brandon Steele trying out on the range at the Arnold Palmer event. Not as bad as I feared. When compared to new Titleist and Mizuno drivers it's not the same game.

That doesn't look so bad. I like sticking with their classic red/black color scheme. However I just don't have high hopes for the feel/performance given their driver track record.

It looks better than I thought it would. Changeable weight is nice in the back. I wonder how it sounds because Wilson has made some rough sounding drivers, also wonder how it performs. Is it "good for the money" or does it perform?

I guess one can hope that the trend they are on with tennis, ball gloves and other categories will show up in golf. Even their apparel, which I saw in their Chicago retail store looks great and is very well made. If this doesn't work I would except management changes. They have tried most everything else.

Cool. It might be worth looking at. I'll wait for THP reviews though. I hope they advertise this better than some of their earlier golf stuff like the baller box

sadly this does nothing for me. I wish they stuck with the CF crown they used on the Cortex. Also, I think it's crazy to think that the Cortex has been their most visually appealing in a long time.
I really liked the looks of the Cortex.

Back