Your wife’s new friend’s husband plays golf too!!

Your reaction?

• Yay! A new person to play golf with. 😀

Votes: 33 68.8%
  • Yay. A new person to play golf with. 🙄

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Honey I sold my clubs. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

Bosco...

JB Cobb III told me to do it.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12’ish
I’ll usually play golf with anyone who wants to play, as long as they have basic golf etiquette. Don’t care if I’m the alpha or the beta. Actually prefer to be the beta of the group as it will force me to play better.

What’s your take? Do you keep a tight circle? Open to new faces? If anything you know your wife and her friend will have “complaining about their husbands” in common. 🤣

(And of course ladies I’m not just talking to the guys here to be fair, works the other way too)

Always play golf with new people. Maybe after you do then you can choose put a governor on the frequency.....but could make some golf trips easier to pull off.

Haven't played with some one new in years, play with my golfing Buddie.

What happens if... the two golfers don’t hit it off too well..? How does that effect the two wives relationship?

I already have more invites than time. My wife wouldn't even expect me to golf with her new friends hubby.

“Oh cool. We’ll have to set something up.” And then let it fade away. I’m a little too old to have play dates.

I almost always play with a tight group. I only play a few times a year anymore, so figure I'll play with my family.

We are in a group called Sunday Couples and the lady who runs it, purposefully keeps the pairings different so that you won't play with the same couple for probably well over a year. We have met some really nice people in that group and have heard some say that they have been playing in the group for 4 years and never or only once been paired with a couple a second time.

It's a great part of the social aspect of the game.

It'll be either #1 or #2, but I'll have to meet him first to decide which it is. Chances are pretty strong that it'll be an occasional thing separate from my regular group, as opposed to bringing him into the group.

Honestly, there’s nothing more enjoyable for me, then going out on our course later in the afternoon and playing alone. I find it therapeutic a walk with nature, hitting great shots, talking with God.

Other than that, I have a tight group of guys that I play with we know each other’s idiosyncrasies we play fast there’s no goofing around.

Once one of our guys had to bring along a relative that was staying the weekend with them and what I pain it was. He was horrendously slow never shut up the whole round, constantly took four or five practice swings, and then would blade or chunk his shot. He would analyze the green from every possible angle and of course he 3 or 4 putted every green. After every missed shot, he would give a full explanation of what he did wrong.

Yeah, no, thanks until the guy has been fully vetted.

Its A Trap GIF by Star Wars

Keeping their eye on me…

Nope.

you left off "oh, crap", but I guess in a way "Honey, I sold my clubs" almost covers it.

I’m happy to play with anyone once. Some people have been great, some I would rather give up the game than play with again. If you’re against playing with new people, you’re playing the wrong game

A new golfer for the group means less of a chance we get paired up with a random weirdo.

Does she play as well?

I've been SO looking forward to having a couple to golf with me and the wife.

I think this would so fun. Wife’s college roommate is a club pro and I’m a former superintendent. We decided when we retire we’ll find an old goat track and I’ll be the grumpy old grounds guy and he’ll be the grumpy old golf pro. Free golf until we croak. 🤣

Golf is literally the only activity that would get me to spend 4+ hours with a stranger. It’s less about loving golf that much and more about being in an environment that supports a tolerable amount of small talk.

This thread is based on a false assumption that my wife has made new friends. 😐

If she DID, and there was a golfing husband, I absolutely would get out for a round or two with him. No issues there.

I think this would so fun. Wife’s college roommate is a club pro and I’m a former superintendent. We decided when we retire we’ll find an old goat track and I’ll be the grumpy old grounds guy and he’ll be the grumpy old golf pro. Free golf until we croak. 🤣
Sounds perfect!!!

I just want her to play more, and having a friend to join with a husband who is tolerable would be outstanding!

I play most of my golf at my club now so my wife’s friends generally aren’t members. That said I would definitely have one of her friends husbands out to play.

I mean i might want to meet the guy first at a dinner or something. Can't you have them over first? If he's a decent guy and can get it around OK i'd play with him sure

But i gotta vet people. I mean a golfer of my caliber, i don't think just anybody should be able to witness me hit balls

I can tell you when I hunted, it was a no-go. As in don’t even mention it. Golf swings don’t scare me much.

I'm in! If they aren't any fun to play with after a round, maybe two... (could care less if they're better or worse) then I probably won't do it again. I definitely want to meet them socially first as a couple, i.e. lunch/dinner/drinks, or whatever before deciding to golf.

Back