Worst Golf Course You Have Ever Played

Tara Greens in Franklin NJ.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Deer Pass on the corner of 71 and 76 in Seville, OH. My buddy and I played one time and it was one time too many.

Dont remember the name of the place but it was in Marco Island, FL. Complete mud pit with gnats and modquitos EVERYWHERE. Absolutely horrendous.

Rolling Knolls Country Club in Elgin, IL

You hit off a mat over trees to a small green on number 9. It was brutal, I think they shut down.

FDR in South Philly gets my vote. Especially in the Summer.

Stweart Peninsula in The Colony, TX. Its a 9 hole course that they converted into 18. There are 2 sets of tee boxes next to each other hitting into 1 fairway then into 2 connected greens. Not only do you have to wait for the group playing the hole in front of you but also for the group playing the corresponding hole on the backside of the course...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

Woodbine in Homer Glen, IL. It's a farm field with no cart paths. If it rains forget it, the whole course is a pool.

Some of these sound terrible guys haha would love to see some pics.

Gamblers Ridge in Cream Ridge NJ. Course wasn't in horrible shape but the golfers just pushed it over the top to make it feel that bad. After 5 hrs and only getting 14 in my father and I just couldn't take it any longer and left. We called the pro shop about the slow play from the 13th and they said, "What do you want us to do about it". Umm, maybe get a ranger out there? Just an idea.

Tara Greens in Franklin NJ.

I haven't heard of that one though it should be near me. Maybe I'll try it! Haha.

There arent many "terrible" courses in my area, but, one of the ones that struggles the most is "Sarasota Golf Club", the course Azinger grew up playing and still holds the course record. Back in the day, it was a popular course, but with the rest of the courses growing and getting bigger it got pushed aside.

Reason I say is it's the "worst" is because when the renovated a few years back, in order to raise their rating/slope, they simply decided to make the greens about 1/2 the size. It annoyed me.

Is that meant to be a serious course though?

Sure. Just ask anyone in the league down there, or the 2 pros they have running lessons. Design and conditions are deplorable though.

I haven't heard of that one though it should be near me. Maybe I'll try it! Haha.

It's just south side of new Brunswick on 27. 9 hole crapfest

Bergen Point, Babylon, NY. Geese **** littered the fairways, and the sand traps were harder than the cart paths
Sent from my Windows 8 Phone

Deer Pass on the corner of 71 and 76 in Seville, OH. My buddy and I played one time and it was one time too many.

Agree with this..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A little course outside of Independence, KS. They actually have chickens and goats walking around the club house and hopping on the carts, the only grass is weeds and tiny little greens. Too bad as the layout is really pretty nice, but damn goats.

A little course outside of Independence, KS. They actually have chickens and goats walking around the club house and hopping on the carts, the only grass is weeds and tiny little greens. Too bad as the layout is really pretty nice, but damn goats.

I once played a course that had a live in donkey. I kid you not. It was a 9 hole course (but not par 3) that you'd just pay for the number of 9s that you wanted to play. Legend has it that my dad once played 54 there in a day.

I have played plenty of bad courses but the ones that stand out weren't because of course conditions, it is the people and how they treat you that leaves a bad taste in my craw. Good people can turn a crappy course into at least a decent experience. attitude is the key

I once played a course that had a live in donkey. I kid you not. It was a 9 hole course (but not par 3) that you'd just pay for the number of 9s that you wanted to play. Legend has it that my dad once played 54 there in a day.

I guess they get a write off for another lawn mower, hehe.

One course near where I live, Spring Valley Golf Course, is a pretty good goat track. Par 68 4,162 yds from the tips (9 holes played twice). It is actually kind of a fun and frustrating course to play as it is so narrow, but there are several par 4s under 230 yds from the back tees. It is definitely different than any course I have ever played. They also have a disc golf course that inter-twines with the regular golf course.

Scorecard
Spoiler
course_scorecard.jpg

These is a course in my area called Rose Ridge. It's $20 for 18 and a cart. Cash only business no CC whatsoever. They leave the carts outside all year round. The front 9 is short, tight and the greens are hard as concrete. Yet the back 9 has some beautiful holes and the greens are much better. I think it's owned by old time gangsters, the guy behind the register almost always has a Adidas track suit on. But for $20 I play there a lot.

i guess it depends what you mean by worst course. the worst actual track is my 9 hole course i played as a beginner, but it was $10 and i expected the bad layout, poor conditions, goose poop infested greens, and unfixed pitch marks. But i also feel like golf needs these courses that people can just go, practice, learn etiquette for a cheap price.

luckily i haven't had too many cases of bad customer service. i know i did, but i'm pretty sure i just never went there again and blocked it from memory:bulgy-eyes:

Back