Would you squat to tee?

Parrot

2025 Worldwide Golf Championship - Team ?????
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Because of my back, I tee my ball much as you might imagine a very young child would. Rather than lean on my club and bend over, as is the usual, I squat down with my club extended low and forward/to the side of me. When I first started doing it a few years ago, the guys were like, "ok, that’s a new one." But they knew why and were just ribbing me.

And one of the guys usually hooks me up. We play the same tee at a prescribed height. When he goes first, he’ll just leave his tee in the ground for me and I’ll trade him mine. Prop the ball and go sure is better on the back, all courses should have Daves.

Because of my back, I tee my ball much as you might imagine a very young child would. Rather than lean on my club and bend over, as is the usual, I squat down with my club extended low and forward/to the side of me. When I first started doing it a few years ago, the guys were like, "ok, that’s a new one." But they knew why and were just ribbing me.

Just tell them it gets you 10 more yards.

Do what you have to do but I don't see myself doing this anytime soon.

As an avid fan and wearer of the 8” Puma Dealer shorts, I support anything that allows me to highlight my glutes a bit. So I am for this method, and will be adopting it for the Morgan Cup.

You’re welcome Team Paradise.

I have zero issue with it as I have done it when my lower back was really bothering me.

When my back is wonky, I definitely squat if needed.

Absolutely! Have used this method several times to finish a round when the back acts up. Flair the knees out and let the hips drop straight down. Makes for a nice stretch if you hold it for a second or two, which also doesn't make it seem as odd.

Don't know why I don't do it more often as it is much less stress on the back. Same as for when taking the ball out of the cup.

As a degenerative disc disease sufferer, I may try this and see if it helps.

Only if I had the same back issues

Not that weird, I’ll keep that in mind for when the back gets tight.

As an avid fan and wearer of the 8” Puma Dealer shorts, I support anything that allows me to highlight my glutes a bit. So I am for this method, and will be adopting it for the Morgan Cup.

You’re welcome Team Paradise.
🤮

I do it occasionally, especially on par 3s. It really does make sense, enough for me to wonder why on earth we do it the "conventional" way at all aside from some idea of it not looking gentlemanly or something.

Yup I do that now

I will admit that I read the thread title not really paying attention and was expecting a much different article. However, this method makes a lot of sense.

Yes. I don't know why this is anything to even report on.

Quite a few of the older guys in my league do that already. It's not that weird

Interesting, when my back pain was extreme I had to squat, now that my pain has moderated I don’t. I’m not getting any younger and need to get back to squatting.

I don’t know why I’m not doing this….yet.
It just makes sense.

Back