Windermere Country Club

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday got a chance to play Windermere Country Club with GG, biggsy, and Mrs. biggsy. Its a course that we were told had a great layout, but it has been closed for the past 6 months as they redid all of the greens and all of the bunkers.

The entry to get to the course winds through a nice neighborhood and we arrived and were greeted by the cart attendant who loaded up the two carts. He told us the greens were still really hard, but the course was coming in nicely.

After paying, we were shown the way to the range where we hit a bunch of balls while we waited to tee off. Love places that use complimentary range balls for golfers. Its a nice added touch that costs little and makes people happy.

We teed off on #10 and by the time we made the turn, knew we liked the courses layout quite a bit. It had some small hills, and tricky approach shots. What we did learn is that while the attendant told us the greens were rock hard, we should have listened more carefully. They were ROCKS! It was hard to judge distances because nothing was sticking, but personally I absolutely love that. Plus, my chipping and short game was really working out well as I was routinely long after hitting the green and bouncing over. But the chips were all saving me.

When we made the turn and got to #1 we quickly learned how much we were enjoying it. It is like the tale of two nines. The front 9 is a very different layout. Larger greens with far more elevation changes through the fairway and on the greens. I thought the front 9 (our back 9) was one of the most enjoyable layouts I had played in a while. Just a fun round of golf with plenty of places to lose strokes, while at the same time, plenty of places to make them back.

Overall, the course is definitely worth a shot. It still has a few issues with ground under repair, but very few and the courses layout more than makes up for it. What a fun day of golf.

awesome, i'm gonna play it one day!

Sounds like a great course and very nice time with the Biggsy's. Glad you enjoyed it.

Definitely one of the courses I want to play especially since they have some good deals going on right now. Glad you guys had some fun!

This was a very fun course to play. I got my second birdie ever out there on the par 5 15th hole. I remembered to save the ball this time and mark it. Of course I blew up on the next hole with an 8 but I guess that's what happens sometimes. I couldn't get over how hard and fast those greens were. JB is right once the ball hit the greens they rolled forever. I made sure to use less club on all my approach shots.

There aren't a ton of homes surrounding the course which was kind of nice because you don't often see that with a lot of the Florida courses.

Last edited:
Woohoo GG! Way to go!

This was a very fun course to play. I got my second birdie ever out there on the par 5 15th hole. I remembered to save the ball this time and mark it. Of course I blew up on the next hole with an 8 but I guess that's what happens sometimes. I couldn't get over how hard and fast those greens were. JB is right once the ball hit the greens they rolled forever. I made sure to use less cloud on all my approach shots.

There aren't a ton of homes surrounding the course which was kind of nice because you don't often see that with a lot of the Florida courses.

Sounds like a great tract. Hope to play it one day.

I think my buddy is a member there. I think. If its the one Im thinking he told me about, thats awesome, small world.

Glad you had a good time.

• Admin
Looks like I am playing here again on the 20th of next month with one of the people that helped us find this house. Looking forward to another shot at it.

Looks like I am playing here again on the 20th of next month with one of the people that helped us find this house. Looking forward to another shot at it.

*scopes calendar for availability on the 20th* haha

how about some pics this time man?

*scopes calendar for availability on the 20th* haha

how about some pics this time man?

Yeah, I will have to do that. We did not have the camera with us this time.

Yeah, I will have to do that. We did not have the camera with us this time.

understandably so. more pressing issues at hand other than taking pics of a golf course.

TC. What does Ash-Vegas mean?

Playing here again today with a Golf Channel buddy. Looking forward to it. Love the layout and hopefully it is kind to me today.

Enjoy JB!

Hope you enjoy it just as much as last time! or more!

Played 18 today with Scotty from Golf Channel and as usual, it was a blast. He is a great guy to play with and unlike last time, I actually won.

I only took a few pics.

44cf65e5-9915-5b2f.jpg

44cf65e5-992b-fc6d.jpg

44cf65e5-9943-5a68.jpg

Beautiful pics JB! It looks like an awesome track and good luck GG with your round next Wednesday. I was going to say tomorrow but today is Wednesday :confused2:

Nice Pics JB. Glad you enjoyed it and showed the GC how it's done :)

Enjoy your round next week too GG.

I'm happy to hear someone is playing some golf...glad you had a good time JB. It's funny you posted this. I was wondering earlier today if you ever got a chance to make up the round you had to cancel.

Yeah, we got in our make up round today. Fun time out there chatting about the industry overall and life in general. he is truly a great guy to play golf with and our games are very similar score wise. Hopefully we will get out again next week as well for the rubber match. He won at Bella Collina and I won at Windermere CC, so we need a decider.

Yeah, we got in our make up round today. Fun time out there chatting about the industry overall and life in general. he is truly a great guy to play golf with and our games are very similar score wise. Hopefully we will get out again next week as well for the rubber match. He won at Bella Collina and I won at Windermere CC, so we need a decider.
Sounds like fun. Do you play stroke or match?

Back