Wilson Staff Killer Whale

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had this one for a long time, and it is fun watching people test it out. Last night @Canadan gave it a rip in the Tech Studio

I was hoping they were re-releasing the Killer Whale next year, when I saw this thread!

The Firestick shaft was so mean!

• Admin
I was hoping they were re-releasing the Killer Whale next year, when I saw this thread!

They should...but yeah won’t.

This took me back to middle school

That takes me back, I used to have one of these. Loved it

Classic. Think about how hard John Daly was hitting this thing to carry it as far as he did.

Blast from the past! My golf coach in college let me use this club in our conference championship (Southern Maine Technical College not exactly the SEC). Hit it really well that day too, remember the red shaft really stood out.

Nice blast from the past!

I had a Whale Drive in the 90's that - was awesome

I remember gaming that sucker back in the day.

When I saw the thread title that was my first thought, too. My second thought was "Well, this will move the needle for a a certain segment of golfers".

My old golfer signal went off. Commissioner Gordon told me there's a club in here that I'd recognize. Yep.
That shaft always throws me, and I think I'm looking at an old Accra shaft.

My old golfer signal went off. Commissioner Gordon told me there's a club in here that I'd recognize. Yep.
That shaft always throws me, and I think I'm looking at an old Accra shaft.
This is the Firestick graphite shaft.

This is the Firestick graphite shaft.
Which year was the Whale from? Trying to remember if I was playing a Steehead Plus 10º with a "firm" stock cally graphite at the time, and stock grip with a thumbhole pressure spot worn through down to the graphite? :ROFLMAO:

It came out in 1991

It came out in 1991
Oh lordy. I couldn't even afford the Steelhead yet. :ROFLMAO: My clubs then were the size of persimmon and made of steel.
That club looked like Paradise on a stick to me.
Were you nervous the prepeg would give way when your friend swung it?

This is awesome!

I had a killer whale driver for a bit. Found it at a garage sale. I would take it to the range for fun. Then the head cracked. 😭

i played with a guy, a while back that was hitting persimmons, and damn...he was out driving us from the blue tees with it and it sounded great.

I trust you did it right, one gets one swing only with that. After it’s posted then you can try to make amends.

You could give Canadan a stick of gum and it’s wrapper and he’d stripe it 280+....

I always wanted one... or a Kool Kat corker.

Back