Would you buy a haunted house?

wubears71

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.1 GHIN
There is a house a few blocks from us that I considered buying years ago. At the time, it had lots of potential and a huge lot. Then, I found the back story.

The current owners have it on the market and I know that they are selling it at a loss. I wonder if the haunting had something to do with it.

Would you buy a “haunted” house?

Oh hell naw. Nope nope nope. I wouldn’t even do a tear down and rebuild.

I’ve watched all of Supernatural, just find the object he’s bound to and burn it. You’re good. 😜

The movie Paranormal Activity got me bugging one night. We went to see it and couldn’t sleep. I went out in the living room to watch TV and wouldn’t stop hearing things. So dumb! 😂

I am out!

I would have to *really* love the house. Not that I'm overly concerned about haunting, but it would be a hinderance if I needed/wanted to move later.

Paging @OldandStiff didn't you already have an encounter at a bed and breakfast or something last year?

Nope. Not me. No way.

Paging @OldandStiff didn't you already have an encounter at a bed and breakfast or something last year?
I'd ask you to be more specific since my wife makes us visit haunted places everywhere we go 😆, but I think you might be referring to this ghosty one earlier this year.

I'm pretty friendly and know how to fix up old houses well so by my thinking any ghosts in the house should like me. I'm in.

That’s a no from me. Haven’t you seen paranormal activity??

My MIL died in our home in MI. From then until we moved we would occasionally hear noises that couldn’t be explained. Both of us as well as all animals accounted for. One of us would look at the other and say, “Hi, Olive!”

I'd ask you to be more specific since my wife makes us visit haunted places everywhere we go 😆, but I think you might be referring to this ghosty one earlier this year.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yep that's it. That creepy kid is forever burned into my memory and now that I clicked on that darn thread again I'll probably have a nightmare about the devil spawn. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah after reading that linked article I don’t think there’s any way I would buy that place. Sheesh!

My wife claims we have ghosts and spirits in our current old a$$ house. I never have seen or sensed any signs of it and we have been here about 14 years. She believes and likes that stuff but I don't buy it and never have. So, yes, we would be all in for different reasons.

If it was a house I liked, and somewhere I wanted to live, it wouldn't bother me. My wife on the other hand would be a hard no. She worked as a bartender years ago at a place that was haunted, the Vineyard House in Coloma, CA. They had turned the place into a really nice Bed and Breakfast, the restaurant was one of the nicest around, and the bar was in the basement, which had jail cells in it from back in the gold rush days. The place had been featured in newspapers and magazines, and in an episode of Leonard Nimoy's In Search of...., so was a well known haunted place to go to, and they did huge business every Halloween. My wife swears she had ghostly experiences while working there, so no way would she even look at a place that was supposed to be haunted.

Despite the deal, I don't think I could bring myself to buy it. I dislike it enough when weird noises etc happen in regular homes.... I don't need it happening in a haunted house lol.

I ain't superstitious...

But no ******* way.

Heck no Im gone, Im outta there , Im not in there in the first place.
Even those who do beleive and or have experience paranormal stuff ...it is said its not all scary but can be either good or bad stuff. I can tell of a couple crazy things myself Ive experienced or those close to me have. None of which was bad/scary per say.
But iether way can make the hair on your neck stand up. I want no no par of that. No thanks. See ya.

Back