Wilson Staff FG V4 IRONS

Would love to hear some comparisons to the V2's and these.

He's a legit teaching PGA pro and has been playing cavity back blade style irons for most of the last 20 years. He's a master of understatement but tells me the XR Pro's are the real deal - 12-15 yards longer and more forgiving than his Apex Pros. I'm a skeptic but will happy to take his XR's for a couple round test drive to find out.

I think these are a step backwards in looks from the V2's as well, but that tungsten insert probably does awesome things for the ball flight and forgiveness.
Are these in line with the Apex Pro or AP2 performance wise?

I wish every set utilized tungsten.

WS_FGTourV4_Iron_Tungsten

I mean....c'mooooooooon!? So pretty.

Im dying to try these out as well.

~Rock
Sooooo want to spend some time with these!
I'll be hitting these friday with the guys from Wilson at my local shop... Trying to fit my #THPLegacy game, I know I'm not good enough for those, but I'm damn sure gonna try lol
I'll be hitting refresh on this thread starting Friday, then! We need thoughts and pics, Jed!
I wish every set utilized tungsten.
Tungsten is one of the reasons I can game clubs like the V4s, AP2s, Apex Pros, etc. A little launch help? Yes, please.

These clubs were so nice to hit in October -
I almost do not want to try again, as my current irons are treating me very well!!

I think these are a step backwards in looks from the V2's as well, but that tungsten insert probably does awesome things for the ball flight and forgiveness.
Are these in line with the Apex Pro or AP2 performance wise?
Agreed for aesthetics, hoping the tungsten improves the launch though. Still a great looking iron though!

These irons look so much better in hand. I haven't tried them yet but have looked at them but had to put them down before I spent money haha.

I still think my FG V2's are prettier. I'm just not a big fan of the copper color accents. Either way, I'm pretty sure I'm going with a set of the Callaway XR Pro's. I'm waiting for my buddy to get his set so I can play a round or two with them to make sure they live up to the hype. If not, I'll be happy playing my V2's for another 5 years.

Perhaps with enough demand Wilson will release a version with badging that is solid black background. The V2s are quite handsome irons\, I wish I had the skills to game them.

I guess I'm a minority, I think these look better than the V2's by a good stretch.

I would threaten to wrestle you for that remark, but I went 0-10 my only season as a wrestler.

I would threaten to wrestle you for that remark, but I went 0-10 my only season as a wrestler.

I could take you.

I guess I'm a minority, I think these look better than the V2's by a good stretch.

I agree. I like these much more than the V2's.

FWIW, I agree with you, but we are in the minority.

I just don't like the mustard color on it. Outside of that, they look really good.

Yea it's mainly just that little stripe of color, but is a tiny, tiny thing. They are still eye catchers.

I have always liked that the W/S players irons have that little extra sole width. I do launch the heck out of them though, so I wonder how they'd stack up for me there with these having the tungsten weight.

Yea it's mainly just that little stripe of color, but is a tiny, tiny thing. They are still eye catchers.

I have always liked that the W/S players irons have that little extra sole width. I do launch the heck out of them though, so I wonder how they'd stack up for me there with these having the tungsten weight.

I know you're like me, LOVE tungsten.

yup, that's my only qualm with them. They would still look really good in the bag. These will be hit at the demo day when all the snow melts. Mainly because I love the W/S folks that make it up here for that.

Simple and effective for sure.

Worst case, could always do the RocketBladez paint job with some black if one was so inclined. That made those irons a lot nicer to look at.

I'm personally hoping the Tungsten helps me launch the ball a bit higher in those long and mid irons. In theory, it should. But at the same time, everyone said the 'slot' in TM irons would help launch the ball higher. I saw that in the SpeedBlades, but not in any of the more compact Player sized heads. The TP MC or even TP CB heads were no improvement over my current irons (distance or launch angle).

Looking forward to giving these a swing in the near future.

~Rock

I still can't make up my mind on the looks. Brand new in hand, they are stunning. I am a little worried about what they would look like after a year or two of play. Most of the V2s I have seen don't look so hot once bag chatter gets its ugly hands on them. I would legit consider getting one of those Kahma bags if I had these irons. Not sure, but maybe the Nexus cart bag could help them stand up to it.

If they are anything like the V2's, they will be beat the hell up after a year or two. Cavity stayed very nice, but they picked up a boatload of chatter.

If they are anything like the V2's, they will be beat the hell up after a year or two. Cavity stayed very nice, but they picked up a boatload of chatter.

Thats my concern. Was the nice thing about the M3's, they wore REALLY nicely. Even the finish did.

Yea, it's sad to look at them sometimes, but that's how it goes I suppose. That soft, buttery, forged goodness and all :)

Yea, it's sad to look at them sometimes, but that's how it goes I suppose. That soft, buttery, forged goodness and all :)

Yep. The price you pay for beautiful forged irons is quickly fading beauty. The only irons I have ever had that still looked brand new after a couple years of use were Pings.

Back