Mine was at 86 (198 carry) this march while on a launch monitor, and now it's in the 92-96 since my back issues aren't showing their ugly heads. More impressively, a buddy of mine was on the launch monitor with an average speed of 120-125 and topping out around 135. It is scary to see him swing the club...if only I were a physical monster like he.

At the Bridgestone fitting I averaged 107 - 111 with my driver. I typically drive the ball about 260 yards on average, but on well struck shots with good roll I get about 280-290 out of a drive, I measure most of my drives on holes with typical slope. On holes with slope I have seen drives well over 300 yards but keep in mind the ball will run out much further than normal. Most people I play with highly overestimate how far they drive the ball but the one thing about having a skycaddie is you don't have to second guess your distance. I have measured my drives since owning the device quite frequently and especially when I hit a good one just to see how far they go. I have learned how far I hit every club in my bag and with that being said, developed a much smoother swing. The big thing I love about having a distance device is you learn how far the half shots fly and that helps with your feel.

My driver swing speed was 102-105 mph when I did my fitting at the Taylormade Performance Lab 1 month ago.

107-109 here.

When I got fitted for my irons a few months ago my driver ss was 100 to 105 and my irons speed was 88-92 consistently.
I was at EWatts and have no idea if their monitor was setup correctly but I have to hope that it was....

and the launch monitor thanks you for your support :beat-up: lol
My average SS was between 108 and 115 and I topped out at 123. Those numbers may have dropped however as I am trying to control the ball more than I used to.

I am going to bring 3 grand with me this time in case I actually break the darn thing haha (J/K of course. I wish I had that kind of money to throw around).

I think yours is a bit higher bro. I would say that you top out in the mid to high teens.

Who knows. PGA Superstore's sim had me in that range but it also seemed to be putting my ball a few yards shorter than in real life. Thanks for the optimism though!

Who knows. PGA Superstore's sim had me in that range but it also seemed to be putting my ball a few yards shorter than in real life. Thanks for the optimism though!

their swing speeds are not right at all. They have accurate launch angles and spin and ball speed, but their SS is not accurate in the least.

We stopped by an indoor/GolfTec driving range over the weekend near closing time and their computers were all fishy...it kept saying my driver length was 222 yards, WOW!! But this could be accurate or not but it said that my swing speed was 60?

Pretty consistently @ 91 mph for me. I've lost ~8-10 mph since taking time off from the game and getting some back issues, but I think my strikes are still pretty pure and efficient; kept getting about 140mph ball speed at the Bridgestone ball fittings and up to 146-148 now that I've swapped to the supertri from the R7.

I should have looked at ball speed too.

their swing speeds are not right at all. They have accurate launch angles and spin and ball speed, but their SS is not accurate in the least.

Hmmm, that's where I clocked mine. I'm curious if mine is higher or *gasp*...lower.

110-111 on a Trackman during demo day at two separate booths (Callaway and Taylormade). My swing sucks so I don't really hit it solid that often, decent drive for me is 250-260. I max out in normal conditions (not downhill or downwind) around 285yds.

125? seriously?

My swing is kinda ridiculous, but my drive is what I have down. Plus I do use the SuperFast with the stock Longg shaft. Helps bump it up lol. But yea my average ball carry is 295-310 yards.

WOW-- Some of you guys are really trying to keep up with my 9 iron! :D:golf3:

At the Bridgestone fitting I averaged 107 - 111 with my driver. I typically drive the ball about 260 yards on average, but on well struck shots with good roll I get about 280-290 out of a drive, I measure most of my drives on holes with typical slope. On holes with slope I have seen drives well over 300 yards but keep in mind the ball will run out much further than normal. Most people I play with highly overestimate how far they drive the ball but the one thing about having a skycaddie is you don't have to second guess your distance. I have measured my drives since owning the device quite frequently and especially when I hit a good one just to see how far they go. I have learned how far I hit every club in my bag and with that being said, developed a much smoother swing. The big thing I love about having a distance device is you learn how far the half shots fly and that helps with your feel.

I don't think you can say most people overestimate how far they hit it when quite a few here are probably doing the same thing as you as far as hitting a drive and using a GPS to measure their distance. I know I do at least.

hahaha. A 9iron off the freeway maybe.

My swing speed is 105-110. Caryr about 275. I can carry it farther by swinging harder but then it stops where it lands. Last month my buddy tought me to trust my swing and swing smoother and slower into the wind. I swing slightly "smoother" I get less carry but far more roll and its helps. Before when driving into the wind I'ld swing out of my shoes, hit this big balloon into the wind and lose tons of distance.

Interesting that some folks have faster swing speeds than the average swing speeds of both Dustin Johnson and Bubba.

I can attest to the people that got it done at the outing. Heck, biggsy's SS is faster than most of the tour pros that we have seen. And it is controlled too.

Those clubs have been holding you back...hahaha

I range from 88 cold to 97 when I get limbered up...or finish the first three courage drinks that found their way into my cooler. I've noticed on shot tracker that if I get much faster my backspin goes way up and I'm pretty sure I could checkup my drive on concrete, somewhere in the range o 4500-5000

Here is biggsy's launch monitor screen after one of his drives. He got it faster than this most of the time too.

IMG00144-20100618-0909-400x300.jpg

I haven't checked since the beginning of the season, but then I was swinging around 80mph. I think I got that up to 100mph now, but I'm not positive because you never can trust the simulators at golf stores.

wow thats impressive if you gained 20mph. Thats going from a M flex to a stiff flex in some shafts.

I don't think you can say most people overestimate how far they hit it when quite a few here are probably doing the same thing as you as far as hitting a drive and using a GPS to measure their distance. I know I do at least.

I said most people I play with and yes they do overestimate substantially in most cases.

I sometimes with I was over estimating but I consistently over drive 2 short par 4s on my regular course at 285 and 291 yards, im usualy 20 or more past. But im so bad with my 3 wood my 2nd shot is usually much better from the past the green position lol.

Back