Your Favorite Hole in Your State

Wow fun thread!
There are so many phenomenal golf holes (and courses) in B.C. it's going to take some serious pondering before I commit to one. @manhattan01 any ideas?

First one that comes to mind is #8 at Tobiano.

That...is a beauty for sure. Just wish I played it better. Tobiano has lots of amazing holes but since you got there first, I'll go with no. 5 at Predator ridge on the Ridge course. Helps that I made par on that but we spent a good few minutes taking in the view and taking pics.

There's another that comes to mind at Nicklaus north in Whistler...par 3 with the lake on the left. I dropped my ball into the water with a seaplane landing. Need to find out what hole that is though.
55d5a731d3b7e63e403562d7808b7fee.jpg

Truly some amazing golf holes in Arizona, but this one at Sedona Golf Resort is special for many reasons, one of which is this is where my wife and I honeymooned (Sedona). I have a picture I took here when I played it, and I have had people tell me that it must be fake. Nope (although this particular shot was just pulled off of the internet).4F0449FD-DE47-4C66-9365-3A4B50E01C88.jpeg

This may be one of the hardest choices to make. How on Earth do you choose?

That...is a beauty for sure. Just wish I played it better. Tobiano has lots of amazing holes but since you got there first, I'll go with no. 5 at Predator ridge on the Ridge course. Helps that I made par on that but we spent a good few minutes taking in the view and taking pics.

There's another that comes to mind at Nicklaus north in Whistler...par 3 with the lake on the left. I dropped my ball into the water with a seaplane landing. Need to find out what hole that is though.
55d5a731d3b7e63e403562d7808b7fee.jpg
#17 at Nicklaus North.

My favorite hole in NJ is the par 3 7th hole at Wild Turkey on the Crystal Springs property. Usually plays between 190-205 yds.

48AF15BC-C031-4F13-8833-16C4EB5D75C3.jpeg

For nostalgic reasons I also love pretty much every hole at Metedeconk. If I had to pick my 3 favorite there it would be the par 5 3rd hole, par 3 23rd hole, and par 4 27th hole.

My favorite hole in NJ is the par 3 7th hole at Wild Turkey on the Crystal Springs property. Usually plays between 190-205 yds.

View attachment 8915968

For nostalgic reasons I also love pretty much every hole at Metedeconk. If I had to pick my 3 favorite there it would be the par 5 3rd hole, par 3 23rd hole, and par 4 27th hole.
Oh hellz no! I couldn't carry enough balls in my bag to play that hole! ?

This may be one of the hardest choices to make. How on Earth do you choose?

See what you do is you think about your favorite holes on the courses you have played. Then post your favorite that is in your state. ?

2EAAEDD8-82CC-41A8-AF4D-9B28DC76B5A3.jpeg
I mean 16 at Cabot is probably the most photogenic.

See what you do is you think about your favorite holes on the courses you have played. Then post your favorite that is in your state. ?
....... Is this because I can’t read? I feel it is.

I’ve played a lot of good golf courses in Florida, I’m trying to narrow it down and doing so poorly

Oh, for me its easily the Par 5 3rd at Oak Tree National. Its a BEAST, and just beeeeeeeeeautifully cut into the land and trees.

Its also fabled because when Dye came back years after designing the course he apologized because he must have been in a mean mood towards golfers when he designed that one.

....... Is this because I can’t read? I feel it is.

I’ve played a lot of good golf courses in Florida, I’m trying to narrow it down and doing so poorly

Ifigured there was a hole at Medalist maybe. 10 at Conservatory? 15 at PGA National? 16 at Copperhead?

Ifigured there was a hole at Medalist maybe. 10 at Conservatory? 15 at PGA National? 16 at Copperhead?

I have it down to about five courses, and yes those three courses are in there. Hell even grand cypress is in there

15 at National is so good.

18th hole, Half Moon Bay Golf Course:
HMB.png

12th hole at Bluejack National paired with the tri tip and jerky station, peach sweet tea on tap
784C7760-9616-4A29-8051-8DE2FE5F4BF4.jpeg

Wish I had a picture of it, 18th hole at Washtenaw Golf club, par 4 blind tee shot that has a sharp drop off with a creek at the bottom. There is a lamp at the tee box that has a switch at the bottom of the hill, you've gotta wait til the group ahead turns it back on to make your shot

No brainer for me. Some of the greatest to ever play the game have said this is one of the best in the world, and from my limited experience I absolutely agree!

Pebble Beach 8th Hole
CbBRtu5UEAA5xr1.jpg

PBGL_Thursday-TaylorMade_11-17-16_KM-056-3.jpg

View attachment 8915968

I love Wild Turkey. 6-7-8 is a good stretch with a short par 4, this par 3, and a par 5 that I can sometimes reach in two.

Oh hellz no! I couldn't carry enough balls in my bag to play that hole! ?
You'll be safe. There's a drop zone on the other side of the water. :cool:

I have it down to about five courses, and yes those three courses are in there. Hell even grand cypress is in there

I can take a look at the Conservatory and Ocean holes next month if you need some more input. ;)

There are so many good holes in NJ and a lot of them are at Forsgate. Here's 17 (the Biarritz) and of course I didn't make the birdie putt from the swale.

20180420-164913.jpg

I haven't played any of the very top flight courses yet in my new state.

But of those I have played, NC State's Lonnie Poole course's par 5 #10 hole is pretty darn nice.

d828610d17addb2c6ce40aa8cf69036f.jpg

Back in NY, my favorite was probably Bethpage Black #18. A criticized hole because it's just a straight away finishing hole.

But ignoring it's placement on the course, I really love its vibe, especially from the tee. Elevated, prodigious bunkering right and left framed by wispy golden fescue, the clubhouse perched behind the green.

Love it.
efe321a13760d99cdf22ca2a6a73618f.jpg
075661ac88c72127090c122c4b3e61aa.jpg

Last edited:
Hole #6 at Seminole Golf Club - Juno Beach. It was Hogan's favorite hole. Good enough for me! and I birdied it, the only time I played it.

chhnt7n.jpg

Blue Mound Golf and Country Club’s “short” hole. Awesome to begin with and was recently renovated even better. Can’t wait to play it again. Raynor green complexes > all others. This doesn't do it justice, but all i could find:
1576799708735.png

Last edited:
This will take a bit of thought ?

Back