Your favorite irons from the last 3 years?

InHartWeTrust

Ball Go Far.
Reaction score
Handicap
4-5ish
I'm new here, so I hope this isn't a "beating a dead horse" type of a topic..if it is, mods, delete away.

What are your favorite irons of the last 3 years?
Obviously, with the average THP'ers club whoring habits, these likely won't be what is currently in the bag :confused2:

For me, I like the VR Pro Combos, although I've never owned them. It was love at first strike with them...but now, right before I was going to pull the trigger to replace my Mizuno blades, the i20's blindsided me.

What's your take?

Mizuno MP-59s. Theyre THAT good!

For me, Taylormade R9. Still love em, still game em, not gonna change any time soon.

My Cobra S3's just a nice feeling set of irons.

That's easy. Rocketballz!

hmmmm have a couple. Mizuno MX300 which I bagged for a while, R11 irons which are currently in my bag and will be for a while as well. There are so many good irons out there its really hard to choose.

jpx-800's and now the jpx-800 pros

yall are better than me, but I'm all IN LUV with my Ping G20's :joy:

The Scratch SB1's are really nice, I would have bought them by now but I'm low on green. :(

I'm new here, so I hope this isn't a "beating a dead horse" type of a topic..if it is, mods, delete away.

What are your favorite irons of the last 3 years?
Obviously, with the average THP'ers club whoring habits, these likely won't be what is currently in the bag :confused2:

For me, I like the VR Pro Combos, although I've never owned them. It was love at first strike with them...but now, right before I was going to pull the trigger to replace my Mizuno blades, the i20's blindsided me.

What's your take?

I'm gaming a set a little older than three years, but I have my eyes on a new current set. I still like my older Nike CCi irons as well but they are resting right now.

Callaway RAZR X tours. Great all around iron.

I loved the Wilson Staff ci9's and the R9 irons for slightly older irons. The R11's I'm gaming now are pretty good too.

I like a lot of different iron sets for lots of different reasons. The R11s were nice. The Ci11s are nice. The i20s are nice. The JPX 800s were nice. I think it really just depends on what you're looking for. They're all so different. They all come with different stock shaft offerings.

with a +.8 handicap you're a great golfer and you need to go with what fits you and your game. I think mizunos are the very best in forged irons ,( which of course you should be playing) look at their different sets and try before buying, they make an excellent forged blade with just a slight cavity back.

I have played Cobra S2's, Nike VR Pro Combos, and Bridgestone J40's.

VR PC's are dead sexy but I just needed a tad bit more forgiveness and the J40's offer that in a simple, classic package.

Will be playing some Wishon's 979SS's in a few weeks so looking forward to seeing what they are about.

Team Hackers tapping!

Blades: Adams MB2, Mizuno MP-69, TM TP MB, J40

Game enhancement: Mizuno MP-59, Razr X Tour, i20

Game Improvement: Razr X HL, Cobra AMP, RBZ

SGI: Razr XF, K15, JPX-800 HD

TM R11

Blades: Adams MB2, Mizuno MP-69, TM TP MB, J40

Game enhancement: Mizuno MP-59, Razr X Tour, i20

Game Improvement: Razr X HL, Cobra AMP, RBZ

SGI: Razr XF, K15, JPX-800 HD

The J40's are not blades. Not even close. Furthermore, there are actually 2 different designs in the J40 line: cavity backs and dual pocket cavities.

Team Hackers tapping!

I'd take the 2.0's, Jpx 800's, and the Nike Pro Cavity. I like my clunky strong lofted irons.

--
tapatalk

The J40's are not blades. Not even close. Furthermore, there are actually 2 different designs in the J40 line: cavity backs and dual pocket cavities.

Team Hackers tapping!

I'm not referring to the DPCs. Whether or not they are they play like a blade for me.

:bridgestone: Dual Pocket Cavity series (J38's & J40's).
Thin top-line & sole, yet packed with forgiveness.

I like Titleist AP 2 and current set I'm gaming R9 TP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmmm have a couple. Mizuno MX300 which I bagged for a while, R11 irons which are currently in my bag and will be for a few weeks as well. There are so many good irons out there its really hard to choose.
fify!!!

Very pleased with the TaylorMade R11's.

Back